Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 123

  Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, IC

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Andromeda: Burnt and limping, you cut your way into the adjacent unit. The smoke makes it hard to see and your wounds are nagging and distracting. Just as you are certain the room is empty you trip over something, aggrevating your already throbbing ankle.

    On the ground next to you is a severly burned man, a phone clutched in his hand. You call to him but get nothing but moans in response. You pull the cell phone from his hand and look at his recent calls; the last one is from you!

    End of Round 2:
    Glare
    and Dragster have the suspect in custody and a name...Stripe.
    Pyrebird is still battling the flames, but for now at least, they are once again out of his control and have now overtaken the entire building! (Hazard Fire 4d)
    Andromeda, singed and hurting, appears to have located Benito Laguna in one of the units.

    Round 3:
    Dragster Note, the police will have arrived so you can leave your supsect in their custody if you want to fight the fire and/or help with extracting Mr Laguna.
    Glare
    Pyrebird
    Fire!
    Andromeda
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Glevum
    Posts
    496
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    3
    Dragster leaves the perp with the cops and shouts to Glare "see you at the building"

    He'll run back to the building to see what's what and assess his best options

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dragster: You zip back to the building and are startled to find the fire that was initially confined to the third floor is now billowing out of the windows of all three floors! Pyrebird is hovering in his elemental form, appearing to be fighting a losing battle against the blaze while Andromeda is nowhere to be seen.

    A sizeable crowd has gathered to watch the action. Someone notices you and shouts, "Hey, cop, you gonna do somethin' man? That's my home burnin'!" A chorus of jeers and shouts follows, directed at you and Liberty Force in general...

    Dragster can still perform an action if he wishes.

    Glare can also reach the building and act in the same round as well.

    So Dragster and Glare are up!
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-14-2012 at 08:39 PM.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Glevum
    Posts
    496
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    3
    Since Dragster has nothing I can think of to actually fight the fire, Dragster will run around inside the building to see if there are any people trapped within that need rescuing. Dragster will resist with super speed.

    * Defence: Super Speed *
    Last edited by Simon W; 08-15-2012 at 01:08 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 01:05 AM
    Defence: Super Speed : 5d6 (2,2,3,6,5 = 18)

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gresham
    Posts
    227
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Glare flies back to the apartment building. Seeing the flames still going, he lands next to a fire hydrant, and focuses, attempting to create a firehose out of solid light...

    * create firehose out of solid light *


    Edit: I'm assuming I have to wait until next turn to start dousing the fire with water if successful.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 05:02 AM
    create firehose out of solid light : 4d6 (3,6,4,5 = 18)
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Dragster:
    You dart into the building, clearing the first floor in a matter of seconds. Fortunately it appears that everyone had enough time (and sense) to get out before the fire spread. You dodge a piece of the ceiling as it collapses in a fiery heap, then dart to the second floor via the central staircase.

    In one of the units an old woman is slumped in a wheelchair, purse clutched to her chest, a tv blaring loudly in the living room. Your heart stops for a moment, thinking she's fallen victim to the smoke...then you hear her snoring. She's slept through all the chaos!

    You scoop her up and rush out of the building to the cheers of the onlookers!
    * Running through a burning building is hazardous to your health! *
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-15-2012 at 11:33 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 11:23 AM
    Running through a burning building is hazardous to your health!: 4d6 (1,5,4,2 = 12)

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Urbwar, no sense in making you wait until the next round to use the hose, I didn't do that with the net.

    Glare: You blast the cap off the firehydrant then guide the torrent of water into the building with a hose of solid light! The flames hiss and sputter as you begin your waterborne assault, but the fire rages on.

    Hazard (Fire) reduced to 3d.

    Pyrebird is up!

    * Fighting water with fire! *
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-15-2012 at 11:41 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 11:36 AM
    Fighting water with fire!: 4d6 (5,6,6,1 = 18)

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashua
    Posts
    69
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    2
    Hoping between Glare dousing the fire and his own powers to try and gather it in Pyrebird again stretches out, trying to drop the fire down to a more manageable level.

    * Elemental Control (Fire) to try and reduce the blaze. *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 06:50 PM
    Elemental Control (Fire) to try and reduce the blaze.: 4d6 (3,1,4,2 = 10)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * This fire has a mind all its own! *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 07:38 PM
    This fire has a mind all its own!: 3d6 (2,6,4 = 12)

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The fire doesn't respond to Pyrebird's command and continues to destroy the building. How long before it spreads to neighboring structures???

    Andromeda: You've found Benito Laguna, but you're still in the burning apartment building!

    * Will Andromeda fall victim to the raging fire? *


    Andromeda is next!

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-15-2012 07:42 PM
    Will [B]Andromeda [/B]fall victim to the raging fire?: 3d6 (5,1,1 = 7)

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    346
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Andromeda scoops up Benito Laguna, holding him in both her arms as gingerly as she can, given the situation. Ignoring the pain in her ankle, she jumps through the window and to the ground below.

    * Athleticism to avoid the licking flames *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-16-2012 05:31 PM
    Athleticism to avoid the licking flames : 3d6 (4,1,3 = 8)
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    The crowd cheers once again as Andromeda leaps through the shattered window with a badly burned man in her arms and lands with an effortless grace three stories down! The man is breathing shallowly and rapidly, writhing in pain from the burns that cover him from head to toe...

    End of Round 3:
    Glare
    and Dragster are at a virtual stalemate with the inferno but the battle rages on!
    Dragster has bumped up his hero creditionals by clearing the rest of the building and rescuing a little old lady from certain death!
    Andromeda has gotten Benito Laguna out of the burning building, but is it too late for the informant???

    Round 4 begins tomorrow!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Round 4:
    Dragster
    Glare
    Pyrebird
    Fire! (3d)
    Andromeda

    The mood of the crowd has definitely swung in Liberty Force's favor as Dragster rescues the little old lady and Andromeda leaps from the third floor with another victim in her arms. Unfortunately the fire is still raging! You all can hear the sirens of the fire trucks in the distance, but they're still a few minutes away and the neighboring buildings are beginning to smoulder!

    Dragster's up!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Glevum
    Posts
    496
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    3
    Not being entirely sure what he can do at this point, Dragster shouts out to the rest of the guys if they need a hand with anything.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gresham
    Posts
    227
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Glare, realizing the water from the hydrant isn't enough, comes up with an idea. Over the team's communicator, he relays to the team: "Got an idea guys. I'm going to create a funnel out of light. I'm thinking if Dragster can run through the building fast enough, the flames will follow in his wake. He can through into the funnel, with Pyrebird waiting inside. As he runs past Pyre, he'll try to absorb the flames. Being inside the funnel, even if he doesn't get it all, it should hopefully be more contained. You guys in?"

    (at this point, Glare is going to hold his action, so we can try and coordinate if everyone else wants to give this a go)
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •