Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Sandpoint

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0

    Sandpoint

    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
     
    Your hometown of Sandpoint is a quaint seaside settlement that periodically has problems with monsters, such as wicked goblins and hungry ghouls, but the citizens always manage to endure and survive. Lately, however, a far greater danger has come to threaten the town.
    A few weeks ago, livestock started to disappear from nearby farms. Sometimes a half-eaten corpse is found, sometimes only bloodstains. The people of Sandpoint are afraid, and mayor Kendra Deverin is growing desperate. She hopes some heroes will volunteer to search out this menace and put an end to it before it kills a person. She’s offered a reward of 1,000 gold pieces to the group that stops this mysterious creature. Although no one has seen the killer directly, a long black fang was found in one of the animal corpses, prompting the locals to dub the unseen killer "Black Fang."

    You have decided to go on a quest to put an end to these brutal killings. Rumor holds that Black Fang is living in an old cave not too far from town, which has been used as a den for many monsters over the years. You’ve gathered your gear and are now approaching the entrance to this dungeon, but you still have a few moments to get to know your fellow adventurers.





    "At last! The dungeon is in sight up ahead! Its entrance looks more like a cave than the front door of an underground fortress. A curtain of thick, green moss hangs over the entrance, hiding what lies beyond. Standing in front of the entrance is a menacing old stone statue of a warrior. "
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Statesville
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I look around to see that the party consists of two others, both human a female warrior, and a male bard. Having few positive interactions with humans, I am tense and unsure how reliable a companion these humans will be. " Well, I guess it's just us three", I mutter, taking a few steps towards the dungeon entrance. I run my hands over my gear, making sure everything is in it's place. Stopping and studying the warrior statue, feeling that there's something more to it, I ask "Does this thing make you as tense as it does me? " as I stare intently at it. I'm not really expecting an answer, since past experiences have always left my questions unanswered....
    Last edited by Mystynights; 04-02-2012 at 04:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Seeing the tension and nervousness of party I decide to sing a little tune, "foreboding statue, you fill us with dread. oh foreboding statue oh please don't make us dead!" Chuckling softly to myself I say "Relax guys! whats the worst that can happen? we all die a horrible death, it could be worse, we could all have to eat my mothers cooking!" I hum merrily as I mentally prepare myself for the upcoming adventure, holding a folded net in my hands.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    The curtain of moss suddenly parts and a pair of small, green creatures with melon-shaped heads and toothy mouths charge out, swinging crude swords. These are goblins, a common pest that lives in these hills. Howling battle cries, they charge to attack!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map1a.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	3652

    The goblins are the green "X"'s Viktoria is the Purple square, Brandin is the orange square, Lobo is the blue square and Raina is the red square, the lt blue square is the statue. The goblins appear to heading towards Viktoria and Brandin.
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I roll initiative
    * lobobscurado rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-25-2012 04:17 PM
    lobobscurado rolls some dice: 1d20 (11)+ 1 (1) = 12

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    DM's Int
    * Windstar rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-26-2012 09:24 AM
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d20 (16)
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Statesville
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Raina's Int
    * Mystynights rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-26-2012 09:27 AM
    Mystynights rolls some dice: 1d20 (3)+ 3 (3) = 6

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Viktoria's Int roll
    * Windstar rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-26-2012 04:04 PM
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d20 (6)+ 7 (7) = 13
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    (how do you roll dice?)
    Last edited by Dusterboy; 04-27-2012 at 03:30 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    type [(ROLL="1dxx+x"][/ROLL)] without the parenthesis around ROLL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Brandin's initiative

    * Dusterboy rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-28-2012 03:47 AM
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (5)+ 2 (2) = 7

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Gobkin #1 attacks Viktoriaand goblin #2 attacks Brandin. Goblin #1
    * Windstar rolls some dice *
    goblin #2
    * Windstar rolls some dice *
    #1 Dam
    * Windstar rolls some dice *
    #2 Dam
    * Windstar rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-28-2012 04:12 PM
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d20 (2)+ 2 (2) = 4
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d20 (2)+ 2 (2) = 4
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d4 (4)
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d4 (2)
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Statesville
    Age
    53
    Posts
    521
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Viktoria draws her sword and attacks the goblin in front of her,
    * Windstar rolls some dice *
    and does
    * Windstar rolls some dice *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-11-2012 08:30 AM
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d20 (7)
    Windstar rolls some dice: 1d8 (5)+ 4 (4) = 9
    Windstar - Escapee from the D&D'ers retirement home. Trust in the Shadows!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Bellowing his warcry, Brandin attacks the goblin in front of him with his waraxe.

    * Dusterboy rolls some dice *


    * Dusterboy rolls some dice *


    ---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

    Sorry, that was a complete mess. Ignore that. I thought that the thread had eaten my posts and I still have to get used to the dice roller.

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-11-2012 12:09 PM
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (4)+ 4 (4) = 8
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (16)+ 4 (4) = 20
    05-11-2012 12:13 PM
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (3)+ 4 (4) = 7
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (1)+ 4 (4) = 5
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (18)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (9)+ 4 (4) = 13
    05-11-2012 12:14 PM
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (2)+ 4 (4) = 6
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (13)+ 4 (4) = 17
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (16)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (10)+ 4 (4) = 14
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (17)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (1)+ 4 (4) = 5
    05-11-2012 12:16 PM
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (3)+ 4 (4) = 7
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (17)+ 4 (4) = 21
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (19)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (7)+ 4 (4) = 11
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (17)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (1)+ 4 (4) = 5
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (9)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (5)+ 4 (4) = 9
    05-11-2012 12:21 PM
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d20 (16)
    Dusterboy rolls some dice: 1d10 (10)+ 4 (4) = 14

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    aurora
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    (im not to upset, as you are the fighter, but it was my turn in initiave order) "Beware that which does not seem dangerous, and behold the luminous light of the bard" I say as i cast flare at the goblin attacking the fighter. (dc 13 fort save or be dazzled.) then I throw the net at him in attempts to entangle him. (ROLL="1d20+1"][/ROLL) (ranged touch attack)

    ---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

    * lobobscurado rolls some dice *


    (sorry that didnt work right)

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    05-11-2012 02:59 PM
    lobobscurado rolls some dice: 1d20 (6)+ 1 (1) = 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •