Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistorybit in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: pnpg_dicehistory in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
[Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, OoC Questions, Concerns, Comments
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, OoC Questions, Concerns, Comments

Downloads
    Uploads

[Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, OoC Questions, Concerns, Comments

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Out of Character thread. Any questions not asked by your character go here! Also concerns, comments, and heapings of praise go here too

Also, could someone post the format for rolling dice in this thread too please? Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and my apologies, totally forgot about starting up the pbp Sunday!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you want us to put our character write-ups in here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be convenient!

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, here he is again:

Pyrebird (Male, Age 22 <over 4000>, 5'11" tall, Egyptian)

Comp: 3D
    Fort: 2D
    Reac: 3D
    Will: 3D

Aptitudes: Academia 3D
    Technology 3D
    (all others not listed at 1D)

Powers: Elemental Control 5D (Fire) <Increased using one Comp die>
    Elemental Form 3D (Fire) <Includes bonus die from Elemental Control>
    Super Brain 3D
    Wizardry 3D (Psionic; often uses Armor or Flight, Power Boost: 2 Effects active) <Added Boost using one Comp die>

Ads/Disads: Longevity (Ad)
    Mute (Disad)
    Outsider (Other time, Disad)

Background: Although he appears to be about 22 years of age Pyrebird is actually over 4000 years old. Born in ancient Egypt during the age of the pharaohs he and some others were taken by priests of Ra to a hidden temple deep in the mountains. It was there that he was to meet Ra, god of the sun. Unbeknownst to the Egyptians Ra was not a god but an alien being of vast intellect and technology. Ra had taken it into his mind to experiment on humans to see if he could improve them beyond the average person. Using his vast knowledge and technology he worked to alter the minds and genetic make-up of those he worked on, most of whom died horrific deaths as the experiments went awry.

Pyrebird was one of only a small handful of survivors and Ra's experiments left their mark upon his mind, body, and spirit. He was reborn as Ramesses, literally the son of Ra. His mind and body were augmented beyond the ken of mortals and strange powers were unlocked within him as a result. He had powers to manipulate fire and heat as well as the ability to use his mind to manifest alterations of reality (some might call it magic). His intellect and his reflexes were significantly increased as well. Ra was pleased with his creation.

Ra had technology that allowed him to look into the future and he saw the possible havoc that will be wrought by man against man. Wishing to preserve the planet as a place for his experiments he decided to place Ramesses into stasis, to await the time in the future when he is needed. Not wanting his son to speak in the tongue of mortals he removed his voicebox, teaching him to communicate via the flames he can generate and control. Ramesses was placed in a special sarcophagus and put into stasis. He was connected to advanced technological marvels that would allow him to view and learn from all the world as millenia passed. Ramesses was also tied into a collective subconscious, an Akashic library in another dimension that contained all knowledge past, present, and future of mankind. He was sealed into a pyramid deep in the mountains.

Ramesses's physical body slept for millenia while his mind wandered the world taking in knowledge both of the world and of humanity. Finally, some 4000 years in the future from when he was entombed some archaeologists found Ra's hidden temple in the mountains of Egypt. The pyramind was also found and they broke into it as so many others over the years. They found the wondrous sarcophagus but unfortunately the advanced alien technology was smashed beyond repair. Rising from the ruins of the sarcophagus Ramesses finally rejoined humanity. Invoking wings of flame he flew from the ruins and into the world of the future.

Ramesses made his way to America as it seemed that would be the best place for him to not only blend in with others but to be a place from which he would decide how to use his gifts. He took for himself a human name and guise for his alter ego, and also gave himself a new name; Pyrebird. Eventually he decided to use his gifts to try and alleviate at least some of the strife and suffering perpetuated by man upon his fellow man. The time of Pyrebird had arrived...

(Yes, he *is* mute but he uses his Elemental Control to write words in fire in the air)
    Last edited by Xhaosdaemon; 08-29-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragster, per the rulebook.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to make one small edit to Glare, so I'll post him once I do that.

Edit: Here he is!

Last edited by urbwar; 08-08-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So some quick questions about Wizardry, seeing that it can be a universal power. Pyrebird's psionic "spells" allow him to do many things but can he only do one at a time? For example, I am going to have him put a "forcefield" around Laguna to protect him (3D). Would he also be able to bring into effect Flight at 2D or 3D? Also how long would a psionic "spell" last? I know it is pretty open-ended which is why I want to work out any individual GM's parameters ahead of time, especially since there is nothing specifying how many Wizardry effects can be in play at once or how long they last.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wizardry is fairly open to interpretation. Here's how I'd prefer to handle it:

1) You can only have one power up at a time. I would allow you to purchase for 1D the ability to have an additional power up (or for 2D 3 powers active, etc...effectively a power boost, Improved Concentration). If you want to adjust your character to do that, that's fine.

2) You can activate and use a power with Wizardry the same round, though only one power activated per round. So if you can use two powers at a time, it would take two rounds to activate them both.

3) Duration of the power is to the end of the scene, whenever that is appropriate (or when the character stops concentrating on the power). There's three definite scenes in this game, so shouldn't be too hard to adjudicate.

If that seems fair to everyone, let's go with that. If anyone has a concern or comment, please speak up!

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK that seems reasonable. Now, if I have one effect going (say Flight to get to Laguna), can I use Wizardry to conjure a Forcefield which would promptly end Flight? I have not immediately decided if I want to rearrange my character to get that 1D to use two powers. I was thinking about adding a complication to something but not sure what. I mean I could add Side Effect to Elemental Form but always risking setting nearby things on fire is pretty hefty for a 1D boost somewhere.

Also, how are we doing dice rolls for the game? I have to bring up Flight to be able to use it so I have to roll.
    Last edited by Xhaosdaemon; 08-08-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now, if I have one effect going (say Flight to get to Laguna), can I use Wizardry to conjure a Forcefield which would promptly end Flight?
    Yep, the first effect turns "off" as soon as the new effect kicks in. Fortunately you can move first (land) then attempt to create the forcefield in the same round.

I'm hoping someone can repost the code for rolling dice again. It's in another thread, but I couldn't find it earlier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys,

Here is the code:

BRACKETroll=CLOSE BRACKET Xd6 Statement of Action BRACKETforward-slash roll CLOSE BRACKET

* Striking with Sabre *

* Defending with Sabre *
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 08-09-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Dragonfly
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Attack *
    Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    * 5d6 Attack *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-09-2012 07:46 PM
    5d6 Attack : (0)
    Dragonfly

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast