Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: New to WoD, running a Combo game

Downloads
    Uploads

New to WoD, running a Combo game

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hola!

I had played LARP for years, and was a pretty solid storyteller for the WoD Fanclub. Oddly enough I never really delved into the Table Top books, other than for source material.

I stumbled across a Craigslist ad, local to me, of a person selling their collection of OWOD books, about 50 books it seems. (Demon, Mummy, Hunter, Mage, Garou, etc...) I bought the whole stack for about 100$, and have been reading like made for a few weeks now.

My friends have been begging me to run a Table Top game, based on the TV show Supernatural, for them for a while, but my problem is they all want to play something different. I am cool with that for the most part, but I have ZERO idea on how to balance this. If it was LARP I could do it, but I am just not familiar enough with the ins and outs of Table top. So I was looking for advice from more experienced Table Top players and GM's.

What pitfalls are out there for interaction between all the various entities?

I was debating on excluding Mummies, wraiths and hunters (from the reckoning books), is this a good plan?

Any tweaks to the game world should I make?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The supernatural splats are meant to be enemies of one another... and it can ruin the inherent mystery/fear/horror of the game if the werewolf knows everything about mages, the mage knows everything about vampires, etc. Instead, these should be mysterious and probably antagonistic entities in a world that is vast and unknowable.

What I'm saying is, at least for your first game, it's best to limit it to one supernatural group -- everyone is a vampire, or a mage, or a werewolf, or whatever. Let them explore the world in this manner. Otherwise, when you divide it up, you won't be able to really dig deep into the themes/issues/culture of each supernatural group. It'll be a shallow exploration.