Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Vanilla Skype campaign?

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Vanilla Skype campaign?

Hello,

I'm a DM on GMT+2(with a very flexible schedule, so I can DM during the night if needed) looking to see how it's like to DM a campaign on skype.

I'm thinking of running a vanilla campaign(you start in a tavern, raid some dungeons, nothing fancy, RP required though, I'm not planning on mindless hack & slashing). I want to keep it simple since this is my first time playing online as well as the first time I'm playing completely in english(not my native tongue).

The campaign setting is an average uncomplicated fantasy world with the Greyhawk deities found in the original 3.5 Player Handbook.

House Rules

-Critical Hits/Fumbles: I'll be using the PF Critical Hit/Fumble decks. Critical Fumbles work like Critical Hits, in the sense that you roll a natural 1, the you roll again and if you miss, you confirm it.

-Saving Throws:If you roll a natural 20 or a natural 1 you do not automatically save/fail you saving throw.

-Non-Magic Crafting: Instead of the progressive crafting based on silver pieces described in the manual, the crafting duration is simply 1/3 of the Craft DC. At the end of that period, the player rolls. If you fail a check by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you ruin the raw materials and have to pay half the original raw material cost again.

Character Creation

-You can play anything in the Core Book plus any playable race in the Bestiary 1. Orcs and half orcs are rare, as well as other related humanoids, monstrous humanoids or planar creatures. As a general rule I'm adverse to allowing anything from other manuals, but if you give me the reading material and it's not a long read, we can talk it over.

-Ability Scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.

-Level 4 characters

-6000 gp, of which you can't spend more than half on any particular item

-A required background that must contain: Name, Physical Description, Childhood, Training, Past Events, Present Activities, Family, Friends, Enemies, Personality, Motivation, Goals.

Thing you should know

The most frustrating problem I've always had during my DM career is players lacking dedication. I'm sick of players not showing up for the sessions, or showing up an hour late without their background. So I'm mainly looking for dedicated players.

Other that than, I'm hoping for easy to get along with people that won't bust my balls, love to role-play and want to have some fun.

If there's a dispute about a rule, we'll pause the game, and check it. If you're right, we'll use it your way. If I'm right, we'll use it my way. However, if a situation or rule is ambiguous/left to interpretation, I reserve the right to make the final judgment and impose my own interpretation.

I don't mind metagaming, but be warned that it's likely to bite you in the ass.

I prefer a gaming environment with no alcohol/psychoactive substances ingested before or during the game.

So, any interest?
    Last edited by Frostsong; 05-24-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would maybe suggest that if you haven't already done so, you should list this in the Find Games section also. It may get seen more there. Good luck with your first try at online gaming.

As for your English, had you not mentioned it, I would have thought that it was your first language.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the advice. Could you move the topic, or should I just repost the whole thing?

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say to repost/copy it there. That way it will be in both places for people to see.
    "You go 50 feet and come to a Y."