Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: showthread_campaign in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: googlescript in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
Metro-Detroit Supers: Any Interest?
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Super Heroic
Style: 50% Roleplaying / 50% Combat
Current Players: 6
Game Location City: Clawson
State: Michigan
Zip Code / Postal Code: 48017
Game Times Frequency: Weekly
Days of Week: Saturday
Online Game Details Online Game?: No
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Google Map
Loading Map...

Thread: Metro-Detroit Supers: Any Interest?

Downloads
    Uploads

Metro-Detroit Supers: Any Interest?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Gauging interest for a supers game in the Metro-Detroit area I'm planning. No knowledge of existing comics universes is necessary, except to note all the references and in-jokes I make.

What: Superheroes with a twist. You play a villain, anti-hero, or other perceived enemy to every-day society, deemed enough of a threat that the Law planned to restrain your powers, lock you up, and throw away the key. But you've been given a special offer: that multiple-life sentence will be commuted to time served by joining a special, secretive unit... a super-powered Suicide Squad, doing the dirty jobs nobody else will risk taking. You're considered expendable. And the operations you perform are never easy. By relying on your powers, your wits, and your lack of ethics, you just might survive... so you can continue your reign of terror upon your release.

For system, I'm leaning towards ICONS, Steve Kenson's new FATE-based supers RPG, done in the style of the old TSR Marvel Super Heroes and Mayfair DC Heroes. Characters consist of a set of attributes, much like Marvel's old FASERIP system, has a large assortment of powers and backgrounds, and only requires 2d6. ICONS is a powerful and flexible system that's also very simple and straightforward. Knowledge of the system is not required; it's fast and easy to pick up, and I can provide you with all the rules. Though I might convince myself to use Aberrant or Silver Age Sentinels; the exact rules system is less important to me than giving players a fun and enjoyable world/story to mess around with.

Who: Need at least 4 and at most 6 players; I know a couple of friends who might join depending on the day/times. Looking for people who like a good balance of roleplaying, thinking, and action. I'm interested in people who like open-ended stories, and who provide interesting and detailed characters to populate them. Mostly looking for people interested in having fun, who are fun to chuck dice with, and who can make a commitment to show up every game.

As for me... I like to run things fast, loose, and cinematic. I like to put a lot into roleplaying NPCs and break out the props, while also focusing on the plot, group, and characters. My sense of humor is strong, though I enjoy a serious or gritty game; most often I aim for the middle ground. As a GM, I reward players who put a lot of interest/effort into the game, but don't consider it a requirement. I hope to give memorable characters a memorable adventure, and keep everyone entertained in the process: my goal is to have players leave saying "I can't wait to see what happens next."

Not handicapped accessible, no smoking in the house (outdoors is fine), and I do have a dog, so not a good place if you're allergic. Looking for mature people who like having a solid group dynamic. Basically, just follow common courtesy: consistently show up, bathe regularly, don't disturb the neighbors, no unnecessary drama, that kind of thing.

Where: My place, Clawson, Michigan. Roughly 14 and Livernois, ~6 miles from 696 and 2 miles from I-75. I'd be up for another location if everyone's on one side of town, and someone has a good suggestion, but no game stores.

When: Dates, times, and duration will be left up to the players. Weekends are preferable (more gaming, flexibility) and I'd like to run weekly or biweekly if possible.

Update Game is in progress with 6 players so no longer actively recruiting, might be open to another (two tops) if I think you'll be a good fit for the group. 50/50 balance between combat and RP, careening a bit more between grim and comic than I'd expected. Been a lot of fun to run and am getting a lot of positive feedback about the game.
    Last edited by admiral.ironbombs; 06-25-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Updated 25 June '12

Downloads
    Uploads
    a supers game..how fun...i got the anti hero called 'murder girl'

Downloads
    Uploads
    my name is tim. i'm intersted in playing in your campaign. let me know if you want me to join.

Downloads
    Uploads

Interested

Hey Admiral,

It has been ages since I played a super hero style game but I really like your theme. Contact me via e-mail if you still have room are willing to chat about your game idea.

Thanks, Joe

Bowgentle2000@yahoo.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's Roger, you are a great gm, so I am in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never played any super hero games, but by the sound of this, I am intrigued. How big of a group do you have?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am interested depending on date/time - PM sent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, apparently there's a lot more interest for this then I thought there'd be. If people could post their availability, or update the calenders in their profile, I'm starting to pin down a set gaming time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    im very interested if this is still goin on?