Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Class

Downloads
    Uploads

Favorite Class

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Do you have a favorite class and/or prestige class? I'm rather partial to Bard and Eldritch Knight myself, allthough I have never used them together.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although I try to keep myself from playing the same character over and over, I tend to gravitate towards clerics. Usually, I tend towards the martial and law oriented gods, so my character borders on being a paladin, but with a much greater range of spells (and in 2nd edition, much easier to qualify for). My second favorite archetype would actually be the scholarly or investigator type cleric, but I've one or twice played this role as a bard, albeit briefly before the campaign fell apart.

Sadly as it may be, I most often DM, so I don't often have the chance to expand my horizons as a player.

Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohhh. I should also add that I like the Cleric/Loremaster combo.
    Robert A. Howard
    Pen & Paper Games
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam?

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Evil Priests... being good is a waste of what that class can do.

Wizards and Sorcerers... so much variety with all the spell choices you have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats a hard question for me since I pretty much play everthing under the sun. I tend to lead towards monks and paladins, but my more recent fav is the Swordsage from the Book of the Nine Swords. I also play sorcerers/monk combos alot. I would say my favorite presitige class is Walker of the Waste, got to love having an army of sand golems and becoming a dry lich, although it does suck when it rains .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolt268 View Post
    I tend to lead towards monks and paladins, but my more recent fav is the Swordsage from the Book of the Nine Swords.
    I'm planning on trying out a monk/paladin. Ever play one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
    Evil Priests... being good is a waste of what that class can do.
    I always figured neutral priests get away with murder. Able to cast evil spells and channel positive energy.
    Last edited by starfalconkd; 05-10-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I have, they are kind of odd. They can be very cool. The hard part about them is you need so many good stats, but its not to muhc different the being a monk in general, just need CHA now with the Wis/dex/str/con hehe. If you do try it out, take a look at Complete Adventurer. It has a feat for Monk/Paladin combo called "Ascetic Knight". Not to bad of a feat. One really nice thing about that combo is that you will have amazing saves, as long as you have good CHA. There are quite a few other feats out there that will make it even more worth while but I can't think of them off hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hard choice here. LN Hobgoblin Monk/Cleric or CE Gnome Illusionist/Tinker? I will have to go for the Gnome, just for the fact my buddy was having a go at being DM for the first time and it was my chance to get back at him for his continual use of Half-Orc Barbarians that ruined most negotiations for advancing the story.

Illusion + Exploding Acid Traps = Fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Halfling sorcerer/rogue-->arcane trickster PrC. That was a pretty fun ride, although the DM was a bit easy on us.

Other than that, the Warblade from Tome of Battle seemed like it would be fun. I also like new takes on the core classes, like Rogues with loads of skill tricks and luck feats from Complete Scoundrel, or a Warforged Barbarian with the alternate rage from Unearthed Arcana.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call me bland, but I like a good ole human fighter brandishing a longsword and light mace - peppered with a little magic to beef up the saving throws. You spice him/her up with a creative backstory that you play true to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthygeek View Post
    Call me bland, but I like a good ole human fighter brandishing a longsword and light mace - peppered with a little magic to beef up the saving throws. You spice him/her up with a creative backstory that you play true to.
    You're hardly bland. Simplicity can allow for awesome roleplaying, especially when the simple guy defeats the uber-villain.

Ed Zachary Guest
    Player/GM:
    LFG:
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthygeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by starfalconkd View Post
    You're hardly bland. Simplicity can allow for awesome roleplaying, especially when the simple guy defeats the uber-villain.
    I agree with the above, anything I want to do with a D&D character can be done with the 11 core classes.

For me, I do not get to create and run many characters, so I don't get bored with the selection. Role playing should be enhanced by the race and class selection. Too many people get caught up in playing an odd class and odd race once or twice, and never develop that into a character with character.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite class right now is the Duskblade from PHB II. They finally melded the fighter/wizard class properly.

The Warmage from Complete Arcane is a close second with its ability to add the INT modifier to spell damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite class I got from my "the complete adventurer" book I love my tielfling Ninja but I also love the ranger class, I prefer melee combat not magic though I am willing to try almost any class that has anything to do with pets/mounts/companions. I also have a centaur ranger.
    "If you are flamable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedburg

"If you find you are falling into madness -- dive." -Malkavian Proverb

Swords don't need reloading... that's why I am a melee fan .

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast