Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Where can I find some Supers! Actual play , podcast or report ? :)

Downloads
    Uploads

Where can I find some Supers! Actual play , podcast or report ? :)

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Howdy true believers
    The title is quite explicit!
    Where can I find some Supers! Actual play , podcast or report ?

Pretty please

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only "podcast" I have found is the youtube video review by Grubman.

Any mention of superhero rpgs I've heard on podcasts always mention the "usual supects" (Champions, M&M, Marvel Super Heroes, V&V, Bash, Icons Smallville etc) but Supers! never gats a look in. I'm not bitter or anything...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Grubman's review is inescapable

Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    Any mention of superhero rpgs I've heard on podcasts always mention the "usual supects" (Champions, M&M, Marvel Super Heroes, V&V, Bash, Icons Smallville etc) but Supers! never gats a look in. I'm not bitter or anything...
    Then, I guess we all know what we need to do!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the double post.
    By what about taking Dragonfly write up and run a one-shot Pbp Supers! game right here?

I'm already commited to a few pbp and about to move 600 miles to another city in a two weeks...
    This makes me a bad candidate as a Gm or a Pc.
    But with that much fans around I guess that'd be easy to start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Volsung View Post
    Sorry for the double post.
    By what about taking Dragonfly write up and run a one-shot Pbp Supers! game right here?

I'm already commited to a few pbp and about to move 600 miles to another city in a two weeks...
    This makes me a bad candidate as a Gm or a Pc.
    But with that much fans around I guess that'd be easy to start.
    Howdy folks!

I've been less vocal than usual recently because I'm feverishly working on my first rpg publication ever, and it's for SUPERS!

It's a modest little character book called The Freedom Ring, and will hopefully be out in the next month or so. Dustland is doing the art for it, and it's looking AWESOME! (The art, that is, I'll let other assess the actual product.)

Anyway, that has me a little tied-up in terms of running a PbP. I've also never run one, nor have I ever produced a podcast of any sort, so I don't know that I'm the best candidate. That being said, I'm willing to give it a shot sometime in July, if my schedule gets freed up a little.

Any thoughts on how we would go about this, IF we would go about this?

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know because I've never run a pbp either but I might be prepared to join in with a game of SUPERS! if someones going to give it a go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A game with Dragonfly and Mister W himself Sounds good^^

Oh, and Dragonfly you teamed up with good old Dustland? Nice

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragonfly will be running a supers game with us soon. Maybe he could record the results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Age Superhero View Post
    Dragonfly will be running a supers game with us soon. Maybe he could record the results.
    Do it! I had good result by using a phone^^ (with enough memory and battery) and Audacity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Volsung, howdy brother!

Are you wanting to see an actual play report to get a feel for the rules, or just for the joy of reading how a game went down?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W View Post
    I don't know because I've never run a pbp either but I might be prepared to join in with a game of SUPERS! if someones going to give it a go.
    Holy Hannah!

GMing SUPERS! for a group that includes Simon? That would be both fantastically cool and incredibly intimidating all at once!

Not saying I won't do it, but again - I'll have to wait and see how my schedule looks for July.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    You beat me to it, Dustland. I was gonna ask the same thing.

Given how easy the SUPERS! rules are to pick up, it seems to me that a podcast best serves the game by giving it some exposure. Such a podcast might also be useful, however, to demonstrate how the narrative aspects of the game can be implemented.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy GASuperhero,

I might be willing to type up our sessions. I've done that in the past for other campaigns, but find that I have little time for such things these days. A PbP might be easier to do because I could cut-and-paste and edit all the action as it appears on the forum.

We'll see.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustland View Post
    Volsung, howdy brother!

Are you wanting to see an actual play report to get a feel for the rules, or just for the joy of reading how a game went down?
    How do you do since that trip in Horizon city
    I do want to grasp the feel of the rules. But I also enjoy Actual play report. And above all, I love Actual play podcasts! (Such as the walking eye , the Jank cast or the Gutter skypes)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a newcomer here after stumbling across the site while looking for info on the Supers! game. I think the game is great, and I love the rules light nature of the game system. That is the thing that I have always disliked about superhero roleplaying. Most of the rulesets are too complex. Supers! hits a nice sweet spot for me in that regard. It is rules light but robust enough to cover almost any super heroic situation. I am running this game for my kids.

I'd love to run Supers! as a PbP game for anyone who wants to play. I guess I need to set a limit of how many players I think I can safely handle, which I think would be about six. I do have experience running PbP games and yes they are much slower than face to face games but they do allow for some decent character and plot development that sometimes doesn't happen or gets overlooked in face to face games.

As I have only discovered this site this afternoon, I haven't given much thought to what sort of adventure that I would run or anything at this point. Theme and feel would probably be four-color, silver-age style super heroics. For setting, I would likely use Supersville or Coastal City from Bad Sports and expand it as we go along. Specific adventures would likely be based on the sorts of characters that are present in the game and would be developed at least somewhat on the situations the players would like to deal with.

If anyone here is definitely onboard and wants to give this a shot, please reply and let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast