Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: A fresh take on table top (new game system).

Downloads
    Uploads

A fresh take on table top (new game system).

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Hey everybody! I wanted to run this by you and see what you thought. I am finishing development and will be having a beta test soon (like a couple of weeks). Just want to gauge interest on what I think is a unique look at our hobby:

This site represents the beta of what I hope is a new take on table top role playing. Here you will find a set of rules closely tied in with a custom social network. A network that allows you to communicate with the game designer like never before. Please take a look at some of the features we will have in the beta:

A core set of rules that can handle any play style! Easily divided by section into areas for players and game masters so you get the info you want. And we’ve stayed away from bloating our sections, you get everything you need to play in shortest and most direct way possible.

We will be finishing development on one setting right out of the gate. you will have access to maps, gear and extras to get you started.

A developer blog that will keep you up to date on everything Act Ten. Here you can take part, point out and play test new sub systems and features to the game!
    Full user profiles allowing you to connect with other Act Ten players virtually AND locally. You will be able to tell people whether you like to run or play, where you are located and your game style.

User groups with full customization! You will be able to set privacy, who can join and whether your group has a dedicated forum or not.

Achievements! We have set of achievements rewarding our users for participating in the community, directly with other users and game development.

Once the Act Ten Role Playing Network has finished beta, we will be keeping a free membership for users with access to all the core gaming materials and social features. We will be asking that users who want access to the settings and other features pay either $1.00 a month, or $10.00 a year. We will be using this money to hire on extra development staff to keep putting out fresh material, and finish launching these new features:

More settings! After our initial offering, we hope to tackle other genres, which will be playable within themselves or as part of the Act Ten universe.

PDF support! We will have some before beta is over, but they will be basic. We want to produce PDF files that are fully searchable and interactive, making them as easy as possible to use. These will be free to paid members (and tied to accounts), and sold to free members for $12.00, making membership an added value.

Achievement rewards! We want to look at our top ten users, and hand out things like signed art prints, t-shirts, memberships and other goodies every month (or even weekly)!

We have already begun development on a set of web, phone and tablet applications! These apps bridge the role playing experience for our users, taking gaming from the table top to the tablet top.

and finally, staff! you’ve heard me say a lot of “we”, “us” and “our” here. but the truth is as of now, with the exception of a few people to bounce ideas off of, and a friend helping with app development in his spare time, this has been a solo project. My dream is to see our (there it is again) users in the thousands, but I cant realistically keep up with those demands unless I have dedicated help.
    Last edited by madmosher; 04-03-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm doing a limited beta for a few people, feel free to sign up! We are having some site speed issues and some of the content needs to be finished. But you can check out the core rules, first setting and some other features now if you want.
    www.actten.com