Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: showthread_campaign in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
LF Virtual or Live game
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Additional Options Looking for Players?: No
Online Game

Thread: LF Virtual or Live game

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile LF Virtual or Live game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Greetings everyone! I am currently looking for a live or virtual game that I may look into joining.

About me:
    I live in Omaha, NE. I have been roleplaying for about 11 years. The game systems I have played and like the most are GURPS, Star Wars D20, D20 Modern and Pathfinder. I would like to play some Mutants and Masterminds too but have little to no experience with that game. I like about 75%/25% RP/Combat ratio, give or take 5%. I really do enjoy RP a lot.

I am looking for one of two types of games: virtual or in person.

Virtual:
    • I have used D20 Pro (players license only) for the game and Ventrilo for the voice chat. I have Teamspeak and a Skype account I can use as well. I find that Ventrilo has excellent quality and prefer it over the others.
    • I could be persuaded to use a different program like maptools or similar if it was not too much to learn. A virtual game is preferred over a live game if a live game is not available to play in.
    • Recently I have been using Roll20. I find that it has ease of use, compatibility with any game system, and easy to learn. I may try that and see how it goes.

Live:
    • If anyone has a game with spots open I could be persuaded to join if the game was right.
    • I do not play D&D 4e and have no desire to start either now or in the future. I have enough game systems I want to play without adding another that changes what I liked about 3.5 (and now Pathfinder).
    • I am more fond of Sci-Fi than I am fantasy but that is not to say that won't play fantasy. I do enjoy good fantasy games and have come up with many good characters on more than one occasion.

Preferred games for live/virtual:

• Pathfinder
    • Star Wars D20
    • Mutants & Masterminds
    • GURPS
    • Other games will be considered on a case by case basis.

Current availability:

• I currently work Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. Generally weekdays are out as I have a high workload (with frequent overtime) and coupled with chronic fatigue I have no energy at night to play.
    • Saturdays & Sundays are out as my fiancé is off on those days and I spend all my time with her. The exception to this is my monthly game which is already set.
    • My job did indeed change and I have a weekday schedule from 8 to 5.
    • I might consider bumping off my Friday night game if the Saga game I am in doesn't pan out. One of the players is making it hard to play because of extreme antics that I find very frustrating. I will see how that goes.

I use Hero Lab for my character generation for Pathfinder and I have a lot of books for it. I also have the package for 3.5 and Mutants & Masterminds. If Shadowrun was to be played I might be persuaded to buy that one too although it would be a bit down the road to budget that one into my finances.

If any groups out there wish to have a solid, reliable gamer (I loath drama) to join their group, please contact me via the email function via the forums.

I look forward to seeing what is out there!

EDIT: I updated this post to reflect changes since I first posted it.
    Last edited by Grand Moff Vixen; 05-06-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for Pathfinder group!

Unsure if you're still looking for a group.

I live in Omaha, NE as well and I've been looking for a Pathfinder group but have no experience GM'ing and would much rather play, truth be told.

My "go to" character at the moment is Ranger (archer) but I'm not opposed to playing other characters at all. If you're already involved with another group, let me know how many players are already in your group and what sort of game you're DM is running. I may decided to join you if there is a position open

Thanks for your consideration, fellow gamer!!! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a pretty good gaming résumé.

I've been playing on-and-off as I can find stable groups for over a decade. Broke my teeth on 2nd ed D&D, have played most of the D&D versions except 4th, some Shadowrun, a smattering of other systems. If you don't mind me attaching myself like a symbiote, we could become one of those wandering groups looking for a good DM. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I haven't updated this thread. I had some trouble in the past being able to view the thread I made. Like made everything blank. But that seems to have been solved (whatever it was).

At this time my current schedule is taken up with a Friday night Star Wars Saga game and a monthly pathfinder game I play in on Saturday.

As to being a GM, I have very little experience but am willing to try. It would be a 4 player group at largest. I have been tossing around a GURPS game for a little while. It is a game of political intrigue set in the near future. I haven't decided when I want to run it but I suppose I should do an interest check in one of the gaming threads.

I am still around if anyone wants to contact me.
    Last edited by Grand Moff Vixen; 05-06-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no issue with being a wandering group. I do prefer virtual over play by post though. As of now, I am no longer in any play by post games. I have too much work and not enough day to get it all done. Case in point, I just pulled 12 hours today. I am dead tired from days like this. We'll have to see what the future brings for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmaster Rick View Post
    That's a pretty good gaming résumé.

I've been playing on-and-off as I can find stable groups for over a decade. Broke my teeth on 2nd ed D&D, have played most of the D&D versions except 4th, some Shadowrun, a smattering of other systems. If you don't mind me attaching myself like a symbiote, we could become one of those wandering groups looking for a good DM. =)