Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Crest of the Leo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    The air was cool on her skin but the cries of the children around her didn’t fit in. she wasn’t sure what to do. One of the men there had told her that she was in a slave caravan but that made no sense to her. She just woke up one day, traveling with these people. She had searched her mind for something, anything but didn’t really find anything important; she couldn’t even find her name. Something told her that it started with ‘Lil’, so that was just how she introduced herself to the others with her.

There were other things that she seemed to know. She appeared to be swift and could hide in the smallest of places and not be seen, even in the light. She would find her hand held a fierce grip and her face always wore either a blank look or a smirk as she stared at her reflection off the water in her wooden cup. Dressed in the clothes of a slave, she had lightly tanned skin with dark brown eyes and long, matching hair, Lil found that her eyes told her that she held many secrets, much knowledge, but she couldn’t find any of it in her mind. Her mind had turned into a long hall of locked and sealed doors; only a few could open for her and only for a moment.

One was just dark, the loud cry of a baby coming close to her ears, making her realize that it was herself, screaming in the darkness as a pair of warm hands softly pulled away from her.

A group of young children, running through the dirty streets of some city, holding what little food they had stolen as guards chased them down.

Herself, in a large room, speaking to a beautiful, older woman as she sat in a chair of gold and jewels, her clothes the finest of all silks as she sat there, listening to what the young teen had to tell her.

Lil, herself lying in bed beside a young man as he ran a hand through her hair, whispering softly to her as he stared at the ceiling.

She now sat in that golden, jeweled chair, that man from her bed kneeling before with a smile as he gave her his report.

Then there were flashes. A staff with a crystal orb. A man with silver hair and beard. A deep voice, muttering something she couldn’t hear. And then…nothing. Nothing after that.

Lil didn’t understand anything that was going on but what caught her most was that man she had been in bed with. Who was he? What was he doing with her? And the golden chair…none of it made any sense, but it told her that she hadn’t always been a slave; whatever that was. While she had been sitting there in the golden chair, she felt power and joy, not this sad, emotionless feeling that she was holding now. No, she had been someone else, someone important; there was no doubt about that. And whoever placed her here was going to regret ever coming across ‘dear little Lil.’

Lil watched as a woman entered the tent. They had stopped at some city, she had a good idea as to why, and she scowled at her, her long black hair and blue eyes told Lil that this woman was no more than a child, emotionally if not physically. Probably just some whore that was sent by her lover to find a slave for his house but at the same time…this woman seemed to have a strange, certain feel about her. One that reminded her of the man with the silver hair; it made her frown.

She felt a strange poking in her mind for some reason as this new woman looked at her. It turned her frown deeper and she crossed her arms as the woman approached her. Lil had almost given her a snort as an answer to her ‘Follow me’ and would have gladly kicked her if she had touched her but something in her mind, she didn’t know what it was, told her to follow her. Little did she know that she was going to find herself sitting in a large room in a huge chair in a castle; whatever that was.

Lil took in the sight of the man that was in the room with her and the strange woman before her eyes fell on the maids walking around them. Was that what she was going to be become? Some one of came to her 'master’s' beck and call? That made her furious! She was not just some woman to be ordered around! Her mind was screaming, she didn’t know why, but she kept her face still, ignoring the plate that had been handed to her as she stared at wall across from her as she thought about what to say when all of this began.
    Now if I am to survive
    The infection must die
    Murder the beast that's been eating me alive
    The infection must die

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawrence accepted the plate of food with a nod of his face then proceeded to inhale it in under a minute. Lawrence sighed with content as he rolled his shoulders.
    “Well Cassandra I have been one that has had to fight against ignorance my entire time ruling. The best place to hide something is right in front of ones face.” Lawrence smiled as he crossed his arms. “Honestly, who would expect a caravan head of being an information broker? I sure didn’t.”
    Lawrence shook his head. “Anyways, we have a few days at the least. He won’t leave without his coin.” Lawrence looked to the large book on the pedestal. “He isn’t the type to give up what he believes is his easily.”
    Then the king gave a look to the absent minded woman, the slave and raised a brow.
    “Hey…Is she alright?” Lawrence directed towards Cassandra, quietly so as to keep it away from the girl he was speaking about.
    “She looks kinda… you know?” Lawrence tapped the side of his head. “Stupid, or is the word addled in the head.” Lawrence rubbed his chin. “It is one of those.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    “This one Lawrence is by no means stupid.” Cassandra gave a half smile, “what I touched on proves the Merchant was right to bring her to me.” Turning quickly to face him. “That doesn’t mean I am at all happy that he knows anything about me.”

Taking another drink and picking up a piece of ham with cheese talking between bites. “I believe that she is actually someone of importance, her hair and nails are well groom despite her appearance before us. Someone that would be missed if dead and possibly avenged but selling her to slave traders now that would leave a trail to follow therefor giving the Wizard to simply disappear.” Shrugging she took another drink, “At least that is what I think.”

Eyeingthe woman again she smiled, “I am confidant.” Pulling her chair closer to the woman Cassandra closed her eyes settling back in her chair getting comfortable, “Lawrence do not allow me to waken before I am ready, it could be most damaging to us both.” She didn’t want to think about what could happen if this didn’t go right but then again there was no way it couldn’t, not if she could read the weave used. Which she could. “Keep food handy as well if you please.”

Cassandra then let her mind slip into that of … she wanted to find a name so she started with the closed strand of the spell. To her it looked like a strands of thread the color of gold’s and silvers, so fine and delicate they appeared much like her own, of course hers were better. She soon discovered just how delicate, she would have to go slow.

Pulling on a thread closest to her Cassandra started unweaving until she reached her first piece of the puzzle. Lilith, well now I have a name, she kept talking to the woman as if she could hear her. Maybe she could Cassandra didn’t know but it made her feel better to think Lilith was hearing her and it helped. Cassandra pulled and plucked further and further into the mind of the Lilith and was amazed as some of what she was unraveling but nothing as to why she was sold.

Cassandra had no concept of how long she sleep with in the mind across from her, but by the looks of the room when she opened her eyes it was well passed mid-day and she starved.

“Water, food.”
    Her mind called out to Lawrence.
    Today Is Only Yesterdays Tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lil glanced between the two of them once again before shefelt that small slip into her mind. She opened her mouth to finally speak butshe halted herself as images in her head hit it. Her memories were finally…theywere finally coming. She found herself in that hall again. This time the doors giveor take half of them, were open and releasing to her the younger years of herlife.

She had been abandoned as a child, why she had no idea, buther mother left her on the streets. She hadbeen taken in by a boy not too much older herself by the name of Rhuen. He was the one that had given her name ofLilith. The two of them were best friends and seemed to begin their own littlegroup of orphans that decided to join with them. They made their own littlepack and were the constant pain in their city’s streets. Until they had beencaught. They were captured and soon, in the cells, it was only Lilith and Rhuenthat were still alive but they were wasting away in those dark cells. Lilithdidn’t count the days; hell she didn’t even remember how she and Rhuen weresaved. All she remembered was findingherself in a large, underground society. That was how she and Rhuen met LadyMarina. Lady Marina was known as the Queen of Thieves. Apparently one of her important companions hadbeen captured and they saved him from the cells. They had seen the two teensdown there and saved them as well.

Lilith felt that meeting the Queen of Thieves was just happening.She stared at the elder woman as she sat before her beside a large fire, thegolden jeweled throne she sat in glinting against the flames as her silkclothes looked so soft…After that night, Rhuen and Lilith worked as hard asthey could before becoming one of the top of the Queen’s men by their middletwenties. Rhuen eventually became more than a friend and the two of them had swornthemselves to the other…until the Queen wanted to make Rhuen her own. Itresulted in the death of the elder woman and Lilith ‘the Chameleon’ Rennac wasnow the new Queen of Thieves. She had taken over anything, Rhuen still besideher after everything for a few years more until…

That’swhere everything stopped. That was all that had been opened but it gave her aset of how she was. Her whole life, given back to her in just moments…why didthat make her sad? What else had happened? What had Rhuen been trying to tellher?

“Yes, please, water and food.” She felt like she hadn’teaten in days. It was then that she realized where she was at. But how was sheturned into a slave? Why was she here!? “I want answers.” She growled, lookingbetween the woman and the man. “Why am I here?”

Now if I am to survive
    The infection must die
    The infection must die

Downloads
    Uploads
    ~While Cassandra was working~

“Yes, yes I’m sure she is quite intelligent Cassandra. Also, what part of us being friends this long makes you think I can understand or wish to understand how one can invade another’s mind and forcibly make them do as they wish?” Lawrence asked with a raised brow. “You know I get the night terrors from this kinda talk, I mean what if you decide to mess with me?” He said as he crossed his arms again. “ Anyways, I will make sure you are not disturbed again; now excuse me for I have business to attend to.” Lawrence tilted his head in the semblance of a bow before seeing himself out.

“Lynette, see to some guards and have fresh food brought it once an hour, otherwise they are not to be disturbed.” He knew his old caretaker would be waiting outside for him and he was correct.

“It’ll be done serah, anything else?” The older maid asked as Lawrence began walking.

“Yes, have food and drink brought to the war room and tell General Gesalt he can make his reports now.” Lynette bowed before walking off down a separate corridor. Lawrence made his way through the hallways heading for his room of war, the place he took all his talks of army matters in.

It was below ground floor, one way in and one way out, more importantly though it was private with little chance of someone being able to spy on him and his guests. As he made his way through the corridors towards the War room Lawrence noticed the lack of maids, odd.

It was probably Lynette’s doing, keeping any of the maids away from his lecherous reach of course. Its not like he tried to do anything with them, but it seems despite his best effort he never slept alone. So sad really.

Lawrence put down his smile as he opened a tiny door in the wall, barely noticeable really and closed it behind him. It opened to a narrow passageway; he hated tight spaces, and let out into a fairly large chamber furnished with one large round table in the middle with four chairs. The chairs were each labeled with a large letter on the back. One had an S, another W, E and N. All were placed in the proper place to act as a compass. Another oddity was the large oaken door at the back of the room, he had never been able to open it, not even taking an axe to the door did anything. it was most definantly an Flange of some sort, no wood healed itself after an Axe got stuck in it.

The king walked up to the table and looked at the papers on it, shifting them as he quickly scanned them, his brow furrowing. “This doesn’t bode well.” Lawrence frowned. The papers spoke of civil unrest around the borders, not their sides but the other from both the border with Fal’cile and Gavin. Seems some of their border towns have been growing much larger of late, really late. One small town in Fal’cile was nearly triple in size from what it used to be, nearly a thousand people. The total population of Gavin’s border towns all together nearly numbered ten thousand.

Something was definantly off. “Xavier, thoughts?”
    Last edited by Lakross Saber; 04-23-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Emerging from the shadows, Exavier looked up at his King and long time friend, and after a slight bow of acknolegement said "It gets even worse my king, our enemies have all but abandoned the borders between eachother, and theres a report about large transport ships in both capitals, it seems they are going to invade from the rivers as well." As Xavier said this, he took a better look at his king, he noticed that he was wearing his heavy armor now, rather than his ridiculous court apparell, which Xavier hated not because it not only looked hideous in his eyes, but was impossible to even hide a small knife in, which Xavier thoght was a basic nessesity every article of clothing should have. He also knew that he had just spent most of the day in court, or has he perfered to jokingly called it "Hall of spineless idiots". He knew that they had done nothing but asked for money, so they could milk the crown for all the could before a war started. There were days Xavier wanted to just kill the lot of the nobels, or at least most of them, in one night. He had done it before. Unknown to the public, being a part of the kings royal body gaurd also meant veing in the Claws, the kings personal group of assasins. Xavier being a 5'8.5 man with obsidian hair and dark,oak colored eyes was, despite his appearance, their undisputed leader because of his prowess at stealth,deseption, and of course was the best at makeing the crowns enemies' live's shorter. "By the way, is it really wise to let the trader Malcome leave here with an unslit throat?"
    Last edited by Jamesbond; 04-23-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cassandra heard the woman reply in her mind as she called for Lawrence and quickly cut her off from her mind. “It would seem that we are still connected together Lilith or should I call you Lil?”

Barely being able to move to ingest the food that was steaming next to her, but the water she had no problem grabbing and it tasted heavenly.

After a few moment of rest Cassandra turned toward Lil and managed a small smile. “You want to know why you are here. I am trying to find out the same thing. Who ever locked your mind didn’t want any of what you hiding to be discovered. Lucky for you Malcolm brought you to me.” Or unlucky for me. She added to herself.

“There is much more to do so eat up and we will begin again after I rest for a moment.” After a moment Cassandra asked “How much do you remember so far. I saw bits and pieces but didn’t have the time to digest what I was seeing.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lilith turned back to the woman before setting herself back down in the chair. She didn't like the thought of this woman searching through her minds and seeing her past. Perhaps after all this was over she could have Rhuen or one of the others take care of her. Feeling those sticky hands weave through her brain was seriously pissing her off, even though she knew that the woman was just being 'helpful'.
    But who had been the one to lock her like this? She couldn't remember it and it was just making how she felt worse.
    There really wasn't much else to do but sit down again as she gazed around the room for a moment. She wanted to reach over and grab something to eat and drink but after everything that she had been through in her life...Well, the Queen of Theives wasn't very welcome in most places.
    "Don't call me Lil," She growled softly, giving the child across from her a look. "And just who are you?"
    Last edited by DevilsMustDie; 04-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Now if I am to survive
    The infection must die
    The infection must die

Downloads
    Uploads
    “Don’t worry about Malcolm, Xavier, if there is one thing I have learned its to read people, he’ll be fine as long as he thinks he can get something from us.” Lawrence said with confidence, still staring at the reports as Xavier continued.
    “Its sad really, I rather liked this peace.” Lawrence looked up at his friend and gave a sad smile. “It was refreshing not be in a war, but as my father once said, ‘Peace is just the time to prepare for the next blow.”
    Lawrence’s eyes took a hard edge to them. “And prepare we have.”
    At that time the door opened to reveal another man’s entrance. He was tall, taller the Lawrence and of a much heavier body set and in full war attire, heavy steel plates and long sword at his side. He had dark skin with matching eyes and hair, but wore a brilliant smile that shone even in the low light. “High General Gesalt Albertan, reporting for duty serah.” The man slammed a fist over his heart and bowed, Lawrence turning around and slouching against the table. He wasn’t smiling anymore, this was business.
    “At ease Gesalt, make a full report.”
    The tall man stood back up and visibly relaxed, his eyes taking in the one behind him, he recognized the instant assessment, determining odds of his chance at beating Xavier. The man was no fool, but Xavier did give off a less then threatening aura, compared to the rest of the men here anyway.
    “Forces are at an all time high, with the lack of constant battle our recruiters have been taking in with losing and most are willing to join an army that isn’t at war just for the pay to do nothing but train.” Gesalt rubbed his hairless chin as he continued. “We have nearly a hammer of heavy Calvary, five fists of light. Infantry amounts to a whopping ten hammers and archers are a hammer strong with heavy ships waiting to taste our rivers.”
    Lawrence nodded with approval. A hammer was equal to ten fists and a fist was equal to a thousand troops. Ten thousand heavies, five thousand lights, one hundred thousand worth of infantry and ten thousand archers to boot. Infantry contained pike man and all the assorted grounds troops so honestly he had an army that could match just about anything. Least he thought he did, if both Gavin and Fal’cile were going to strike then he might have a problem.
    Gesalt smiled a dangerous smile. “Any one tries to strike at us and they’ll get a nasty surprise.”
    Lawrence wasn’t to sure. “Xavier,” he turned back to the man. “Have you set up the ‘insurgents’?”
    A stroke of genius on his part, during the time of peace he had ordered that slowly but surely some of his more stealthier troops infiltrate the other countries and should another war occur that they were to start rebellions were ever they were. They knew that it was very possible they would not survive it, after all they would quickly be put down but they weren’t meant to succeed. They were meant to give him an opportunity and if that meant he had to sacrifice them, so be it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cassandra shared a weak smile, “Where are my manners, I am Cassandra De Seysse High Advisor to his Majesty King Lawrence McClain, the key to unlocking your mind so the hostility is really not necessary and frankly I am in no mood for it.” Eating a bit more Cassandra eyed her companion with caution. She was a dangerous woman no doubt about it, some of the things that passed before her while unlocking her memories. She would definitely not under estimate her and yet there are a few things she would like to learn a little more about.

Keeping Lilith out of her mind took some effort due to the depth Cassandra was in but she had to let Lawrence know, “She is dangerous.” Was all she threw at him and then shut off the connection.

“Do you want to finish this or should we just call it a night?” Cassandra was tired but of course she would not allow the woman to leave she didn’t want to make the woman cooperate it made it easier to un weave her mind but either way Cassandra was going to get the answers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "There was one slight problem of betrayel, apparently one of our Gavin captains had fallen in love with one of the local nobel's daughters in Gavin's southeaster region. We do not know everything that his cowardly mouth spilled but he has been silensed." Xavier of course did not mention any details of his "jobs" He always found it unprofessional and arogant, but mostly if he told how he snuck into one of the most impregnable castels in the region and decapitated a man while sleeping next to his now widowed wife and escaping without so much as a servant even noticing him, it might make the general scared of him. This, Xavier learned from experience, was not a good characteristic in an assassin or a bodygaurd. One of his personal rules was to let the enemy always underestimate you, right up to the point to where he finds your blade in his neck. "Other than that..." Xavier confessed "There has been no news on any of our other units. Not one message in at least 2 months, most almost twice as long as that." This greatly disturbed Xavier, even though he knew that everything could be going fine, he would take bad news over no news any day. "I have sent Nicolias and Jennifer to look into the matter however." In the Claws, there are five Tallons. Each Tallon is consider a master assassin and has the rank of major in times of war, with the Sword Tallon (Xavier) being their general. Jennifet Dorez and Nicolias Tamils were the 4th and 2nd best Tallons, and jobs that required more than one Tallon usualy meant that the king was in need of rescue or that a king or general would soon be dead. "Where is our favorite witch by the way?" Xavier inquired.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lawrence frowned at the bad news. “Tis a shame, but we can live without them.” The king scratched at his beard.

“Gesalt, I want an increase in troops ready to move against the borders, get the ships in water and tell them to be alert for anything strange.” Lawrence narrowed his eyes as he went back to the reports.

"Xavier, how quickly can you get to the Gavin Border? From the look of the reports Gavin had amassed the larger numbers, they will likely strike first, hit us and try to draw us into a full conflict with them just so we’ll leave Fal’ciles border less prepared so then Fal’cile can come and hit our other side.”

Gesalt frowned. “The Hammer and Anvil.”

Lawrence nodded; it had been his father’s favorite tactic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I personally could make it there in 4 hours,but if you want me to bring in our remaining Claws we would get there a little after nightfall." Xavier replied. "What did you have in mind?" Xavier could not remember the last time he took the battlefield, but he could not forget the the sights and sounds that go along with battle. Such things he did not want to dwell on, but if it was nessesary he and his commrades would do their duty and march to hell itself if ordered to.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lilith gave a snort. The child had guts, that was for sure, but that didn’t mean that shehad to like her. Hostility not necessary? Whatever this womanhad been doing up until now wasn’t going to help her anywhere. Hostility wasthe new frontier in this simple, little world, and Lilith had been in it longenough to gain control over must of it; the underground sector, anyway. Thislittle girl was either very foolish or she hadn’t seen anything yet.

“Call it a night?” Lilith raised a brow. “You never leavesomething half-done or else you’ll never find yourself returning to take careof it. But, then again, perhaps the poor child is too tired to finish what shestarted.” She smirked.
    Now if I am to survive
    The infection must die
    The infection must die

Downloads
    Uploads
    “Yeah, that would be best if you brought some others with you, this is gonna be a hard one, and if you are to best Gavin you’ll need as much help as you can get.” Lawrence stated as he let out a silent sigh. Then he picked up Cassandra’s voice in his mind and raised a brow.
    “As for you question to our witch, follow and you’ll find out.”
    Lawrence began walking and motioned for Gesalt to follow him as well. “What I’ll need you to do Xavier, is inform a friend Gesalt everything eh will need to know, provide him information on Gavin’s tactics, their troops.” Lawrence frowned. “The automatons.”
    Gesalt raised a brow. “Serah, I know about the automatons.”
    Lawrence looked over his shoulder. “Really? You’ve fought against them, the skulls, the brutes, the pregnants?”
    Gesalt frowned. “Pregnants?”
    Lawrence smiled wickedly. “Yes, the large ones that once they cease function give birth to spider like robots that spray acid. They only get used in defense of the homeland so we haven’t had to fight one in quite a few years. Matter of fact not since my father was reigning.”
    Gesalt narrowed his eyes.
    “Let’s not mention the other ones we haven’t even seen before. Gavin always has a new trick up its sleeve.” Lawrence let his distaste show as he led, quickly passing through the castle hallways. “Gesalt, you’ll be in charge of the defense of our border with Gavin.”
    Gesalt nodded then asked. “What of the border with Fal’cile?”
    Lawrence smiled a bit. “I’ll be leading that one personally.”
    Gesalt’s eyes opened wider, their lord was taking the field. “They won’t stand a chance, serah.”
    “No,” Lawrence said with a grim humor. “They won’t.”
    Lawrence stopped in front of a door and looked back at the two. “Gesalt, that will be all, prepare to move out to the east with half the ground force, and the heavy cavalry.”
    “Won’t you need some heavies?” Gesalt asked.
    Lawrence shook his head. “No, heavies won’t do good against magic, much better against Gavin.”
    Then he opened the door and walked in. "How is our guest?" He asked Cassandra.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast