Halo Legends: Combat Evolved (HALO PnP RPG)
This is where I am going to share an idea that most likely has been done before on various levels. I am designing and adapting the Halo Universe on a Pen and Paper RPG. I have made a Facebook group called Project Able. Currently still working on the rulebook and adding stuff to it. I still have a long way to go. Here's a taste!
Last edited by Hiroitchi; 07-09-2012 at 03:02 PM.
So far, I finished digitizing all, well alot of my notes, but I still have a long ways to go. Currently finsihed the Character Generation Overview and the basic professions of the Halo game. I might be able to finish it this week if there aren't any delays. Man its an endurance run.
Here is a slight tasty Preview of the First chapter and Cover of the Player's Handbook
Wow. I'm new to this site, and just browsing around, but I found this and had to comment. That's just amazing. I would love to be able to play a halo based rpg. The idea is just awesome. It's like star wars on crack lol.
thanks man, it still a work in progress. You can look for it on Facebook Groups called Halo Legends:Combat Evolved. Iam workin on the 3rd chapter out of 6 for the UNSC player's handbook. i'll post more pics
Originally Posted by Pyroalphamale
Thought I post these links in celebration of finishing Chapters 1-3 and now I'm working on Chapter 4. Still a work in progress.
Here's a section preview ladies and gents...
This section is divided into three primary categories each containing its own sub categories. They are as follows:
UNSC Equipment Overview
· Spartan Only Equipment
UNSC Vehicles Overview
· Vehicle Qualities
Within those sections all UNSC Assets follow the following basic rules.
· All UNSC Assets are subject to Experience Levels. The following are static and are gained automatically with each Experience Level unless otherwise affected by Talents, Traits, and or abilities.
· Weapon Proficiency will automatically increase to the next Experience Level Requirement for that item with each Experience Level Increase.
· If you do not have proficiency with the appropriate Experience Level you will incur a cumulative –10 Bonus Penalty for each Experience Level that the Character does not meet the requirement for.
· Any item containing Exotic identifier within its description, the Character must have the Exotic Weapon/Equipment proficiency Talent for that item.
· The Jamming/Miss Fire Rate for a weapon will incur an increase of 10 points when the Character does not have proficiency with the appropriate Experience Level Item.
· All UNSC Assets may be purchased through their Career path or otherwise noted by each individual Profession, Specialty, or ability.
· All UNSC equipment is subject to durability loss and must be maintained by the player.
· Any Character can use any type of Weapon/Equipment/Armor, but suffer negatives indicated by their appropriate descriptor.
· If there are any inquiries or special requests, they must be made through the Gamemaster, see the Gamemaster’s guide for details.
Weapons of Humanity
There is a plethora of weapons within the Humanity’s arsenal. There is so many weapons that if this book was filled with nothing but weapon description, there still not enough room. Therefore they will be saved for later supplements, much like the rest of the entries in this Handbook. Weapon Profiles use the following format.
· Name: What the weapon is called.
· Weapon Class: Describes the Experience Level Required to gain automatic Proficiency with the weapon.
· Type: Describes which type of weapon it is: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Heavy Weapons, Mounted.
Pistols: Pistols are weapons that can be used to make a Standard Attack while engaged in Close Combat. They fall in three Subcategories listed below:
1. Light: These weapons can be fired normally with one hand and can be dual wielded.
2. Heavy: These weapons can only be fired with two hands and cannot be dual wielded.
3. Submachine Gun: These weapons can only be fired with two hands, cannot be dual wielded, must brace prior to a standard attack otherwise incur a –10 Penalty to fire.
Rifles: Rifles are weapons that normally require two hands to wield and must brace prior to a standard attack otherwise incur a –10 Penalty to fire. Rifles fall into one of the three following categories:
1. Assault Rifles: These weapons can be fired normally without the need for Bracing when using the weapon under Semi-Auto setting.
2. Precision Rifles: Precision Rifles gain a +10 Bonus to a standard attack if Braced Action is taken.
3. Tactical Rifles: Tactical Rifles gain +10 Bonus to a standard Attack if Brace Action is taken and may fire normally without need for bracing when the weapon is using Semi-Auto Setting.
Shotguns: Shotguns always require bracing to fire the weapon otherwise incur a –20 Bonus Penalty and they fall under one of the three following categories:
If any of you are interested in seeing more, let me know the PDF is currently sitting at 59 pages....UNSC Player's Handbook
Last edited by Hiroitchi; 07-10-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Here is the link for a 65% Complete UNSC Player's Handbook. Enjoy and comment.
Here's the latest.. I added rules on Loadouts, changed the character sheet to reflect this as well as rules for some of the Armor systems. I haven't uploaded the rest of chapter 4 as RL is always a priority. Take a read and gander. As always enjoy and comment.
truckin alon just dandy..... yay!