Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Half-Orc Sorcerer needs help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Half-Orc Sorcerer needs help.

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    First time playing a caster, I would appreciate feedback on the spell choices I have made. I am a half-orc with the Draconic bloodline and am 7th level.

0th

Resistance
    Detect Magic
    Detect Poison
    Read Magic
    Light
    Disrupt Undead
    Mending

1st
    Comprehend Languages
    Ant Haul
    Enlarge Person
    Reduce Person
    Burning Hands
    Mage Armor (Bloodline Spell)

2nd
    Scorching Ray
    Rope Trick
    Web
    Resist Energy (Bloodline Spell)
    Flaming Sphere (Expanded Arcana)
    Invisibility (Expanded Arcana)

3rd
    Fireball
    Heroism
    Fly (Bloodline Spell)

Other things that may be useful to know

Feats
    Eschew Materials (Obviously)
    Improved Initiative (Bloodline Feat)
    Ironhide
    Dodge
    Pass for Human (This is for roleplay effect more than anything)
    Expanded Arcana
    Fiery Burst (which I'm beginning to think makes most of my flame spells other than fireball useless)
    (Empty Feat Slot)*My DM gave out flaws for feats. It may be broken but I will take being tone deaf and chattering in my sleep for two feats*

Also, I took my favored class options as +1/2 damage for fire spells. So basically all my fire spells do +3 damage. Next level they will do +4. Also I took Red Dragon so for each die rolled in a fire spell it deals an extra point of damage.

Thanks so much.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Overall, I think your spell selection is universally useful. The trickiest part of playing a sorcerer is the spell selection; since you don't learn new spells from scrolls, your choices have to be made with both the present situation and all future scenarios in mind.

With that said, enlarge person and reduce person are two selections that may not be as useful or helpful as other options that you have bypassed. While those two spells have their uses, spells such as ray of enfeeblement and magic missile are tough to ignore because the ray still does half damage on a successful saving throw while reducing the target's ability to hit with weapons and deal weapon-based damage and the missile is nearly guaranteed damage. However, if your two choices are part of a theme or character concept, I think they will serve you well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    pick up 1 level of Oracle, and take the flame mystery, pick the burning magic revelation, it will increase your fire spells in damage significantly