Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Thor vs Megalon... what? Really?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thor vs Megalon... what? Really?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I see several of my BASH friends are already here playing around with SUPERS! Hi to all!

The following is a blow-by-blow log of an epic battle using SUPERS! (which is fairly new to me...). I used Dragonfly's stats for Thor and I did my own ratings for Megalon - a foe of Godzilla.

Thor vs Megalon

After weeks travelling the 9 realms, Thor arrived back in Midgard to find the human realm under siege. Gargantuan beasts - called Kaiju - had risen in a coordinated effort to destroy Earth's major cities. Thor fought alongside the Avengers in the defense of New York. Although he was accustomed to battling giant beasts in other realms, these monsters were true titans that could decimate an entire city...

On this day he was over Europe trying to track an unnatural line of earthquakes projected to hit Prague, Berlin, and Copenhagen. Flying at nearly top-speed he was just able to keep pace with the leading edge of the shockwave. Under a massive railyard in the heart of Prague, the rumbling ceased. The whole city seemed to hold it's breath for a long, eery minute. Then a new quake began, growing more intense, until a massive insectoid erupted from the ground, tossing railcars through the air. It had a strange horn, two spikes for hands, and a thick protective shell. Megalon had come to destroy Prague!

Without hesitation, Thor charged from the sky, hammer-first!

Reaction: Megalon 10, Thor 3
    To Thor's surprise, Megalon spotted him and fired blast of energy from his horn!
    Megalon attack: Energy Blast 24 vs Asgardian invulnerabilty 25. Thor weathered the blast and kept coming!
    Thor attack: Mjolnir 41! vs armor 28. Megalon took a huge shot to the head and stumbled! (1 pt Will damage)

Reaction: Thor 8, Megalon 4
    Thor attack: Mjolnir 31 vs armor 21. Another hammer blow to the head! (1 pt Fortitude damage)
    Megalon attack: Claws 23 vs invulnerability 22. Thor swapped out of the air. He crashed into an office building hundreds of yards away! (1 pt Composure damage)

Reaction: Thor 8, Megalon 4
    Thor attack: Weather control 23 vs armor 20. Thor called down a lightning strike! (1pt Will)
    Megalon attack: Fireball 20 vs 10 (invulnerability) Ouch! Thor was caught by surprise when the advancing beast spat a fireball from its mouth! (1 pt Composure, 1 pt Fortitude)

Reaction: Megalon 4, Thor 3
    Megalon: Super Leap 26 vs Super Strength 33. Wow! Thor braced himself and shook off the massive crushing blow!
    Thor: Mjolnir 34 vs 31 (armor) A hammer shot to the leg knocked Megalon down! (1pt Fortitude)

Reaction: Megalon (Burrowing) 21 vs 9! Megalon burrowed into the ground, leaving Thor guessing!
    Megalon: Drill claws 20 vs Flight 15. As Thor took off, Megalon erupted from the ground bashing him with his spinning claws! (1 pt Fortitude)
    Thor: Hammer throw 35 vs armor 23. Megalon took a flying hammer to the chest! (1pt Will)

Reaction: Megalon (flight) 15 vs 9 (flight) Another surprise for Thor when Megalon lifted off!
    Megalon: Energy blast 21 vs invulnerability 17. Thor got roasted a bit! (1pt Fortitude)
    Thor: Super Strength 29 vs 20 Burrowing. Thor grabbed Megalon's horn and redirected the beast to the ground! (1pt Fortitude) But Megalon drilled beneath the surface with the momentum, reducing the damage.

Reaction: Megalon (burrowing) 18, Thor (flight) 10
    Megalon: Super leap attack 22 vs Super Strength 35. Megalon erupted from the ground and leaped into the air, but Thor braced for it and met him in the air, stopping his momentum!
    Thor: Hammer time! 48 vs 30 armor. A massive blow sent Megalon sprawling, taking out several buildings! (1 pt Fortitude)

Reaction: Thor 12, Megalon 4
    Thor: Uppercut with the Mjolnir 37 vs 27 armor. As Megalon climbed to his feet another hammer blow knocked him backwards
    Megalon: Claw 22 vs 19 invulnerability. Thor took another titanic shot from Megalon's claw! (1pt Fortitude) He is knocked back into the 12th floor of an office building.

Reaction: Megalon 4, Thor 2
    Megalon: Energy blast 30 vs 24 invulnerability. Megalon presses the attack with a blast from his peculiar horn that rips through the building. (1pt Composure) Thor emerged from the wreckage, his cape and hair smoking…
    Thor: Hammer (full attack) 37 vs 39 armor. Thor threw Mjolnir, but Megalon turned away and it deflected off his heavily armored back!

Reaction: Megalon 11, Thor 5
    Megalon: Presence 14 (intimidation) vs 15 (Presence). Megalon unleashed a deafening roar. Thor wasn't that impressed.
    Thor: Super Strength 22 vs 22 Claws. Thor grabbed a large section of the collapsing building and threw it, but Megalon swatted it out of the air!

Reaction: Thor 6, Megalon 2
    Thor: Hammer (full attack) 34 vs 16 armor. Thor charged and hammered the beast in the head! Megalon fell and burrowed down again.
    Megalon: Burrow 27 vs 23 invulnerability. Megalon opened a hole underneath Thor and pulled him down! (1pt Will)

Reaction: Megalon 18 (burrowing), Thor 6
    Megalon: Drill claws 25 vs 24 invulnerability. Megalon drilled Thor into the bedrock! Ouch! (1pt Fortitude)
    Thor: Super Strength 22 vs 19. In the dark cramped conditions, Thor leveraged the ceiling of the tunnel and used his legs to drive Megalon's face into the floor! (1 pt Fortitude)

Reaction: Megalon 16 (burrowing) Thor 9
    Megalon: Drill claws (full attack) 38 vs 27 invulnerability. Megalon reached up carved out a section of rock that caved-in on Thor! (1 pt Composure) A grimy angry Thor climbs out from the rock pile…
    Thor: Hammer 34 vs 20 armor. An upward arcing shot connect with Megalon's face… On the surface, the ground buckled as if an underground detonation had been set off and Megalon's horn punched through, knocking over a bus. (1 pt Reaction) Megalon was groggy from the shot and tried to shake his horn loose.

Reaction: Thor 5, Megalon 2
    Thor: Full Attack, hammer 40 vs 36 armor + Full Defense. Thor got free from the tunnel and attacked with a furious series of hammer shots. Megalon torqued and thrashed as the surface gave way and then with a final blow, the behemoth fell silent.

Thor stopped Megalon in Prague!

---------------------------------------------------

This was quite a fight! Thor only had a couple points of Fortitude left. Megalon proved to be a versatile combatant, but in the end, Thor's hammer was just too much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jukeboxer,

First off, welcome to the forum!

Second, awesome play by play writeup! That was fantastic! Simon, you should turn that into an example of play file (just change the names of the characters to say Thunder God and Kaiju Bug or something), and make it available for download for people who don't get the comabt system. At least, i think you should
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Jukeboxer!

And I agree with what Dragonfly said, though I have a couple of questions;

1] You can use powers for initiative? I did not know that.

2] You used Thor's Invulnerability a lot, but I thought those only had specific uses against one thing? Please explain or enlighten me

Otherwise awesome stuff!
    --
    -=-=-=-=
    "The English language is the product of Norman invaders attempting to pick up Anglo-Saxon women. The resulting language is about as legitimate as the resulting offspring." — From the Internet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Collas View Post
    Hey Jukeboxer!

Dragonfly? I don't see any wings on my back
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's some creative interpretations of the rules going on , but this was a fantastic blow-by-blow write up. Fun read, thanks for posting it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Thanks for the welcome and the comments! That battle log would need to be tidied-up a bit to make a good example of play.

Hey Jukeboxer!

1] You can use powers for initiative? I did not know that.

2] You used Thor's Invulnerability a lot, but I thought those only had specific uses against one thing? Please explain or enlighten me

Otherwise awesome stuff!
    Addressing Andrew's point:

1. By the book, you can use super-speed, soooooo, since Megalon & Thor both had super-speed boosts for flight or burrowing, I decided they could use those powers as reactions if it was appropriate. A loose interpretation, yes, but I think it fits the spirit of the rules.

2. I used the term "Invulnerability", but yes, the actual power was armor. Thor does have an invulnerability power too, but it didn't come into play this time.

I hope to do more battle logs, so I'll be accurate with game terms next time. Fun stuff!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please note Texas is well represented in the Supers! community I used to live in Denton Juke! I need to find some Austin/San Marcos victims to play Supers with...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukeboxer View Post

1. By the book, you can use super-speed, soooooo, since Megalon & Thor both had super-speed boosts for flight or burrowing, I decided they could use those powers as reactions if it was appropriate. A loose interpretation, yes, but I think it fits the spirit of the rules.
    Sounds good to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustland View Post
    Please note Texas is well represented in the Supers! community I used to live in Denton Juke! I need to find some Austin/San Marcos victims to play Supers with...
    Hey Dustland, there have to be some superhero gamers down there in Austin! Keep looking! Hey, I noticed some of your recent art work, Nice job! What is your rate for a character commission? I have an old M&M character that I will soon stat-out for SUPERS and he needs a good portrait.

By the way... character sheets for Megalon and Thor are posted here. (I hope that link worked!)

@ Dragonfly, I used your ratings for Cap and Thor and credited you. If that's not OK, let me know. I also disclaimed that this is just fan-made, unofficial stuff...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Urbwar, my bad :P

You two do cross my paths almost daily though

I love everything about using the super-speed boost thing! One question, if it get's used for Initiative does the mean it can't be used to defend or attack?
    --
    -=-=-=-=
    "The English language is the product of Norman invaders attempting to pick up Anglo-Saxon women. The resulting language is about as legitimate as the resulting offspring." — From the Internet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love everything about using the super-speed boost thing! One question, if it get's used for Initiative does the mean it can't be used to defend or attack?
    Yes, that's how I ran it. It makes for another interesting choice each round and spices up one-on-one battles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jukeboxer! That was SO MUCH FUN TO READ! I had a BIG smile on my face when I was done! I'm honored that you used my superhero builds, and I love what you did with Megalon!

Well done, sir!

Cheers!

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Jukeboxer! That was SO MUCH FUN TO READ! I had a BIG smile on my face when I was done! I'm honored that you used my superhero builds, and I love what you did with Megalon!
    Thanks Dragonfly! It is fun to share silly stuff like this when you know other gamers are enjoying it. I am totally on board with your Marvel builds, so you can bet they will be featured in upcoming battle logs! If you have any advice or recommendation on any of my builds, let me know.