Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: [Supers!] Astral Projection - what do more points buy you?

Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow [Supers!] Astral Projection - what do more points buy you?

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    I have been playing with Supers! this week, further confirming my belief that John Constantine cannot be rendered in a superhero RPG without having half your points left over.

The power that got me was Astral Projection; is this just a 1D power or do you gain something from having more points in it? It seems to be the only power without actual mechanics for applying the dice you invest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are astrally projected you can still be noticed with appropriate senses. The higher your dice in Astral Projection, the less noticeable you are. There are other things too - like you could use it as your defence (if your astral body is being attacked by non-physical attacks)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, I forgot about using it as a defence option in combat.

I have to say I'm impressed by the system. Simple enough that you can get on with being a superhero, but with enough options that you feel like you have some real choices in character creation and that they make a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious, what did your build look like for Constantine? I haven't tried to play a "normal" in Supers!, so I'm curious what he looks like.

Also I could see using Astral Projection as a means to interact with other "Astral" items/creatures, if such things exist in your game. You could have battles between Astral Forms, with only mental attacks or astral projection (representing the strength of your form) used to resolve a battle.
    Last edited by Dustland; 03-13-2012 at 04:39 PM.