Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, OoC Questions, Concerns, Comments

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    why am I getting a 0 when I try my attack roll?

Edit: Ok, tried it again during an edit, and actually got a roll.
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    TY for the comment, Dustland.....I was pretty sure that as long as the fire was normal (as opposed to generated by a super) Elemental Form allows him to avoid all damage from it. So it seemed the logical thing to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Considering the nature of the game, as long as the action makes some amount of sense from a comic book physics standpoint, I'm good with it. The more inventive/less obvious the better imo!

I figure in a situation like that, had Pyrebird taken damage, it would've been because he wasn't able to change forms fast enough.
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-12-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since Pyrebird is still in fire form and this is a normal (albeit hot) fire I would think he would still be immune to it, if I am reading correctly...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Works for me since I described the attack as simply flames, and not debris and whatnot coming at him. I'll complete Andromeda's action and move us to Round 3 this afternoon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the dice roller doesn't like Pyrebird, average on 4d6 is 14 and he has thrown below that for all three of his attempts......*glares at the dice roller*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shhh, it can hear you...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for interrupting your OOC thread but I just wanted to say that I've been following the game and really enjoying reading it! Excellent work, Dustland and everyone! Great pace and awesome start. Throwing them right into some super-heroic action was perfect! I might not have been able to commit to running the game but I will certainly continue following the action. Perhaps in the near future I'll start a game of my own as things are beginning to settle down for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool to hear from you Toric! Count me in if you decide to run something!

Cheers!

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Toric. Honestiago is the one who taught me to open with a fight (or get to it as soon as possible). It helps to grab everyone's attention when otherwise half the group isn't paying attention and misses the entire plot setup! Also the pbp format can get very tedious if it allowed to turn into weeks of dialogue (I'm not opposed to character dialogue or interactions in this game fyi) so I try to push things forward once I have an idea of what everyone is wanting to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible to do an "All Out Attack" on the flames, getting an extra D6 to his Elemental Control? Maybe he ends up losing his Elemental Form due to the intense concentration, making it possible he could be hurt by the flames if things go poorly. Thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be good with that option, you gain the bonus die but are subject to an attack that you're otherwise immune to.

Also if you guys want to you can use the optional Assist action:
    On your turn, you assist another character take their action by rolling an appropriate aptitude or power; for every 6 points you roll you add +1d6 to the other person's action, which must take place that same round. Not sure it'd really help in this particular scene, but it's an option!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What if I wanted to use light control to create a funnel, so pyrebird could suck the flames towards him, helping him extinguish it faster? I don't want to get too GL like, and try and create a giant fan out of light in an attempt to blow the flames out.
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good to me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to hold off on the game until tonight (Sunday) or Monday to give everyone a chance to read and decide on the plan of action for Round 4

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast