Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Crest of the Leo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So the “Queen of Thieves” thought of her as a child, with a deep sigh Cassandra leaned forward and smiled sweetly at the woman across from her. “Leaving this,” she gestured with a wave of her hand, “will not affect me what’s so ever. I do this only because I felt pitty for you but if all I will get in return is your snide remarks then you can find your own way to unlock that which was stolen from you. I have more important things to do that be insulted by the likes of a thief.”

At that moment the door opened and in walked Lawrence with his body guard and she immediately felt safe. “It would appear that the Queen of Thieves …” she gave small laugh with out humor to answer his question, “is unappreciative of my help.”

Cassandra knew that Lawrence would see the exhaustion and the toll unlocking the strangers mind had taken on her. “When you can learn not to bite the hand that helps you, you may ask for my help and I will think about restoring your memoires to you. All of them including the ones about Rhuen or I could just simply make you forget him altogether.”
    Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawrence stood still as he watched the scene unfold before him and blinked as Cassandra made her opinion known. He could see the exhaustion on her face, and sighed. “Cassandra, you mean to tell me that this…” He motioned to the woman. “Woman, is a queen of thieves?”
    He looked at the woman and clicked his tongue. “And she insulted a sorceress that was just inside her mind, putting things back together…” Lawrence raised a brow and let out a ‘hmp’.
    “Pity, I’d figure that someone like that would be smarter then this, oh well.” Lawrence smiled a humorless smile. “Guess you can’t get the smart ones all the times. Anyways Cassandra, get dressed for war.” Lawrence lost his smile. “We ride as soon as the force is ready to move. You have about three hours.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cassandra blinked, “War? she whispered, standing she felt herself wobble slightly before catching herself. The air was too thick, she moved away attempting to clear her mind of Lilith’s thoughts and memories.

“With whom are we going to war with M’Lord?” With ease she hadn’t expected Cassandra turned in the Kings High Advisor, Lilith forgotten but not out of mind.

She did however plan to keep the woman close; as soon as the moment presented its self she would finish unwrapping the woman’s mind for her. She would never have really left her like that but it would be nice if the beastly woman show a little gratitude.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As Lawrence shut the door, Xavier turned to Gesault and said "if my lord will excuse me, I will begin preperations to leave immediatly." Gesalt grunted in acknowledgement, his eyes foucused on the battle board. The two men had had a......colorful beggining to their relationship, but over time they learned to understand the other, to a point, and respect eachother for it. Xavier was actually glad to have Gasalt with him on this assinement, it would make his job a lot easier with a general of his caliber controlling the main troops. Xavier,after he left the room, said to seemingly no one in paticular "You really should change your perfume." Out of the shadowes appeared a blond,tall, and well-built man in his mid-twenties. Lance Strider was the third Tallon of the Claws,and probably the quickest assasin in the land. Xavier knew he could be the perfect killer if he spent more time on the training ground and less time trying(and admitingly, mostly succeeding) to get into wenches beds. "So, what are my orders?" Lance inquired with a grin. "I dont know, are you sober enough to remember them?" Xavier replied. Lance let out his ussual, belowing laugh. "I could have sworn your sense of humor had died! But seriously, what do yo want me to do?". Xavier pondered for a minute, and said "You will follow the king with groups 4,1, and 6 to protect him and aid him in anyway, I will take our other 6 groups to defend against a probable Gavin invasion. We will probably be at war by the end of the week." Lance's jolly mood vanished almost instantly. This would be his first Battlefield command, which was comsiderably different than an operational one, which in most cases are far easier. Both he and Xavier knew that they had a much greater number of rookies sense they were last at war,and one is never sure if the veterans they have are rested or rusty after such a relatively long peace. 10 minutes of silense passed between them, and they were almost to Xaviers apartment when Lance grimly said "Something does not feel right about this one, do you really think we will win?" Xavier smiled and said "Of course we will, we have to dont we?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lilith restrained herselffrom making a comment to both the child and the boy. She had never been good withkids, whether or not they looked like they were in their 20s. Normally shewould gladly make a remark to both of them and if she was threatened to be putin jail then she wouldn’t have any problems with getting free but the situationwas different this time. Whether or not she liked it she was going to have togrind her teeth and bear through…whatever this was.
    She knew rightaway though that this king was going to annoy her to death.
    ~War?~ Sheasked herself. ~What War was-~ A sharp pain traveled through her mind at that moment, making her grip the side of it.
    "Just...where do you think that you're going to take me?" She growled.

Last edited by DevilsMustDie; 04-30-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Now if I am to survive
    The infection must die
    Murder the beast that's been eating me alive
    The infection must die

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawrence eyed the strange woman before turning back to Cassandra and nodded. “We go to war with both Gavin and Fal’cile, seems as though they have decide it be time to rid one of the kingdoms from their sides and we just got unlucky to be odd man out.”
    Lawrence took a guarded stance, his eyes growing hard and cold again. “We rid out to border with Fal’cile, pack essentials and food only. This is my field of battle, no courtroom antics, So Cassandra go and rest as much as you can but remember, three hours till we ride.”
    Lawrence returned his sight to the other woman and called to the guards waiting outside. “Come and show this….thief her new quarters men, and make sure you hog tie her backwards, don’t want her getting loose before our inquisitor can have a chat with her.” Lawrence paused for thought. “Plus you can gag her, I know her type, mouthy with fangs for everyone but her bed warmer.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Lawrence …. Cassandra called out to him. This woman has knowledge that only I can retrieve. You must give me the time to so, I’ll not have those butchers touching her. I implore you my king, my friend allow her to come with me. She will not wander far from me, I promise this.

Knowing Lawrence as well as she did Cassandra still wasn’t sure what he would do but she needed Lilith to corporate for no better reason than to make it easy on herself. But it was something more than that, almost like she needed to finish reading a book or hearing a good story. She wanted to know the Wizard that did this, there were not many in the world left that could.

Lawrence hadn’t given her much information about anything for her to go off of and she knew now was not the time to ask the necessary questions. But really both Gavin and Fal’cile attacking at the same time? Guess it was only a matter of time before someone got greedy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawrence turned the raptor gaze on his Advisor and stared into her eyes for a moment before twisting his mouth and relaxed his face. “Do as you wish, just make sure she doesn’t cause any trouble. I will be taking my leave now.” He whipped around and made his exit, and turned down the corridor. He paused as he passed a servant with a basket of wash in his arms and hailed him.
    The man, not expecting to be noticed by the king jumped and dropped the basket. “S-sorry sir I will cle-”
    Lawrence interrupted him. “I could care less about the wash; you run down to Leondra’s room and tell her to meet me in my chambers with her cohorts. Now.” The man nodded and took off like a bolt.
    As he made his way to his room he noticed all the maids and servants he passed avoiding him, he needed to control hi glare sometimes.
    He pushed open one of the heavy doors to his chamber and stopped after a few steps, his eyebrows raised. There were two women on his bed, both with more curves than the hills outside of his castle and with as much clothes as they had on the day they were born. One was golden blond with crystal blue eyes and a dimpled smile. June.
    The other possessed mocha skin with short, curly hair and starling green eyes and a smile that said more then words could ever get across. Katarina.
    He heard the heavy door slick shut and half turned back to see a woman nearly as tall as him with burning red hair that rippled down her shoulders and covered her impressive bosom. She wore a nearly see through dress of white silk and had her hands clasped before her. Leondra was one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen. More importantly that face hid a passion that Lawrence saw through her eyes and it always made him have to fight down a smile.
    The red head walked forward as she spoke, her low voice echoing in the chamber. “The moment I heard about your trip, I just knew you would want to see us.”
    She stopped before him and shrugged her shoulders, the white silk falling to the floor.
    Men just had their priorities, you know?

Downloads
    Uploads
    “Well Lilith it would seem you and I will be spending a lot more time together.” Cassandra almost smiled, the woman was definitely interesting but it was more of the challenge of unlocking what was taken. She would restore what was stolen and find out who this Wizard was. “Believe me my rooms are so much nicer than ones below, you can get a hot bath and some clean clothes and rest. I will need to sleep a bit but you are more than welcomed to use my bath, you will find it be very luxurious and very private.” With almost a sigh Cassandra added, “don’t make this hard Lilith, I am only trying to help.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    Xavier and Lance then went thier seperate ways, each not knowing when or where they would see eachother again. As Xavier entered his apartment, he also wondered if this place would change. It was small,three room apartment with a bedroom, den, and a study. The apartment itself was spartan in nature. With the exception of his knife collection on his den walls and the library in his study, Xavier had no material possesions that could be considered decorative or even comfortable. He always remembered his grandmother saying "soft beds for soft people!" this is not to say the place was a dump. He paid his maid well enough so that her consiense would not allow her to leave the place anything but spotless Directly in the middle of the knives were two powerful falangees. The first, a "short" sword made with an obsidion-steel alloy with a nasty surprise for all who face it. The second were a pair of seemingly simple socks,but would mute all noise within 3 feet of the wearer.(including the wearrer themselves). Xavier then picked out his favorite dark mail/scale armor and left, not knowing that it would ne years before he returned

Downloads
    Uploads
    ~Two hours later~
    Lawrence watched the men running around below him in the parade grounds. To a civilian it would look like pure chaos but to him he saw order, each man running to perform his task as efficiently and quickly as possible. His scowl deepened as he keyed in on one man, the word used loosely. He barely looked old enough to shave the scruff on his chin.
    The king noted the soft footsteps and turned his head a bit to look over his shoulder, Leondra wrapped in a silk robe walked up and rested her chin on his shoulder, her hands wrapping around his bare midriff.
    “How are you doing?”
    Lawrence smiled at the question, it was humorless though. “I am about to lead an entire kingdom into a full-out war with their brethren. I’m doing pretty good considering that as I am sure you can testify to.”
    He heard the low rumble of a laugh coming from the red head and sighed. “Honestly I’m scared, it has always been the three against the three and now that two are against one…I don’t know. We’ll see.”
    Lawrence took a deep breath as he continued to watch the men on the grounds rush about.
    “You think we’ll lose?” Leondra asked.
    “Perhaps…” Lawrence started, “Unless I can blunt Fal’cile’s movements at our borders and prevent the use of their mages early this war will become truly tough. Knowing Gavin though I doubt it will be that easy to stop Fal’cile.” Lawrence shook his head.
    “Leondra, please tell the guard outside to have my armor brought up, along with ‘that’.”
    Leondra blinked then nodded and walked away.
    Lawrence looked back at the sleeping figures in his bed and smiled to himself as a leg twitched.
    War was upon them, even if Al’beret fell he would scar the other two countries with the lance he had built from his people. His army would shatter them both if he had any say in it.

Downloads
    Uploads

That ‘King’ didn’t know how to keep his mouth shut. 20 goldsaid that if he wasn’t a King then he wouldn’t act the way he did. Oh no. He’dprobably be a little ***** working for her for the rest of his life. Thatbrought a smile to Lilith’s face as she slipped into the warm water of the tub.She had followed the little child upstairs, going to the dungeons would havecaused problems for this kingdom when her people had learned of it and rightnow she didn’t have time to deal with destroying another kingdom that shecontrolled; whether or not it was from behind the lines or not. In the endeverything revolved around money and she had the most of it. Even more than aking.

She didn’t have the time to deal with the kingdom because shewanted to know what was going on. Why had her memories been locked away? Thesame questions repeated in her mind as she settled in the warm water. It felttruly, very nice after being marched across the land like she had. Very, verynice.
    Now if I am to survive
    The infection must die
    Murder the beast that's been eating me alive
    The infection must die

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cassandra knew the Thief would follow as did two guards, not that she was at all concerned about Lilith. Whether she wanted to admit it or not Lilith needed her. It would be foolish of her to make a move against Cassandra right now.

As Lilith was enjoying a hot bath Cassandra instructed her girls to provide their guest all that she required. Instructing for clothing to be laid out choosing two separate styles, the first a black less dress of black that lay in layers of lace and silk with long sleeves that hug the arms, Cassandra doubted that Lilith would choose this outfit, she didn’t seem to the head dress type. The second a pair of white gauzy pants thick but strong for riding matched with a following hooded scarf top crossing around her neck with long puffy sleeves that cuffed at the hands. Cassandra would be wearing one similar in a dark brown that pretty closely matched her horse. The main difference in their attire was woven chain metal by the black smith according to Lawrence’s instruction sat under Cassandra clothing.

After eating a bit more Cassandra crawled into her bed and closed the heavy drapes and closed the world off and fell into a deep dreamless sleep. Her girls will wake her 45 minutes before, enough time to ready herself for a battle she didn’t understand. Yet.

Stifling a yawn as her hair was being braided Cassandra kept eating, she needed all the energy she would get. Cassandra smiled looking at herself in the large oval mirror and was pleased with her look, it was fashionable and surprisingly light weight yet still very strong, then she armed herself with three daggers, which was about the only weapon she could use with any accuracy.

Cassandra took the opportunity to eat a little more bread, cheese and meat with a tall glass of milk; she sat lost in her own thoughts awaiting the call from Lawrence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The armor was heavy on him, the shine of its silver exterior giving testament to how well it was maintained it was as its straps were tightened to his body. The actual steel of the armor was made light, magic involved in its making and he wasn’t surprised how well it fitted him. It had fit all the past kings of Al’beret just as well, even his father who had been of much broader body then himself.
    No the weight was the duty that came with the armor.

But that was the way of Rhycs induced objects, Flanges, their existence were unique and their purposes as plentiful as there were people in the land. They had a way of making one think about why they had one, what they were using it for. It was a beautiful piece of steel, all segmented over his muscles, creases forming in the steel where creases were in his body. It was like a skin suit, coating him like a second skin. He looked at his shoulder as he rolled it, seeing the metal bulge as his muscle did. Shining silver in color the armor had earned its name, ‘Living Silver’ it was called and it was more comfortable then the clothes he wore in court, even with the helmet on.

Lawrence looked at his arm, the joint and bent his arm at the elbow, seeing the armor shift and stretch to accommodate the movement and smiled grimly to himself. It was stronger then even the toughest of plate mails, as light as leather and as flexible as he was it was perhaps the best armor ever forged, a gift to his ancestor from the great wizard king himself.

Lawrence sighed quietly as he strapped on his baldric and sheathed blade. The blade was of simple design but was a blade made by his master forger using his forging flange. The Flange could make blades and armor of such strength that his blade could cut through another’s like a hot knife through butter, and chainmail that was lighter then anything before yet as strong as plate.

His was indeed a country for war and he despised the need, yet loved the deed. He was not the greatest king, but he would be damned if he was the worst.

“Gesalt, get your troops moving, I don’t even want to see your dust cloud by next hour.”

Gesalt, standing quietly at attention was incased in his own armor, heavy platemail with the symbol of his house pressed into the breastplate, A swooping falcon with a holding a scepter in its talons. The warrior saluted smartly and smiled. “Of course Serah, not a single speck.” And the man was gone with a swish of cloak.

Lawrence picked up the helm and took a long look at it. It was a fully faced helm, with a long, squashed V-shaped segment missing where his eyes would peer from. The helmet looked completely uncomfortable but it wasn’t. The metal would breath with him, more importantly was the fact it would stop a bolt or arrow from twenty paces away as if it were a rock hitting a shield.

Lawrence, with helmet against his hip and travelor’s cloak billowing out behind him was a sight to see striding through the halls. Where he was usually met with stares of amazement and quick signs of bowing, now he was met with open mouths of wonder and blank, saucer eyed gazes of awe. Silver skin was a proper name.

He bothered not with knocking on Cassandra’s door, instead just walking in to see his advisor eating. “What ridiculous outfit is it this ti-” Lawrence paused and frowned, she was wherein what seemed to be travelers clothes, but they were definitely not of common make. He would admit that Cassandra was a beautiful woman, the clothes accenting her features more but they did not suit her like the courts drab and over poshed fashions did. Still the point remained.

“I thought I told Heindriech to make you armor, not a fashion statement.”
    Last edited by Lakross Saber; 05-15-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    “And so he did.” Cassandra was not surprised by Lawrence’s entrance; he has done it since they were quite young. “Along with a few suggestions, I have one in pale yellow as well. I really am impressed with his work. It is light and flexible, I do like it.”

Cassandra asked, “Lawrence there has been a certain … peace … why brake it now? I don’t understand the timing.” Moving to the vanity Cassandra looked at Lawrence in the mirror, “Something is scratching in a memory and it feels off, my sleep slipped me whispers of thoughts ... something is not right.” She turned to face him. “ But I am ready.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast