Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Has anyone run a Dune game?

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone run a Dune game?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello. Has anyone run/played a Dune campaign using the rule book by Unicorn? I recently picked up a copy and read through the rules etc. and it seems like a decent system despite the lack of further gaming material and I would like to know how it went? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have run it before and it went well, at least as far as the system goes. The players were more into combat oriented games so the change to finesse oriented did not go over well with all of them. The system, as I said, holds it own. Ive also played LUG's Star Trek TNG game and like that as well. The hardest part about these games is the system looks intimidating, but really isn't once you get used to it. Since I played Star Trek before DUNE, I was familiar with the system and things ran smooth. So if your players are into the setting and if they take the time to get familiar with the system, you should have no problems at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mark that is sounds promising. Now to find some players or someone else, aside from yourself, who has played, you are not in Arizona are you?. I also do enjoy Star Trek TNG as far as the television show goes. So I think I will look into LUGs STTNG thanks for the heads up on that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, no, not in Arizona.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To not let you completely hanging, a while back had a short lived Dune game (I'm in arizona), but I don't remember it well. I might as soon as reread the book, then I'll tell ya!
    Last edited by Reaperof666; 03-02-2013 at 07:45 AM.