Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Shadowrun Returns -- Kick Starter

Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Shadowrun Returns -- Kick Starter

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    (Repost form Offtopic I feel like this fits here better)
    I haven't been on here in what seems like forever, but today I stumbled across this project and felt compelled to spread the word.(I apologize if it's already been spread)

Back Story: SR is one my most favorite p&p games of all time. However, my group disbanded ages ago, and I shifted my focus to my warhammer 40k armies. Periodically I'd sit down and flip through my various SR books, and occasionally play my old copy of SR for the SNES. I (being a programmer) have always wanted to some how get the license and make some sort of sequel to the game that did SR justice. You know, stayed true to the p&p game. I was ecstatic when one of my friends sent me this link. I immediately read the entire page, and watched there introduction video. I have some faith in them and believe they will easily achieve something awesome. With that being said here is the point:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-returns

I donated 60$ If I had more I would of given it easily. If ANYTHING the Doc Wagon Card should be awesome.

Things I found most interesting:
    -Jordan Weisman
    -Map builder so you can build adventures and share with friends

(Original Post: http://www.penandpapergames.com/foru...s-Kick-Starter)
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let them hail the hollow one Bow before the damned Forge ahead into the night Forget the lessons of the past Follow the lead to failure Relinquish and pay no mind....

Downloads
    Uploads
    They meet their goal! This means there will be a new Shadowrun game for tablet, and PC(Windows, and Mac)! They are pushing for 1 million and getting close nearing 750,000 as I type this. At a million one of the things they will add is another city to the game, so you'll have Seattle + a backers voted city.
    Last edited by Goreaddict; 04-09-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I backed this as well. It is too cool to pass up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are getting closer and closer to 1 million. I moved my pledge up to 100$. The more I nostalgia the more I want this to be awesome. Also There is no way I can back enough for a platinum doc wagon card, but gold is certainly in my reach.

Spread the word lets get a second city to run in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update 4
    At a million they will include Linux support. They went on to say they are hesitant about releasing details about the game, because they don't want to commit to certain goals just to get more backers. I like their hesitation to boast ideas without any foundation to support them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    About to break a million! They also added another backers level that gives you some awesome usb dog tags that contain copies of the game DRM free, as well as a physical copy of the game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Close to 1.5 million!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goal met at $1,895,772. This means next year in January(hopefully) there will a new Shadowrun video game for tablets, and pc. It will be a 2d isometric turn based role playing game with Seattle, and tba 2nd full city, standard races(Human, elf, dwarf, orc, troll), Street samurais, shamans, magicians, hackers, riggers, physical adepts, a mission that will follow up on the Snes/Sega versions, and much much more. Can't wait.