Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: showthread_campaign in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: googlescript in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
New-to-area GM seeks players for Sci-Fi/Fantasy game
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: TBD
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 2
Desired # of Players: 4
Game Location City: Cupertino
State: CA
Zip Code / Postal Code: 95014
Game Times N/A
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Thread: New-to-area GM seeks players for Sci-Fi/Fantasy game

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

New-to-area GM seeks players for Sci-Fi/Fantasy game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I recently moved to Cupertino from Dallas, TX and had to leave two table top groups behind. Everyone said Silicon Valley is full of geeks so finding a group should be no problem. Well, I'm unfortunately not having a lot of luck. So I'm casting my net wide.

I'm offering to run a game for 4 to 6 players (two are already solid). Once I have enough regular players, we can set a day and time that works for everybody. I'm currently unemployed, so my schedule is flexible (though hopefully this is not a forever thing), but I'd like a every week or every-other week game. I would like to run a Game of Thrones campaign, but I'm also entertaining suggestions. A few have mentioned interest in a Serenity game and I'm also offering to run Dragon Age if that gets enough interest.

Post here or PM me for more information.
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area
    The Dolling Blogs (1, 2, 3 & 4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that and you haven't posted anything in ages. Welcome backish. Good luck in finding players
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahoy hoy It's true. I largely skipped out on forums altogether a few years ago. My job stopped being conducive to popping on to forums and by the time I get home from work the last thing I want to see is another computer screen. That, and I had two regular table top groups, so I was both spoiled and busy. Not really a good excuse, I know. How've things been here? I think I stopped coming regularly when Jenna Moran had just started doing her blogposts on gamer etiquette...
    Games: Exalted 2e pre-errata (hiatus), Recruiting for a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game (System TBD) in SF south bay area

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of the old faces are non-existant. Probably the main reason I check everyday is because I play a PBP here.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you still have open seats, I would be interested. My preference would be for a Pathfinder rule set (any setting), but could be easily convinced in any number of formats.

I'm based in south San Jose, and work a normal 8x5, so would prefer a weekend game, but wouldn't be opposed to the right weekday game either, depending on location and frequency.

Drop me a line if we can work something out.

Conor

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    A lot of the old faces are non-existant. Probably the main reason I check everyday is because I play a PBP here.
    Indeed. Stopped doing the PBP myself some time ago, when players suddenly disappeared on me. Now I'm back trying to gather more players for a tabletop group after my last one went to shambles. Here we go again. Good to see you're still around Goddess (even though it's California). Good Luck with the Search.

Okay, I'll quit interfering with your search now.
    "Plan?...There ain't no plan!" - Pigkiller

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by laughing.goblin View Post
    If you still have open seats, I would be interested.
    Whoa, a bite! Heh, glad I checked back in here. I'd rather given up hope. Thanks for posting, Conor

My preference would be for a Pathfinder rule set (any setting), but could be easily convinced in any number of formats.
    I have exactly zero Pathfinder experience and, last I checked, the Pathfinder corebook is even more massive than the Exalted core - a system it took me years to master (and I only stuck around because I love the setting to death). This time around I want to go with something light that takes maybe an afternoon to get a good grip on. The three I listed above all fall into that category, as does any Savage Worlds setting. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that I've personally run into.

I'm based in south San Jose, and work a normal 8x5, so would prefer a weekend game, but wouldn't be opposed to the right weekday game either, depending on location and frequency.
    You and my other two players are in the same boat, so that's a good sign. I'm currently in Cupertino a couple of blocks from Legends and they live a few miles north on Lawrence. I think it likely that it'd be either a Friday night game or a Sunday early afternoon game. I have an every-other-Saturday game online, but if we decide to go for the other Saturday, I could do that, too. The goal is a 6 to 8 hour session, though I understand that time won't be 100% gaming. A bit of goofing off is kind of par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhemedes View Post
    Indeed. Stopped doing the PBP myself some time ago, when players suddenly disappeared on me. Now I'm back trying to gather more players for a tabletop group after my last one went to shambles. Here we go again. Good to see you're still around Goddess (even though it's California). Good Luck with the Search.
    Oy! I know that handle :-) Good to see you around, too. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you have a good search as well.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Still looking for players...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just moved into the area from VA...I am interested in joining a Fantasy Campaign (prefer Forgotten Realms 3.5, but have also played in one short-lived GoT campaign). Look forward to your reply...
    "We've got a blind date with Destiny,and it looks like she's ordered the lobster." - Mystery Men

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessGood View Post
    Still looking for players...
    are you still looking for players?

sounds like Legends has the geographical advantage, but if you haven't seen Game Kastle you should check it out.
    (both have free table areas, but GK doesn't have the mall hours problem.)