Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: DM Studios - Public Domain Supers!

Downloads
    Uploads

DM Studios - Public Domain Supers!

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hello SUPERS! fans,

At the behest of Simon, I wanted to let you know about the products I am working on for SUPERS! I am the artist that did all the art for the book (which seems to get a 50/50 from reviewers) and I am currently creating character books based on The Public Domain Super Hero Wiki site.

These heroes are, as far as the Wiki can tell, in the public domain and free to use. Hence the reason I am using them for the very versatile SUPERS! rpg system. I can't tell you how much fun it is to create characters with the game, and how much fun it has been to draw the heroes as well.

So far I have released 4 issues and hope to do many more with 5 being released this week.

I am also releasing adventures for use in your personal games. The first two feature a previously released Public Domain character, and a new one of my own creation. Starting with the third adventure there will be two new characters in each adventure, hopefully increasing the value of the product.

All of my products are priced at the very economical 0.99 and you can pick up any (or all) of these at RPGnow

I will update this thread with new releases, and feel free to let me know what you think of the products, and of any other places I can promote both my own Supers! products and SUPERS! itself

Thanks
    Darrel

Downloads
    Uploads
    I checked out your products over at rpgnow, cool stuff!

For the 50% that you say didn't care for your Supers!Plus illustration, I highly encourage them to look at your work on the books at rpgnow. From what I saw they're much cleaner/better proportioned than your work on Supers! Not a knock on the Supers! illustrations by any means, I think they fit the book well.

Anywho, glad to see you on the (growing?) Supers! board.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy Darrel!

Good to see you here! Your public domain stuff looks fun, and what a great concept to publish those characters.

As for your art in SUPERS!, it might not grab folk with more modern sensibilities, but I enjoy it for its retro coolness. SO - thanks for all your work for SUPERS! and I look forward to your stuff in the future.

As for supporting SUPERS! - I've taken to posting over at rpg.net - at LEAST one post per day. My goal is to keep this gem of a game in active discussion in the hopes that more people will tune in and pay attention. It would be great to have you participate - even if only to announce new products as they come up.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is 50/50 (which I doubt) the other 50 are wrong.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragonfly, can you give me the link to the Supers! thread at rpg.net?

Downloads
    Uploads
    First Up - Simon, thanks for allowing me (and others) to use Supers! for our own products. I can't wait to see what others will do, and also thanks for the kind words. I was kind of joking about the 50/50

Dustland - you noticed! cool, it wasn't just in my mind. I do feel like my illustrative abilities have grown since the publication of Supers! and I am glad others can see it. However, i will note that I am going back to a more "cartoony" look as it fits who I want to be as an artist better. I felt like PDS #4 supers were a little stiff and lifeless and I find that when I approach the art with a bit less "realism" they have more energy and life in them (if that makes any sense). Plus that style is just more fun to draw.

Dragonfly - thanks for posting about Supers! we don't have the "names" behind our little supers game, but I for one think it is superior in everyway to its two or three other supers lite competitors. Also thanks for the words about my illustrations I am glad you enjoyed them and even though I didn't know it at the time, I drew them for you!

look for Public Domain Supers! #5 Sunday or Monday!! (Ill post here too)

d

Downloads
    Uploads
    Darrell,

Let me chime in with others about enjoying Public Domain Supers. I'm a fan of Golden Age heroes, so seeing them released for a game is really cool.

I did notice in the clip art packs that some characters are missing color pieces (Black Cobra, Kid Cobra, Captain battle, Bulletman/Bulletgirl and Black Kitten are the ones I noticed most), and was wondering why that was? You include B&W copies of them, but not color ones.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more though, so keep up the good work!
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustland View Post
    Dragonfly, can you give me the link to the Supers! thread at rpg.net?
    Sure thing, Dustland! This will take you to the original post by CG7: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...r-folks-to-use!

I'm aiming to keep it on the first page of the Tabletop Roleplaying Open at all times. It's generating some interest too, methinks. I don't know if it's NEW interest, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Public Domain Supers #5 is out!! In this issue you get the following heroes:

Golden Arrow, Golden Archer, Ghost (Lev Gleason), Ghost (Nedor), Ghost of Flanders, Golden Girl, Golden Eagle, Ghost Woman, Golden Knight, and Green Ghost.

Purchase this issue at RPGnow for 0.99.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any plans to do Stardust the Space Wizard or Fantomah (original Fletcher Hanks version)? I know, trick question.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can add them to my list, by the way if ANYONE has ANY suggestions for public domain supers, list them here and I will get them included!

thanks
    darrel

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fmitchell View Post
    Any plans to do Stardust the Space Wizard or Fantomah (original Fletcher Hanks version)? I know, trick question.
    Quote Originally Posted by damiller View Post
    I can add them to my list
    I wasn't really serious. Many of Fletcher Hanks's characters had unlimited powers, which they invariably used for brutal and grotesque punishments for sometimes petty crimes. Granted, Leopard Women of Venus for QAGS wrote up both Stardust and Fantomah, although I can't imagine actually rolling dice for either one. They're pretty much Dei Ex Machina with a side order of natural disaster.
    Last edited by fmitchell; 02-29-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    - Charles Babbage (1791 - 1871)

Downloads
    Uploads
    well for one, how about Eagle's sidekick Buddy?

Others: The Australian Cat-Man, Airmale, Airman, Eaglet (American Eagle's sidekick), Atlas (I.W. Publishing), Owl (Dell)/Owlgirl, & Black Owl

Villains: Black Puma, Baron Doom. Captain Nippon
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    urbwar - When I first released some of the free supers! clip art, I decided to just release the black and white versions, but as I progressed in the line I decided to give away both color and b&w. Finally i was tired of the "work" required to split them up so from now on you will get all 10 supers, both color and b&w for only 0.99. Basically what you paid to get them all any way before, now just one package.

AND on that note!! PUBLIC DOMAIN SUPERS! 6 is out,

grab it here for only 0.99

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. Keep 'em coming Darrel!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast