Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123

  Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Supers!] Liberty Force pbp, IC

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Dragster: You're a bit uneasy as the streets begin to clear. You receive a text (because 21st Century supers carry cellphones, right?) saying the rest of LF is on the way. A few moments later you see the three flying supers appear high in the sky. Two remain aloft (Pyrebird and Glare) while the third, Andromeda on her flying hovercyclethingy, descends and lands near you.

    Liberty Force: Everyone in place, Andromeda makes the call to Mr Laguna as she and Dragster stand across the street from the apartment building. Everyone can hear the phone call (conference calling...)

    L:"Yah?"
    A:"Benito Laguna, this is Andromeda of Liberty Force, I'm here to escort you to the police station."
    L:"It's about d*&n time! You know, this ain't no joke lady. People's gunnin' for me, you see? Bad thing's is gonna happen..."
    A:"Benito Laguna, please, tell me what apartment you're in so we can get you out of here quickly and safely. Trust me, no one wants to mess with the amount of firepower we have on hand to protect you."
    L: He's quiet for a moment,"Yah, ok, I'm on the third floor, apartment number..."

    Whoomp...bang!

    A flash of light from all the third floor windows and a muffled sound draws your attention upwards, followed by a tremendous BOOM! as the windows explode, blown out by a wall of fire!

    A:"Sir, Benito Laguna, can you hear me? Are you all right?"

    Moaning noises are the only response then the signal is lost...

    ...meanwhile...

    Amid the chaos, a brown sedan suddenly peels out of a parking spot a hundred yards away from Dragster and Andromeda, nearly running over gawking onlookers, then speeds off into the city!

    Everyone roll initiative!

    The situation:
    1) Mr Laguna sounded as though he was still alive, presumably on the third floor of the apartment building.
    2) The entire third floor of the apartment building is ablaze; given the state of the structure, you all figure the fire will quickly spread downstairs and potentially to neighboring structures. The fire is a Hazard(fire) 3D (and could grow!). Anyone entering the structure to fight the fire OR rescue Laguna will be subject to the fire's attack.
    3) Who was in the car that just sped away???
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-11-2012 at 03:31 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashua
    Posts
    69
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    2
    Pyrebird flies in towards the flames, arms spread wide he looks almost as if he plans on gathering the fire to himself.

    * Initiative Roll (Reaction 3D) *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-11-2012 11:37 AM
    Initiative Roll (Reaction 3D): 3d6 (1,6,5 = 12)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gresham
    Posts
    227
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Seeing Pyrebird head towards the fire, Glare turns to follow the car. "Ok team. I'm headed after the car, while Pyrebird is heading in to deal with the fire. Dragster, unless you want to help Pyrebird, I could use your help keeping tabs on this car"

    *Initiative Roll (Reaction 3D)*

    * Initiative *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-11-2012 12:48 PM
    Initiative : 3d6 (5,6,2 = 13)
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Glevum
    Posts
    496
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by urbwar View Post
    Seeing Pyrebird head towards the fire, Glare turns to follow the car. "Ok team. I'm headed after the car, while Pyrebird is heading in to deal with the fire. Dragster, unless you want to help Pyrebird, I could use your help keeping tabs on this car"
    "I'm on it."

    Dragster goes after the disappearing vehicle at full speed.

    Initiative (reaction 5D) = 18

    (I used the D&D online dice rolller - Just how do you use the dice roller you guys are using?)
    Last edited by Simon W; 08-11-2012 at 01:09 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Check out the last post in the OoC thread, page two. I posted it in big red letters

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    346
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Confident that Glare and Dragster can catch the car, and figuring that Pyrebird will handle the flames, Andromeda changes the setting on her hald-held device to sabre mode and Super Leaps to the third story windows, aiming for those most in-line-of-sight from where the brown sedan was parked. Landing, she'll call out, "Benito Laguna? BENITO LAGUNA!"

    * Initiative *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-11-2012 02:14 PM
    Initiative : 3d6 (1,2,6 = 9)
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    DF, roll 2d6...there's 12 units per floor, so if you roll a 12, you happen to land in Benito Laguna's apartment, on your turn of course!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Fire's initiative *


    * Fleeing car's initiative *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-11-2012 05:29 PM
    Fire's initiative: 3d6 (2,4,6 = 12)
    Fleeing car's initiative: 2d6 (4,2 = 6)

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Round 1!
    Dragster : 18
    Glare : 13
    Pyrebird : 12
    Fire in the apartment : 12
    Andromeda : 9 (remember to roll 2d6 to see if you enter Laguna's apartment, need a 12)
    Fleeing Car : 6

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    346
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Apartment # *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-11-2012 06:41 PM
    Apartment # : 2d6 (3,4 = 7)
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Glevum
    Posts
    496
    Downloads
    7
    Uploads
    3
    Dragster will get to the front of the speeding car and give it a burst of sound waves to slow it to a halt.

    Sonic Powers (4D) result = 11

    (PS I've figured the dice rolling code now, so I'll use it from here on in! )
    Last edited by Simon W; 08-12-2012 at 05:32 AM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Fleeing car tries to muscle through Dragster's sound waves! *


    Dragster: The super-pressured wave blows out the car's windows! As it swerves, jumps the curb, then regains control, you see there is a single occupant, a terrified looking driver who guns the gas and tries to outrun you!

    Fleeing car takes 1D damage!

    Glare is up!
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-12-2012 at 07:22 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-12-2012 07:20 AM
    Fleeing car tries to muscle through Dragster's sound waves!: 2d6 (2,4 = 6)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Gresham
    Posts
    227
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Seeing that the driver has no concern for the safety of people on the street, Glare channels his armor's light control, and creates a net of solid light in an attempt to stop the car.

    (As he is in the air, Glare will go full attack, giving him an extra 1D to his Light Control)

    * Light Control net *
    Last edited by urbwar; 08-12-2012 at 08:14 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-12-2012 08:07 AM
    urbwar rolls some dice: light control net 5d6 (0)
    08-12-2012 08:14 AM
    Light Control net : 5d6 (5,6,5,6,6 = 28)
    The Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kyle
    Posts
    278
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Fleeing car accelerates through Glare's light-net *


    Glare: Your armor molds the light into a net in front of the brown sedan. The driver tries to cut the wheel to avoid the trap, but the car slides sideways into your construct and is held firmly in place! The driver throws open the car door as though to flee, but Dragster darts into his path with breathtaking speed. Realizing his plan of escaping on foot is hopeless, he throws his hands in the air to surrender to you two.

    "Oh man, he's gonna break me! I'm dead, I'm so dead, didn't mean nothin' cops, just a job, I'm sorry..." the driver sobs as one of you slaps the cuffs on him.

    The fleeing car is successfully haulted and the driver captured! The apartment is still on fire (Hazard 3d) and Benito Laguna is somewhere inside.

    Pyrebird is next!
    Last edited by Dustland; 08-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-12-2012 09:40 AM
    Fleeing car accelerates through Glare's light-net: 1d6 (4)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashua
    Posts
    69
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    2
    Pyrebird flies down level to the third floor, hovering in the air. He concentrates briefly, stretching out his will and calling to the mass of fire,attempting to gather it all to one small location before him.

    * Elemental Control (Fire) to concentrate the flames in one location. *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    08-12-2012 10:26 AM
    Elemental Control (Fire) to concentrate the flames in one location.: 4d6 (3,4,3,1 = 11)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •