Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Play by Post

Downloads
    Uploads

Play by Post

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Dos anyone play M&M pbp style? with its non tac movment it seems ideal for pbp! I cant seem to find any groups near me who want to M&M so I ask you pen and paper fans, do you pbp M&M? and if you do do you know a place were some noobs can go to pbp M&M?

Thank you for your time!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if anyone does, but i'd be willing to start on up possibly. I know there has been talk of starting one.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    idk where, but once a game gets started I'll be there, I've been wantin g to try it sometime!

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...?t=5264&page=4

There was talk here of starting up a M&M PBP game. If we can just gauge some interest, maybe start a poll, get enough people willing to play, find someone willing/capable of GMing, we can have a wonderful world.

I wish I was better at GMing, because I would love to run a game. I have a wonderful world fleshed out, but I am really not experienced enough lol.

Hmm well we at least have 4-5 players...now we need a GM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright spread the word! we need pro(or at least good) GM's and some people who are willing to play like mad(I know I will, but mind you im still pretty new)! if yu intrested in GMing or playing please say so!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as someone can do the story I can run the combat, but I always flag on the details of the rp portions

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm down!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested too. I can work on a story. Anything that the two of you like, or don't like? I'm guessing that the earlier posts (from 2009) are not in this anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still here and willing to play.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can count me in as a player. Everything has finally quieted down for me. I've got the DC Heroes M&M and a PL8 Hero that I can mod to whichever PL gets settled upon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Revised Game Info

Okay, great... I'm thinking of a dystopian, near future setting. Supers are very uncommon. Most are "sanctioned" meaning that they work for various governments. Others are corporate (self explanatory). Fewer still are renegades (the ones who have not yet been caught). The fewest are found in the research sector, as governments, corporations, and private mad scientists try to discover how supers can be created and controlled. Characters started out as something else, but are now renegades, come up with your own reason why, and they form the first independent team of supers.

List your characters in this thread (I'll create a separate one when we're all set to play) Character Sheet:

Name:
    Skills:
    Character History:
    Character Personality:
    Character Description:
    Character Flaw:

List anything you want everyone else to know.... If you want to keep some character details secret, please pm me with them. Any other ideas or concerns? Oh yeah, I was thinking power level 10.

Phalanx20, if you still are willing to run combat, tell us how complete a character sheet you need for everyone.

Thanks. Z
    Last edited by Zairinniene; 02-19-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Needed to add information.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll post the character info in the provided template later today. I had some inspiration for a different character based on the campaign setting you provided.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My apologies for not posting this last night. Anyway, here's my character:

Name: Elliot Thompson a.k.a. Ely
    Powers: Not-so-Super-Speed...Quickness Rank 6, Speed Rank 6 (Ground), Run on Water (Water-Walking, while moving only), Run up Walls (Wall-Crawling, while moving only); Damage 5, Strength-Based, Multiattack 5, Selective 5 or Damage 5, Strength-Based, Burst Area 5, Selective 5
    Skills: Acrobatics +12, Athletics +8, Close Combat: Unarmed +12, Deception +10, Expertise: Business +8, Insight +8, Perception +6, Persuasion +8, Ranged Combat: Thrown Weapons +10
    Advantages: Accurate Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit: Ambidexterity, Benefit: Wealth 3, Defensive Roll 5, Evasion, Fascinate, Improved Initiative 3, Instant Up, Precise Attack (Close), Uncanny Dodge

Crap, need to go pick up the kids from daycare, will post the remainder by tomorrow at the absolute latest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good, can't wait to see the rest. Anyone else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello! I'm not sure if this topic is still open, but I'd be willing to throw in on this game. I've had experience with MnM 2E (both tabletop and PbP) and am SERIOUSLY jonesing to get some 3E gaming under my belt. I'd be willing to run a few one-shot adventures for individual heroes/players unfamiliar with game mechanics, and could throw a few story ideas at the GM (maybe even do a troupe style game?). Here's a PL 8 character I've written up (think a Year One Batman with a bow and arrows) who would fit the campaign setting nicely.

NAME: Dark Bow

ABILITIES: Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 6, Fighting 6, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 2

DEFENSES: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Will 8, Toughness 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics +8, Athletics +6, Deception +6, Expertise: Streetwise +8, Insight +6, Intimidation +6, Investigation +8, Perception +6, Ranged Combat: Archery +12, Stealth +8, Technology +8

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll, Equipment 4, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Bow), Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Jack of All Trades, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment)

POWERS: None

EQUIPMENT: binoculars - Senses 1 (Extended Vision); costume - Protection 1; flashlight - Feature (Illumination); grapple gun - Movement 1 (Swinging); rebreather - Immunity 2 (Suffocation), Limited

BOW AND ARROWS ARRAY: armor piercing arrows - Ranged Penetrating Damage 4; exploding arrows - Ranged Burst Damage 4; smoke arrows - Ranged Cloud Concealment Attack 2 (Normal Sight)

I have some background history for the character, though I'll refrain from typing it out in case this is a dead thread (you understand) =]
    Last edited by ex3lev3n; 05-02-2012 at 02:03 AM.