Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Supers! Praise From a Newcomer

Downloads
    Uploads

Supers! Praise From a Newcomer

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey guys, I am new to Supers! but I am a longtime rpg gamer. Most of my experience is GMing, but I have gotten to play in a game once every five years or so.

I just wanted to pop in and say that after searching for years for a superhero rpg to really hit the nail on the head and scratch the itch for me, I think Supers! is the one. I have run Heroes Unlimited, Mutants and Masterminds 2nd and 3rd, and Icons, while playing in Villains and Vigilantes and owning a dozen other games. While I love all those games for different reasons, Supers! really hits that Silver/Modern-Age-with-heart feel that I have been looking for. The ease of character creation and flexibility of powers without losing the feel of the genre are incredibly impressive to me (all GMs dabble in game theory and design on the side, much like how we are all frustrated would-be-authors ).

I know Simon frequents these boards so I just wanted to drop some praise for this oft-overlooked game.

Also I was curious if there was any interest in my posting of the Actual Play from my group's adventures? If so, I would be glad to repost everything here as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to have you on board!

And yes, I think quite a few of us (myself included) would like to check out your actual play post, I'm always interested to see what people do with this game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure thing, I would be glad to. I still need to finish writing up Issue #2, and some additional world info since a lot of it I just explained to the players at the table. The only downside is that we are only playing biweekly due to one of our player's work schedules. But hopefully it will provide people with inspiration, as a good GM must be not just a storyteller, but an expert thief of ideas.

I will probably post it over on RPG.net too, so that Supers! can get a bit of publicity (and not just Icons, though I do love that game too).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy Jive Professor!

It's always great to meet new converts to SUPERS!. Yes, please, treat us to your Actual Play! That would be awesome to see. It would be great if you could post over on rpg.net. Some of us have been working hard to get SUPERS! some more name recongition. It would be great to pool our efforts.

Do you know this thread? http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?...r-folks-to-use!

We kept it going for quite awhile, but things have dropped off. There is tons of good stuff in there. I want to try and revive it, or start another to keep people aware of the game.

Anyway, good to have you aboard.

Best,

Dragonfly
    Dragonfly
    Check out The Freedom Ring ...
    A superhero gaming supplement authored by yours truly and published by The Guys Ink.
    Purchase the SUPERS! version HERE!
    Purchase the BASH! version HERE!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always forget about that thread, thanks DF