Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Look, it's a bird! It's a plane! You know what, ready the arrows.

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Look, it's a bird! It's a plane! You know what, ready the arrows.

So..would someone like Superman be considered powerful in a world like D&D's, where magic is so readily available? Where even even a level one Wizard can cut past his usual defenses with a Magic Missile or Burning Hands? We're talking technical terms here, pretend somebody actually made a Kryptonian Player Character.

Note now, responses of how 'such a thing wouldn't be allowed at my table' doesn't really answer the question, here. Just sayin'.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bBD_CwJ5QW4/TGNwNdui4oI/AAAAAAAAAL0/dvSog0H5mPQ/s1600/monolith2.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think he would still be god-like considering bullets bounce off of him and he can withstand the elements (ex. lava, ice, etc...). Most spells and powers are related to the elements, although there are some that are of a different sort of energy, I suppose those different non elemental skills could be used on him but you would need to know their physical effects and compare them to other things that you know he would be able to deflect. I guess if you added in kryptonite crafted weapons or spell components it might not be so bad lol... Now the Phoenix from xmen.... THAT would be a force to be reckoned with for sure... I would love to see her as a character in D&D lol that would be epic...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter if it's elemental, though, any kind of magic can hurt Superman, and magic is pretty common in the various D&D campaigns.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bBD_CwJ5QW4/TGNwNdui4oI/AAAAAAAAAL0/dvSog0H5mPQ/s1600/monolith2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    he was shown as being vulnerable to magic in a number of ways at different points in the story continuum. but he is also really good at adapting and dealing with it. i think that with his other abilities, he could still effectively get around even in a magic heavy setting. he has effective time stop nearly at will due to his super speed, after all. i guess it depends a lot on the kind of sun the game takes place in. after all, in a dark sun setting, he'd be a completely normal human.
    nijineko the gm: AG16, CoS. nijineko the player: AtG, RttToH; . The Journal of Tala'elowar Kiyiik! .
    CrystalBallLite: the best dice roller on the planet! . nijineko the archivist: the 3.x archive