Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    Nox has a full adventurer's kit but looks like it doesn't contain a candle.
    Yeah, I usually don't forget to put a candle or two on my characters, usually for adventuring story reasons.

Also, does the character that Rogur disabled at the beginning of the scene need to be stabilized, or if we are doing subdual damage are they automatically stabilized? If they need to be, then Yrisz might see to that as well.

I'm for completing the short rest, just like Palp suggested, but counting out the coin and making sure we are busy. That way we doing have to carry as many characters out this place.

Umi, like Palp always says, your post usually have at least one word that I have to look up. Umami was knew to me, though it shouldn't have been sense it is actually one of the five basic tastes. Oh well.

Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So let me see if this is the jist? We caught up with you, we bribed the gang to let us go, they have stopped fighting. Now Yrisz is brewing something because she wants to get hammered or something. Now we are on our way home?

Not that it matters anymore, but I am cool with a bribe. Why did they kidnap folks in the first place? Or is that a mystery. Are we just heading back home for a well-deserved rest. Is the Acqua Alta no more?
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    So let me see if this is the jist? We caught up with you, we bribed the gang to let us go, they have stopped fighting. Now Yrisz is brewing something because she wants to get hammered or something. Now we are on our way home?

Not that it matters anymore, but I am cool with a bribe. Why did they kidnap folks in the first place? Or is that a mystery. Are we just heading back home for a well-deserved rest. Is the Acqua Alta no more?
    Okay. Yes. Not Sure. It's over.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    So let me see if this is the jist? We caught up with you, we bribed the gang to let us go, they have stopped fighting.

Yup that is pretty much it, though some nastiness that did pass between the two groups (consisting mostly of deadly rocks and bolts) while you were absent from the narritive.

Now Yrisz is brewing something because she wants to get hammered or something.

Nah, she's checking the contents of the vials that the dragon born was carrying earlier in case they might help wake one of the two sleeping beauties (Zephyr and Nox), as she doesn't happen to be a prince so wake giving kisses are right out. As it is, she might not have need of them yet, though I note that Umi hasn't passed final judgement on our short rest idea. The vials do smell tasty at any rate.

Are we just heading back home for a well-deserved rest. Is the Acqua Alta no more?

Are we one our way back home? I don't much think that has be judicated as of yet, my impression was that we are still very much in a hot zone and that we are working on bribing our way out of it.

As for the Acqua Alta, my impression was that it was still very much in effect, as in there is water ways where walk ways once were, but it was no longer increasing in the valley drowning manor that it had before we secured agreements in Fairy.

I hope that this helps...
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 11-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    p.s. I think we might be jumping the gun a little in our story posts (I could be wrong of course). But I didn't see Umi approve the idea of our short rest yet, and also narratively I haven't seen us take up residence in the north building yet...which we need to do when we are paying out (as you don't want clauds like Yrisz trying to walk over piled money suspended on a wall over water, as I imagine expensive mistakes happening).

I'll post narrative, but I'll respect that I might have to change it to reflect what is happening.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 11-10-2012 at 05:55 PM.

~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #70

This is the seventieth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, November 13th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, November 15th.

Unless there are voices to the contrary, I will assume you continue to follow the directives and make your way to the north building and out of the complex, and I will describe what happens to you or what you find along the way.

You gain the needed time for your rest. The rest passes quietly and you are seemingly left alone in the room. Here is your status before any further healing surges are spent. Unconscious characters will recover when they spend healing surges. In terms of rewards such as experience points or milestones, that will not be settled until you are either defeated or safely away with the captives.

Protagonist Results Summary
    Konstansz has cast Starfire (daily).
    Konstansz has spent 2 healing surges.

Konstanz has taken 11 points of damage.

Noxias has spent 1 Action Point (none remaining).
    Noxias has cast Fireburst (daily), Flaming Sphere (daily)
    Noxias is prone.
    Noxias is unconscious.
    Noxias has spent 4 healing surges.
    Noxias has taken 36 points of damage.

Polon has taken 9 points of damage.

Rogur has expended 1 potion of healing, rope, 7 crossbow bolts and 27 sling bullets.
    Rogur has spent 1 Action Point (none remaining).
    Rogur has employed Trick Strike (daily).
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 2 healing surges.

Rogur has taken 9 points of damage.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has spent 1 Action Point (none remaining).
    Yrisz has cast Cure Light Wounds (daily).
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz has spent 5 healing surges.

Yrisz has taken 13 points of damage.

Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Life Thane Rage (daily).
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zephyr is prone.
    Zephyr is unconscious.
    Zephyr has spent 9 healing surges.
    Zephyr has taken 51 points of damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If Yrisz is not going to give me that potion I'll pay the reaper to join the world of the living once more.
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many healing surges do you intend to pay? Normally, a character spends one to four after a short rest, but I believe Noxias only has two more remaining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    If Yrisz is not going to give me that potion I'll pay the reaper to join the world of the living once more.
    No, I think I'll keep the possible healing potion for a rainy day (whether it is raining water or blood that day is no matter).

My much bigger concern is Zephyr's healing abilities. He needs to use 4 HS to be fully healed and he has but two left. What I was think of doing is maximizing his healing by either casting a maximized (due to her Restful Healing feat) Healer's Mercy on both Noxias and Zephyr (which would be an extra 14 points of healing for the use of your second HS) or I could cast Healing Word on Zephyr alone which would net him an extra 20 points of healing on top of his last healing surge value. I'm hesitant to use both, as that would mean that Yrisz has only one Healing Word available to her until the next short rest (which might be a long long way away, if this one was anything to judge by).

On the other hand, Zephyr would be nearly at full healing then, and he would be able to have fun with his character, which is what this game is all about. I'll have to think about it.

How many HSs does Noxias have left?

Umi, Yrisz will use one of her HS after the short rest for 9 points of healing.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 11-12-2012 at 10:38 PM.

~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    How many healing surges do you intend to pay? Normally, a character spends one to four after a short rest, but I believe Noxias only has two more remaining.

Yea... just one then
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Post #71 for Acqua Alta Finale

This post complements the seventy-first Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, November 17th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, November 19th.

With no last-minute trouble, here are your final results:

Protagonist Results Summary
    Konstansz has cast Starfire (daily).
    Konstansz has spent 2 healing surges.

Konstanz has taken 11 points of damage.

Noxias has spent 1 Action Point (one remaining).
    Noxias has cast Fireburst (daily), Flaming Sphere (daily)
    Noxias has spent 5 healing surges.
    Noxias is bloodied.
    Noxias has taken 21 points of damage.

Polon has spend 1 healing surge.

Rogur has expended 1 potion of healing, rope, 7 crossbow bolts and 27 sling bullets.
    Rogur has spent 1 Action Point (one remaining).
    Rogur has employed Trick Strike (daily).
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 3 healing surges.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has spent 1 Action Point (one remaining).
    Yrisz has cast Cure Light Wounds (daily).
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz has spent 6 healing surges.

Yrisz has taken 4 points of damage.

Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Life Thane Rage (daily).
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zephyr has spent 10 healing surges.
    Zephyr is bloodied.
    Zephyr has taken 37 points of damage.

My favorite dungeon master used to be fond of telling me that if the combined hit points of the party at the end of an adventure was a two-digit number, then I had made the dungeon too easy. However, I will give you credit for successfully negotiating a resolution to the conflict and coming to reasonable terms. For holding your own against the Matchless Gang, bringing the fight to one of their strongholds, and rescuing Polon and the scribes, everyone gains 375 experience points. Congratulations.

From this point onward, Rogur and Yrisz's level will be calculated directly from their experience points. Noxias and Konstansz's levels will be boosted to keep up with the rest of the party's a while longer, of course, and regarding that, Noxias has now reached level 4.

Assuming you don't get up to too much mischief along the way, you leave the place in peace, bring Polon and the scribes to the scriptorium where they are reunited with Duvek, Iniusy, Lywthast and the others, and can, for any who are interested, return safely to the Inn of the Second Candle. For bringing Acqua Alta to a close, a second and hearty congratulations.

The next adventure will begin some two weeks later. The river has returned to normal, and the muddy ground is fast-drying in the summer heat. The torrential rains of the Path of Storms are fast becoming a dim memory, and the inhabitants of Beilston are hard at work rebuilding their sprawling city around the Mound.

For now, you have two sets of tasks to take care of.

Most importantly, you need to decide where to go next. Will you remain in Beilston as it is rebuilt, or will you set out? While you have the freedom to make this decision, there are two requirements. First, there must be a reason that I will acknowledge for where you choose to go. No "heading west because that's where the sun sets." I of course understand that Noxias has no particular reason to favor one direction over another, but I believe the rest of you do. Second, it must be a place agreed upon by all of you.

For now, I will give you some grounding in where you are. Beilston lies in the western half of the Beil Valley, on the south bank of the great Yu River which flows down from the higher mountains.
    • Upriver lies Byswell Town, a town where Septsmen gather to trade with the Imperials. Zephyr, Konstansz and Yrisz came from there, so have little reason to return.
    • Downriver you descend through further locks to the Yu Valley, a pastoral land that provides much in the way of agriculture to these alpine settlements. Rogur traveled up from there on his personal mission, so he would be loathe to return with nothing to show for it.
    • The south side of the river contains most of the settled lands. South of Beilston is the manor and holdings of the noble ruler of the valley. To the southeast are a number of smaller communities.
    • On the north, the land is wilder and less settled. The side opposite Beilston is relatively barren moraine, but as you travel to the east, the trees quickly take over. Here, on the north bank of the river, is Temple Landing and a short distance away, the Temple of Lightning's Spear.

Also, over the next session or two, I will take care of some of the bookkeeping. Some of your soaked equipment will certainly need to be replaced, and there are also two weeks' worth of living expenses to consider. Furthermore, there is little reason for Zephyr to continue to carry all your monies. Please divide up the spoils. Those are healing potions, by the way.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about locking Acqua Alta Finale immediately. I will do so in a few days' time. In any case, that is the last post I intend to make there.

Prior to it being locked, you can make what posts you would, if you wish to. I only ask that your posts can lead to a conclusion of sorts. I don't wish to lock things up on a hanging question.

Also, if you truly wish to continue with the events of today, that is one of the options. That's up to you as a group, though, and like any of the choices above, requires the consensus of the party. Whatever happens as a result of that will derive almost entirely from your actions; the adventure itself is successfully concluded.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hooray!

Without a clear objective in mind, I think it is prudent to explore a PC's personal objective. I.e. help Rogur find out what he needs to find out. That may require some more investigation here in the mound, but may take us elsewhere.

I can't remember anyone else's "goals". My personal goal may benefit from meeting with the Noble of the land. Or at least meeting up with someone "highborn".

But considering my huge lapse in posting, I totally understand if my goals get put on the backburner.

In any case, I would like to resolve bring Polon back to his Father. To me that has been a long standing goal. It would be nice to resolve that (unless that is something I missed...).
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did Konstansz ever figure out about the shipment? Rescuing Polon was a side goal. Her main goal was researching the fate of a shipment of 'alchemical' supplies (for making homunculii?).

(but definitely Konstansz also wants to bring Polon back to his father)
    Last edited by cutopia; 11-14-2012 at 12:06 PM.