Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Fantasy campaign

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Fantasy campaign

Looking for someone that knows 3.5 that can help me with my campaign

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a campaign based loosely around an old ps1 game called legend of legaia

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    what sort of help are you needing? not familiar with that particular game.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well basically the concept of the game is each each character had seru its a special item that grant specific powers based on there class and it stores the souls of there enemies they kill for later use I need help coming up with ideas for the powers granted for each class and the abilities that the players could spend there stored souls on like an example would be for the rogue for spending 5 souls the next 2 round the seru engulfs the player in shadow allowing each turn to start out with a sneak attack

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about the grammar auto correct is a pain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds pretty epic. Would it be difficult to balance? Will you take away their abilities in order to gain more? Or perhaps increase any CR rating you throw at them?

Basically every character will run off of this soul powered device? If so then devising it to spread through all of the different Melee, Arcane, Divine, Ranger, Monk, Paladin etc etc classes sounds a bit much. With an Evil campaign stealing souls would make more sense. I can't imagine a good guy keeping their defeated foe from entering their idea of Heaven :-D.

Some ideas here.

Wizards Perhaps could get Metamagic bonus when stealing souls.
    Sorcerers Could get bonus to spells per day or likewise Metamagics. Changing spell dmg or even creating custom spells for different types of souls or ways they steal them. Enough souls could empower Limited Wish or Wish. Of course that's far far away from lvl 1.

Divine casters could get bonus healing or turn/control undead. Raising undead even if they save up their soul count and becoming a Necromancer with a stored Horde of summon minions. Diablo 2 much?

Melee fighters could get bonus to dmg/attack/attack bonus (easy) or spell like abilities adding to their weps/armor like vorpal, element burst, keen, speed etc etc. Perhaps Higher dodge? Emulating powerful magic items within their own flesh. Becoming a magic beings themselves as a glowing godly fighting force. Pulling powerful weapons out of the very wall or earth beneath their feet or even drawing a sword from their very flesh with the stored energy of their soul count.

Druidic/Ranger could get bonus to pets, shapeshifting, nature manipulation. Moving through the earth, manipulating time, space and even other planes of existence. Turn 1 arrow into many as you hurl a soul through the bow instead of an arrow.

You could even go further and have the specific style of Class get only those archetype bonuses. Like Destruction wizards only get bonus to destruction, or Dwarven Defenders (or dwarves) get mean bonus to DR/ and AC bonus. Same with Half Orcs and Barbarians. Extra Rage, more dmg, wilder Rage, rage shapechange?

Sky can be the limit. Hope some of this stuff helped.

Downloads
    Uploads
    See the concept of the soul system never came across as demonic it was more like the seru channeled the essence of that soul and converted its alignment to fit yours the story line of the game was very dark but it always kept the character feeling heroic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call it "Energy" or "Life Force" then and you're square. Taking souls is something Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat did to increase his power or the lore behind Chronicles of Riddick dealt with that as well. Hell even Vampires. In 99% of cases its evil and 'nuff said but your campaign can truly be a great exception.

But besides all that. I offered a list of the ideas you asked for and the only thing you tackled was my comment on Morality? What about the rest I wrote.

Downloads
    Uploads
    each level of the seru would have to be earn through a seperate level system
    like a seru leveling system yes i know its gonna be hard to balance but in the end i believe it will be a very fun campaign

Downloads
    Uploads
    i also liked the concept for the ranger having basically soul empowered arrows to enchance the potency of their shots

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like them but i was gonna go one more step ... each class could have 3 abilities that they could use cause not every class will be played the same the barbarian thing you suggested was good cause that class really doesnt have another way it can be played but the cleric can either be played evil neutral or good ... so each class would have 3 different abilities to enhance there character one that was evil one neutral and one good

Example:
    Cleric

Life Force Spent:

1:
    Good:
    Neutral:
    Evil:

5: Etc... just dont know what each one could be