Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, IC

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

[Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, IC

You are Liberty Force, recruited by the Liberty City Police Department to act as its super-powered special response team a little over a year ago. Things have been quiet though, too quiet, agonizingly quiet in fact...you're bored. The papers have begun to turn on the Chief and the Mayor for wasting tax payer money on an unnecessary super-squad.

Things began to change a few weeks ago. People in LC's underworld began to get pounded, smooshed remains have been turning up all over. Something big, strong, and ruthless has begun to move on the criminal underground. It has become obvious that someone is brutaly crafting a criminal kingdom at the expense of the various crime families that have long operated in the city. The Chief wants a name, the Mayor wants the killings to stop, and the press, well, the press is thriving on the chaos and carnage on account of all the papers they're selling.

The Chief calls you in one afternoon, along with a small crowd of detectives and cops. Chomping on a cigar, he begins. "Gentlemen, it's time to earn your keep. As you all know, something's going down, a super's been making a mess of the various families around town. Haven't been able to get a name on the perp though. Everyone's scared." His staccato speech is accented by a puff on his cigar before he continues.

"Got a call today. Fella named Benito Laguna wants to come in. Wants to talk. Might be the break we need. Only problem is, he says he's scared, thinks people are on to him. Thinks he'll get whacked and soon. Mr Laguna says he'll come in IF I send Liberty Force to protect him. So, go to 123 4th Street and extract Mr Laguna. Here's his contact number, " he writes a phone number on the board. "He said to call when you get to the apartment at the address and he'd tell you where he is excactly. Bring him back safe and sound. Unmarked cars will set up perimeter two blocks out in case things go south. No mistakes. Any questions?"

If you have an aptitude or power that you think might be useful here, or at any point in the game, go ahead and describe what you're doing and make the roll so we don't have to have multiple posts to cover an action (in other words don't ask first, wait for reply, then roll the action). If it's not appropriate, I'll let you know, but I'm pretty open to ideas!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pyrebird's brow furrows in concentration then he gestures and words of flame appear above his hand; "If we can get to him, I should be able to extend my gifts to provide a force bubble for him. That should make him feel safer." He looks around at his still-new companions to see what thoughts they have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragster, normally known for acting alone, suggests going ahead at speed to check out the address. Pre-empting the others' reactions to this idea, he says he won't do anything until the others get there, he just wants to have a quick run around the block to see what's what.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glare looks over at Dragster, and nods his head in agreement. "That sounds like a good idea Dragster. You can zip in and out of the area, and let us know if it's a trap or not. Once you've scouted things out, Pyrebird and I can take positions in the air, while the rest of the team moves in to secure Laguna for transport. If we stay high enough, it shouldn't give the rest of you away. How does that sound?"
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    "The plan, I believe, is sound," says Andromeda, with a pensive look on her face. Then, addressing Glare, she asks, "Do you, however, think that Pyrebird should join the extraction team rather than provide air support? I say this only because he can, as he says, 'extend his gifts' to Benito Laguna. Another thing to consider is the means by which we will transport him once we have him secured. Will you fly him out yourself, Pyrebird? That might be best."

"As for me, I am happy to werve in whatever capacity I am needed. I submit, however, that my talents would best serve the extraction team."
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glare turned to face Andromeda. "You have a point Andromeda. I'm just concerned Laguna might freak being surrounded by Pyrebird's protective flame. Guys like him aren't used to that, so we should prepare him for that before letting Pyrebird do his thing"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pyrebird smiles at Glare and flaming words appear briefly above his hand, clarifying his earlier statement; "While you are correct that flames would be frightening to someone I was actually going to use my mental talents to bring into being a globe of psychic force to surround Laguna."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having been given what he regards as the go ahead and not being one to hang around, Dragster jumps up and speeds out of the room with a "See you guys when you catch up!" He heads for 123 4th Street, at speed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As the other members of Liberty Force nail down a strategy, Dragster suddenly jumps from his seat and zips out of the room, the gust of wind from his quick passage throws loose papers into the air and snuffs out the Chief's cigar. He turns to face Dragster to berate him but the door's already closed and the super's three blocks away before he can. He snarls and relights his cigar...

Dragster: At 1200mph, it doesn't take you long to reach 123 4th Street. It's a three story, poorly maintaned apartment building, easily a hundred years old, flanked on either side by equally old and delapidated buildings. Numerous people are milling about on the street, standing on corners, or crouched in doorways. This is a poor area of town known for its rough character. No one seems to pay you much attention, and while you suspect drug dealers and prostitutes can be found aplenty, there's nothing going on to raise your alarm outside of the building on first inspection.

Liberty Force has access to unmarked police cars if they need a ride to the apartment.

Dragster can make a power or aptitude roll to see if he can spot anything suspicious, but the longer he darts around the area, the more likely someone is to notice...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustland View Post
    Dragster: At 1200mph...
    And at 1600mph he gets there even quicker!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustland View Post
    Dragster can make a power or aptitude roll to see if he can spot anything suspicious, but the longer he darts around the area, the more likely someone is to notice...
    I rolled a 4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glare chuckles, his voice echoing inside his helmet. "I keep forgetting how versatile your powers are Pyrebird. Since we haven't had much action as a team, I should pay more attention to our roster files. I still think the two of us should cover the rest of the team from above, then once they secure Laguna, you can swoop in and throw your protective field around him. I'm fine with it either way, but having two of us in the air will allow us to cover the area from all sides better. Your call of course."

Downloads
    Uploads
    And at 1600mph he gets there even quicker!
    Doh!

Dragster: At first you don't notice anything, but you begin to realize people are clearing off the street. You catch a few muttered comments from the locals, "Ain't that one of them super-cops...What's he doin' down here bro, someone should teach him a lesson about pokin' around where cops ain't allowed...I'm outa here, it's starting to smell like bacon..."

Liberty Force: You all take to the air and begin making your way to 4th Street, staying high in the sky so as to not be too conspicuous.

I'm assuming Pyrebird, Andromeda, and Glare all fly there. If someone takes a car, just say so. Once you all hammer out your plan (if there's more to discuss) and contact Laguna via the phone number provided, I'll advance the scene.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Up on the rooftop of the police precinct.

"We'd better catch-up to Dragster," says Andromeda as she draws a metalic midnight blue and silver rod from a holster at her side. Responding to a few deft touches from Andromeda's fingers, the device hums with power. Red lights and dots begin to appear on its surface.

"I'm fine with Pyre joining you in the skies, if you believe that is the best course of action. I'll join Dragster in making contact with Benito Laguna." As she speaks, her body is enveloped in a harness that projects from the rod, by the time she is done speaking, the harness has spread wings. The effect is that of a one man flyer, with the rod serving as a steering mechanism.

With that, she smiles. "I'll meet you there." She jumps from the rooftop, as small jets engage - propelling her to the address.

As she flies to the site, Andromeda will call the phone number that Benito Laguna provided.
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pyrebird smiles and flaming words appear briefly above his hand; "I will fly in from above, that sounds reasonable. When things are reasonably secure I will descend and secure Laguna in a force bubble for transport." He concentrates for a few moments and wings of some unknown force appear from his back, looking and sounding like flames but giving off little heat. Pyrebird takes off at some speed in the direction of Laguna.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glare actives his suit's anti-gravity controls, and lifts off into the sky, following Andromeda & Pyrebird as the head to rendezvous with Dragster

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast