Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Tombs & Terrors RPG

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Tombs & Terrors RPG

Anyone got this? Played it? What did you think?

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/84759/...y-Role-Playing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Simon,

Okeedoke, I picked up Tombs and Terrors yesterday on a whim. I like it quite a bit! The Giant-Kin are cool. The new classes appearing in The Book of Classes are VERY neat. The skill system is very neat too. I might use it as my goto game for Fantasy instead of C&C, just because it's different enough to feel fresh, and to round out the fact that just about everything else I do at the table these days seems to be designed by you. :-)

Question: Was there a homebrew universe to go along with this game when you played it with your group? If so, what was it like?

Question: How compatible is this with Medieval Mysteries (which I guess I should go and pick up now).

Question: Did you give any thoughts to how the classes in the book of classes would be classified with regards to the various races? Are any of them restricted to certain races? Prefered?

All the best,

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Question: Was there a homebrew universe to go along with this game when you played it with your group? If so, what was it like?
    Not exactly, I just cobbled together a basic fantasy-ish setting. I wanted to do a setting for it, but never got around to it.

Question: How compatible is this with Medieval Mysteries (which I guess I should go and pick up now).
    Very compatible.

Question: Did you give any thoughts to how the classes in the book of classes would be classified with regards to the various races? Are any of them restricted to certain races? Prefered?
    The classes were taken from my C&C Book of Classes (which is still downloadable from Dragonsfoot) and given a dust-off to be compatible with TnT. I must admit, I didn't really do too much thinking about race restrictions etc, since I was giving the book away for free, I didn't actually spend too much time on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Simon,

Would you say that MM is SO compatible that you could plop the classes right in to TnT w/out any conversion? Are they balanced in that way? For some reason I got the sense that classes in MM were slightly less powerful (at least in terms of Hit Points).

You should go back and give the race restrictions and what not a bit more thought and then charge us for The Book of Classes. I'd pay at least $1.00. :-)

Anyhoo - it's fun stuff. I think I'll use TnT to introduce a new gamer to the hobby.

All the best,

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Simon,

Would you say that MM is SO compatible that you could plop the classes right in to TnT w/out any conversion? Are they balanced in that way? For some reason I got the sense that classes in MM were slightly less powerful (at least in terms of Hit Points).
    I suppose the classes are less powerful but the system is compatible.

You should go back and give the race restrictions and what not a bit more thought and then charge us for The Book of Classes. I'd pay at least $1.00. :-)
    I can't be bothered.

Anyhoo - it's fun stuff. I think I'll use TnT to introduce a new gamer to the hobby.
    Cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    I can't be bothered.
    I was sort of kidding, hence the smiley, but fair enough.

Best,

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly