Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Deadlands reloaded
Style: Not Specified
Current Players: 1
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Open RPG version 1.7.7 or later
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Open RPG version 1.7.7 or later)

Thread: Deadlands Reloaded the last stop

Downloads
    Uploads

Deadlands Reloaded the last stop

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I am looking to start a deadlands reloaded campaign. Right now the day(s) we play are open to discussion, including the possibility of changing each time if need be, but I would like to meet at least once a week. Wednesday night is out as I have a game on that night that I enjoy and it ends at varied times. I want use a voice program to allow everyone to talk as I find some of the more interesting aspects of human interaction do not occur if you can proof read what you are saying. I have mangaged to get the card dealing plug-in for open RPG to work so that is what we will be using. I am still open to suggestions for favored voice program if there are no other suggestions I will suggest skype.

The first adventure is going to be based on the published adventure the last stop. This adventure is suitable to bring the characters together to start off their working relationships if you do not want to work to tie your histories together. I will still expect you to create characters that can work together. So, while having a shaman that sees technology and an abomination and seeks to dispose of it can be a neat character it become problematic if there is a mad scientist in the group. Or a zealous inquisitor and witch hunter blessed being put in a group with a huckster. Now, this is not to say that you could not have these people in the same group there would just have to be an understanding that you will have to find reasons to work together and not kill each other. To this end I would like it if people could send me their ideas for a character when they start having them. I will not tell you all you can not play your characters if there is a conflict I will simply bring it to the attention of the people involved in the conflict so that they can be aware of the fact before the game starts and adjust accordingly.

After the first adventure I will know more about your characters and if you all give me feedback more about what you want in a game. With that information I can make better decisions on what is next. I have a few ideas rattling around in my head and several printed adventures that can be reworked depending on what you all like.

I will update the information on the game as I gain players and we figure everything out.
    Last edited by Fuzzy alchemist; 07-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could I perhaps join your game?

Supporters tend to argue with me that roleplaying is separate from the system and can be strongly supported in any game. I always encourage them to write a history for their iron token in monopoly and discuss the motivations for passing go.
    - Engar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may be interested in this, it depends on the day and time as I'm located in the UK. Let my know when you have more details.

Wibbs

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really liked the Deadlands setting but have never gotten to play the Reloaded edition. Best of luck in your game.
    HARRY DRESDEN WIZARD
    Lost items found. Paranormal Investigations.
    Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates.
    No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    why does no one play this anymore

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really sure. I think a lot of people are simply unaware of it. I Gave it a shot 5 years ago and have not gotten enough people at one time to make a game. I think I should have run solo sessions so that I could add people as they appeared, but at this point I have little interest in running a game. I have proven to myself repeatedly that I lack a lot of the skills needed to run anything long term. Which brings me to the other issue. Even if people have heard of a game it is always hard to find a GM.