Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: showthread_campaign in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591
Fate Weaver's Saga - Page 2
Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Campaign Summary
Campaign Summary Genre: Fantasy
System Used: Strands of FATE
Style: 75% Roleplaying / 25% Combat
Current Players: 3
Desired # of Players: 5
Game Location N/A
Game Times Frequency: Biweekly
Days of Week: Sunday
Online Game Details Online Game?: Yes
Online Software Used: Skype/Mumble/Infrno
Additional Options Looking for Players?: Yes
Online Game
(Skype/Mumble/Infrno)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fate Weaver's Saga

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I'll have to pass if it's strands of fate. Let me know if it changes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, seeing as 4 people got back to me, I'll await patiently for other/more people to see if there's any more interest. I'll post some more info on the background within the next 24 hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I'm actually super interested in a FATE game (haven't played it yet but I'm reading Legends of Anglerre right now and I like the look of the FATE system), but I'm in Asia until next fall and once school starts back up (beginning of June) your time slot would be in working hours for me. Is there any chance of flexibility on the days?

Thanks!
    Emma

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, it is possible that the day(s) will be moved around seeing as two people have already asked me about that. I'm thinking of moving the day to either Wed or Sun. Anyone have any objections to that? Oh and more info on the world of Alkos in my next post, coming in about 5 minutes.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Magic:
    Magic is a power that many of the peoples of the realm posses, but gift is rarely powerful. About 1 in 100 people of any race in the realm has some degree of magical power, but only 1 in every 100,000 of the gifted have enough power to cast without Lahyt Crystals. Even more rare, are those who have enough power to be able to grow Lahyt Crystals, and those who can, are prized beyond all measure, because out of the magical population, only 1 in every 2,500,000 have that gift, though it may take years to refine the power into an aura capable of growing Lahyt Crystals.

-magic can use a focus or just a crystal
    -a focus can be anything from a wand to a scepter, to a staff, to a ring, etc.
    -foci can be used for helping people with concentration issues or for a particular style of magic
    -without a focus, the mage must concentrate on drawing the energy from the crystal, keeping all of the energy together, and shaping the energy correctly
    -foci allow the mage to not worry about losing any energy from the crystal and to make it easier to draw the energy from the crystal
    -a focus may or may not be imbued with a Lahyt Crystal
    -various cultures have different foci

Technology:
    The technology of the world of Ithos is best described as steampunk. Technology is based around electricity and Lahyt Crystals and steam engines to generate said electricity. Lahyt Crystals can be artificially created using science: through the use of copious amounts of electricity channeled through a diamond.

-tech level between fallout and victorian era
    -engineers design tech
    -tech is limited but creative (creations only do specific things but can do them in many awesome ways), while magic is freeform with limitations (magic does practically anything but only in specific ways with rituals and such)

Races

-Standard high fantasy races

-The Kin (short for Dragonkin): Humanoid race of intelligent lizards, typically live with dragons, create kingdoms similar to human ones but accommodates dragons

- Maroan are a non-humanoid spider-like race, usually growing up to 10 feet in size. They have 12 blue eyes and their sense of smell is incredibly powerful. Their magical practices focus exclusively on water magic. Once, long ago, they were slaves to the Jerrat, but since the coming of the Phoenix Empire, they overthrew their masters and integrated with the Empire

-Jerrat: Almost giants, they are usually 8-10 ft tall, are extremely intelligent, but somewhat slow/frail, very long limbs, humanoid, human skin color, no hair anywhere on their bodies, semi-magical race, extremely distrusting of outsiders, hate all non-humanoid races and people who associate with non-humanoid races, they are the most technologically inclined race, who unwillingly joined the Empire

-Korth: Non-humanoid race of intelligent insects, governed by a hive mind but individuals have personality, peaceful builders, druidic in nature, usually shorter than humans with a resemblance to dragonflies, they are about 4 feet long and 2 feet tall, semi-magical race, love all life

-Seril: Non-humanoid race of intelligent serpents, must live in symbiosis with any sentient being, making them extremely loyal, they usually grow to about 9-10 ft long and from half an inch to 2 feet thick depending on the individual, semi-magical race, usually 2 individuals bond with another sentient race, feeding off of their innate magical aura and in return they strengthen and reinforce the aura

The Royal Family

-Phoenixes traditionally bonded only with the royal family, and it was a sign of great personal purity and integrity that a phoenix would bond with you

History

-Pre Empire the world was chaotic with kingdoms and republics everywhere. Old mages used eldritch magic (rituals and complicated casting to create spectacular effects, usually taking a day or more to cast) because it is more powerful than elemental magic. elemental magic is just as draining as eldritch magic, but with less bang for the buck, so eldritch was more common
    -The Jerrat Empire summoned a portal into a different dimension and demons started to pour out and rampage across the world.
    -The old kingdoms and republics warred among each other, trying to find unity against the demons, but were taken out one by one
    -3,500 years ago Arch-Mage Lahyts discovered the Lahyt Crystals and used them to turn the tides against the demons
    -3000 years ago the Arch-Mage founded the Phoenix Empire to guard the world and bring peace to all peoples across the realm
    -2500 years ago the Phoenix Empire finishes taking over the entire world
    -2000 years ago the first emperor, Lahyts, dies
    -1500 years ago the empire started to try to expand into other dimensions, but avoided specific ones, such as the demon realm, but the plan backfired, and many portals opened and the beginnings of the rebellion fled into other dimensions/worlds
    -1400 years ago the last phoenix bonded emperor died
    -900 years ago dragons were driven from the land into the rebel dimension
    -500 years ago a mad scientist king reaped people for experiments with crystals on sentient test subjects, but one person survived and escaped, a bastard son of the previous emperor, who ran away to another dimension and found the failing original rebellion and became its leader. The leader, now known as Dice, finds out that he is the first person in almost a thousand years to bond with a phoenix
    -300 years ago a foolish king opened demon portal to try and gain power and was killed, morale low across the Empire and more people wanted to rebel, the new leader of the rebellion used the various hidden portals across the world to gain support
    -100 years ago a fire occurred in the library, scrying magic lost, the rebellion becomes bolder because it no longer fears detection by the Empire scryers
    -present day

Rebellion
    -Rebellion HQ is in another dimension, and is a fortress named Fate Weaver’s Fourtune
    -The leader wants to create magic seals across the land and then focused onto the capital city in order to kill the emperor and bring magic to all people. The leader would then be revived from hisphoenix bond and starts the new republic

Phoenix Empire
    -the capital city was built around a massive phoenix nest, that is on top of a massive deposit of Lahyt Crystals
    -military consists of about 1/25-1/10 of the population of the empire
    -population of the emipire is about 750,000,000 to 1,000,000,000
    -Currently the millitary is at about 1/15 of the population

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

More information to come......

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could do Wednesday

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, since I have 3-5 people ok with using FATE, depending on scheduling, I'm setting this as a FATE campaign. I'll have to talk with everyone about what day to do the campaign, but this will work, I think. I'll email/PM everyone who's kept interest and start setting up character concepts, and see if we can't roleplay some origin stories.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So one more time to confirm people who are still interested. snapzilla, middlemuse, and one more person who emailed me (I don't know who it is).

If anyone else is interested please let me know. I'm also almost definitely changing the date to Sunday evening from about 6-11PM EST, so please let me know if the day and time does not work for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12