Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Would you pay to use a space to hold weekly or monthly game sessions?

Downloads
    Uploads

Would you pay to use a space to hold weekly or monthly game sessions?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Would you and your game group pay money (a fair amount) to have a convenient and well managed space to game at every week?

I am just curious, because I know often times it is difficult to find a location for everyone to game at that has the minimum amount of distractions, has a good amount of space (this includes table space) for everyone, that everyone can get to. You can play at game stores, but not all game stores have separate game rooms and if they do they tend to be a little stuffy and small. Also the other draw back to playing at a store is the store's hours of operation.

Also I was wondering how much you have paid in the past for such spaces at game stores and whether that was a fair price in your mind?
    Last edited by jade von delioch; 09-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    I do not play them here or there, I do not play them anywhere, I do not play them with a fox. I do not mash that button box. I do not like MMO games. In the end ther're all the same.
    -Tesral

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a couple of stores in our area here that charge each person playing in a game $1 to help ofset the electric bill.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not going ot reject the idea. We used to have a member only "game club" the Detroit Gaming Center. I believe they lost the lease to the building. That was back in the late 70s early 80s.

There is currently a place in Livonia called Pandemonium. It has large airy gaming areas. They do not change. If I use it I have always made a point of buying something in their store. The store keeps the place going.

Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
    My favorite game console is a table and chairs.
    The Olde Phoenix Inn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've dropped cash to use a conference room before.

One of the goals for Arcanum Syndicate, the game publisher I work for, is to eventually be able to afford an office space, which will have a "game room" which will be open to the public for Chaos 6010 games. Thus, the company would be capable of showing off it's own material, as well as using the time to play test products.