Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    So, Noxias is not going to move, and he will still try to move north. However, if the consensus of the rest of the party is to regroup in the southern room then Noxias will change his mind and double move south again.

Polon will still make Dire Radiance ready for the first bad guy to be in range.

Yes, Noxias will fight from the catwalk if Konstansz does not make a move unless Rogur/Zeph encourage everyone to move one way or the other.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, it sounds like you want to make your stand here, as opposed to retreating through the complex and rescuing the scribes, is that correct? I'm down with that, as long as we rescue the scribes afterwards. --T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Polon never had the move to make it onto the bridge anyway. So he was pretty much going to have to fight in the southern room. When you say retreat are you saying that you mean to go north, away from whatever group is pursuing Zeph and Polon?
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    Polon never had the move to make it onto the bridge anyway. So he was pretty much going to have to fight in the southern room. When you say retreat are you saying that you mean to go north, away from whatever group is pursuing Zeph and Polon?
    I should have said "retrace", as in "retrace Zephyr and Polon's journey through the complex" rather than "retreat." We just need to figure out how we're going to get back to the scribes; wait here for the Gang to find us, or take the fight to them. It sounds like we're waiting here, perhaps in ambush, which is fine.

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I had very much forgot about the scribes, and I've purposefully not been reading Zephyr's story posts until Yrisz was part of them (I believe I posted that earlier) so I hadn't been reminded. That said, it sounds to me like we are headed to the south room and waiting for the battle to come to us? If we are even more lucky we will have time for short rest while we wait.

But this does mean that Yrisz is very much on the wrong side of the bridge. If that's the case, Umi, then I think Yrisz will have the remainder of this and next turn set for her. Which is moving south 'carefully' with all the actions she has available to her.

I can live with the comedic element to all this.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #63

This is the sixty-third Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, October 16th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, October 18th.

Cutopia, I vaguely recall you gave me some directions about your character's disposition this weekend, but now I can't remember them clearly. Was it to the effect of "back up and let Noxias by?" If not, please let me know.

I'm really busy this week. (Edit -- I expect I'll also be really busy next week, and probably through early December. I think I should probably takes things one at a time, but I don't want to give the incorrect impression that this is just going to be some once-off occurrence.) I do want to move this round forward, but it feels like doing so now would take a lot of energy on my part, and lead to a bit of anguish on your part if I do it before you've reached a consensus on which room you want to face these people in, if indeed they're coming. If I've misread something and there was a consensus reached already, please spell it out for me.

So talk it through, revise your actions for this round if necessary, and we'll take it from there. I don't think it's a spoiler to say this adventure is coming to its conclusion, so even though I do want to get the rounds taken care of faster, I'm willing to spend a bit of extra time to get things right. Basically, I'd like to be done by Halloween; I'll accept being done by Thanksgiving; and we're going to be done by the end of the calendar year, one way or the other. Then, with whomever is still on board, we'll talk about the next (much shorter) adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    Rogur had picked up two ropes at some point during his journey (I want to say it was while we were underground) and he did indeed lose one of them at some point--my records show he has one in his pack. Is there a place to secure a rope on the ramshackle walls/doors on either side of the bridge? And if we do so, will it provide a bonus to acrobatics checks to cross the bridge at full speed?

. . .

Based on my reading of the story thread, we left the scribes back in the room where Zephyr regained consciousness with Polon. Will Zephyr and Polon be able to find their way back leading the rest of the party, or will we be at the mercy of perception checks again?

. . .
    I do recall there was a length of rope in the cache you discovered after fighting the giant centipedes below the Garden of Preparation, and I do see it listed in your character sheet, so my mistake. When I post the finalized round, I'll update your actions accordingly. Now is a good time to note that you can hold the rope with one arm, but you'll need both hands free to use it under most circumstances, unless you're just giving it to somebody.

Even though the place has a labyrinthine feel to it, Zephyr and Polon's route was recent enough that they'll be able to backtrack without any chance of error.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 10-15-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Umiushi. I hope your schedule allows you to maintain your sanity, especially as we move into the holiday season.

Rogur's initial plan was to secure the rope to some part of the structure, if doing so provides bonuses to people crossing the bridge. However, let's ignore that, in light of the revised plan and Ithelryn's stated intention to have Yrisz move slowly back across the bridge. Rogur will stow the rope next round.

I think our majority opinion (cutopia hasn't weighed in, but I think the remaining players have all agreed) is that we are going to stand fast here and wait for the pursuing Matchless Gang members to find us. I think our plan is to let round 19 play out, and use round 20 to reposition ourselves for their imminent arrival. I'll adjust actions later if I've misinterpreted our collective intent, but in the interests of speeding things along, I'll post these actions for now:

Rogur, Round Twenty
    Free: Call out to group
    Minor: Stow rope
    Move: None.
    * Rogur - Stealth - Hide from enemies *

Standard: Ready an action. Trigger, an enemy appears in range:
    * Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC (incl. Combat Advantage from stealth, does not incl. penalty for cover) *
    * Rogur - Ranged damage *
    * Rogur - Sneak Attack damage *

Zephyr, Round Twenty
    Free: None
    Minor: None
    Move: S, SW, SW, S, S. Zephyr is now E of the door.
    Standard: Ready an action. Trigger, an enemy appears adjacent to Zephyr:
    * Zephyr - Howl of Fury melee vs. AC (Does not incl. penalty for cover) *
    * Zephyr - Melee damage; All enemies in close blast 3, except for target, take 3 thunder dmg *

--T

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    10-15-2012 08:23 AM
    Rogur - Stealth - Hide from enemies: 1d20 (12)+ 11 (11) = 23
    Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC (incl. Combat Advantage from stealth, does not incl. penalty for cover): 1d20 (15)+ 9 (9)+ 2 (2) = 26
    Rogur - Ranged damage: 1d6 (1)+ 7 (7) = 8
    Rogur - Sneak Attack damage: 2d8 (4,6 = 10)
    Zephyr - Howl of Fury melee vs. AC (Does not incl. penalty for cover): 1d20 (7)+ 10 (10) = 17
    Zephyr - Melee damage; All enemies in close blast 3, except for target, take 3 thunder dmg: 1d12 (1)+ 5 (5) = 6

Downloads
    Uploads
    If someone will be kind enough to reprimand Nox in the IC thread I'll change my action to:

Nox
    Doble Move South
    Polon
    Since he has one extra move left, let's have him move off to the side so that people can have a clear path through the bridge and then he can ready the Dire Radiance like he has been trying to do.

It sounds like Aqua Alta is beginning to end, so does that mean we will start another campaign with the same characters after this or will it be like a full reboot?
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    It sounds like Aqua Alta is beginning to end, so does that mean we will start another campaign with the same characters after this or will it be like a full reboot?
    This is as good a place as any to draw the distinction between a campaign and an adventure. Right now, we're playing the Acqua Alta adventure of the Unquiet Lands campaign. A campaign, as I consider it, is a sequential series of related adventures within a setting.

After Acqua Alta concludes, my intention is to begin the second adventure of this campaign. Players are free to change characters; however, my assumption is that everyone will continue with their present characters. Part of what links adventures in a campaign is that continuity of participants.

In the special case that all the players decide they would like to terminate the campaign, I am willing to do so. However, this must be a unanimous decision. If even a single player wishes to continue, I will continue the campaign with that single player. At this point in time, changing the campaign is synonymous with changing the setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't fell like I've played Nox very much so I would like to continue. But keeping the players together is higher on my list of priorities so if everyone else would like to start over with new characters then I would be willing to go along with it.
    Quote:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I've totally missed something (again), other then we haven't seen some of our greeters from when we first arrived, how do we know that somebody is currently coming for us? I missed the indication I'm afraid.

If not, shouldn't we grab the scribes and see if we can run with them? I mean, I do see some use in there current inert 'we aren't going to cut them down because they aren't trying to escape' state, but should we try ???

That all said, if we've agreed that we are going to wait in the South Tower, Yrisz will run across. If we are going to hold out in the North Tower (i.e. the one we've cleared completely) then somebody aught to grab scribes and run back...

Sorry to confuse things as normal...

Good luck with the busy stuff Umi!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Ithelryn,

The scribes are in the southern part of the complex, as near as I can tell. We can't easily retrieve them, however, since Polon informed Zephyr that they were being pursued during one of the recent in-game posts; Zephyr subsequently relayed that information to Rogur when they reunited.

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    Hi Ithelryn,

The scribes are in the southern part of the complex, as near as I can tell. We can't easily retrieve them, however, since Polon informed Zephyr that they were being pursued during one of the recent in-game posts; Zephyr subsequently relayed that information to Rogur when they reunited.

--T
    Ah, so to the south to free the scribes and face Polon's pursuers, probably not in that order.

Umi, I guess it is decided. Yrisz will spend the one action she has available 'this' round and the two (move and standard) from the beginning of the next to start making her way carefully to the south tower on the treacherous wall.

So we position ourselves for some sort of ambush (when some of us get there). Players ambushing, wow. That's usually the domain of the villains, not that I have anything against it as it seems to work rather well for them, minus the end part where we beat them ;-)

Be well all.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #64

This is the sixty-fourth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, October 20th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, October 22nd.

Cutopia will be on vacation until next week. Either Ithelryn or I will run her until she gets back. Your choice, Ithelryn.

After the crossbow-wielding goon collapses to the ground from Rogur's well-placed shot, it gets very quiet in the building.

Map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-19b.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	3847

Round Nineteen Combat Summary

Yrisz (Initiative Count 22)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Action Point (encounter), Channel Divinity (encounter), Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), Healing Word (encounter - none left), Second Wind (encounter), 5 healing surges
    Hands Free: one
    Held: holy symbol (worn), mace
    13 points of damage

Move Action: stay near the door frame. (Cost 2; normal - N, E.)

Konstansz (Initiative Count 18)
    Expended: Starfire, 2 healing surges
    Held: rod
    4 temporary hit points

Start of Turn: Konstansz is no longer walking in shadow.

Move Action: stand up. (Konstansz is no longer prone.)

Move Action: cross the bridge. (Cost 1; normal - S.)

Rogur (Initiative Count 7+)
    Expended: rope(one 50' length remaining), 1 potion of healing, 7 crossbow bolts, 26 sling bullets, Action Point (encounter), 2 healing surges, Positioning Strike (encounter), Second Wind (encounter), Trick Strike, Trickster's Blade (encounter)
    Held: sling (loaded)
    9 points of damage

Move Action: enter the room. (Cost 2; Fleeting Ghost - S, W. Rogur makes a Stealth Check to hide.)

Standard Action: ready action. (Trigger - first enemy comes within view. Sly Flourish, targeting triggering enemy.)

I understand that Rogur does have rope to take out, but considering that using it is no longer his intent, we might as well save some minor actions.

Zephyr (Initiative Count 7)
    Expended: rope, sun rod, Action Point (encounter), Arcane Prodigy (encounter), Escalating Violence (encounter), Flame Spiral (encounter), Life Thane Rage, Savage Growl (encounter), 9 healing surges
    Hands Free: none
    Held: heavy war pick
    13 points of damage

Move Action: head north. (Cost 6; normal - N, 3xNE, 2xN; one square of challenging terrain. Acrobatics Check - unsuccessful. Zephyr falls prone.)

Move Action: stand up.

Polon (Initiative Count 5+)
    Expended: none
    Hands Free: both
    Held: nothing

Move Action: follow Zephyr. (Cost 6; normal - W, 2xN, 3xNE.)

Standard Action: ready action. (Trigger - first goon comes within view. Dire Radiance, targeting triggering enemy.)

End of Turn: Polon is no longer at -2 to attacks.

Noxias (Initiative Count 5)

Expended: Action Point (encounter), 4 healing surges, Chill Strike (encounter), Fey Step (encounter), Fireburst, Flaming Sphere, Second Wind (encounter), Shield (encounter)
    Held: staff
    27 points of damage

Double Move Action: head south. (Cost 3; normal - 3xS.)

Yrisz (Revised Initiative Count 4)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Action Point (encounter), Channel Divinity (encounter), Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), Healing Word (encounter - none left), Second Wind (encounter), 5 healing surges
    Held: holy symbol (worn), mace
    13 points of damage

Move Action: follow Konstansz. (Cost 3; normal - E, 2xS.)

#9 - Crossbowwoman (Initiative Count 3)
    Held: crossbow (loaded)
    31 points of damage

Move Action: come into view. (normal movement)
    Rogur's Immediate Action (reaction trigger - Sly Flourish) Ranged Sling vs. AC at distance 5 - critical hit with Sneak Attack. #9 is knocked out by 29 points of damage and 2 points of thunder damage. Rogur's initiative count is set to 3.

Protagonist Results Summary
    Konstansz has cast Starfire (daily).
    Konstansz has spent 2 healing surges.

Konstanz has taken 11 points of damage.

Konstansz has 4 temporary hit points

Noxias has spent 1 Action Point (none remaining).
    Noxias has cast Chill Strike, Fireburst (daily), Flaming Sphere (daily), and Shield.
    Noxias has used Fey Step, and Second Wind.
    Noxias is bloodied.
    Noxias has spent 4 healing surges.
    Noxias has taken 27 points of damage.

Polon has taken 9 points of damage.

Rogur has expended 1 potion of healing, rope, 7 crossbow bolts and 27 sling bullets.
    Rogur has spent 1 Action Point (none remaining).
    Rogur has employed Positioning Strike, Second Wind, Trick Strike (daily), and Trickster's Blade.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 2 healing surges.

Rogur has taken 9 points of damage.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has spent 1 Action Point (none remaining).
    Yrisz has cast Channel Divinity, Cure Light Wounds (daily), and Exacting Utterance.
    Yrisz has used two Healing Words and her Second Wind.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz is #4's quarry.
    Yrisz has spent 5 healing surges.

Yrisz has taken 13 points of damage.

Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Arcane Prodigy, Escalating Violence, Flame Spiral, Life Thane Rage (daily), and Savage Growl.
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zephyr has spent 9 healing surges.
    Zephyr has taken 13 points of damage.

Enemy Negative Effects Summary
    #1 is out of combat.

#2 is dead.

#4 is cursed.

#6 is unconscious.

#7 is dead.

#8 Tinog is dead.

#9 is unconscious.

Enemy Damage Summary

#1 - out of combat with 51 points of damage

#2 - slain by 46 points of damage

#3 - 6 points of damage

#6 - unconscious with 49 points of damage

#7 - slain by 10 points of damage

#8 - Tinog was slain by 38 points of damage.

#9 - unconscious with 31 points of damage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well we at least have #4 to take care of still.

So lets do Rogur, Polon, Zeph, Nox and the ladies can fight about who gets to bring up the rear.

Polon will wait for Rogur to go then follow on his heels and Nox will wait for Zeph to get out of the way and then continue on behind the vanguard. Probably as a double move since it'll be 2 on the bridge and up to 6 as a standard action.

I think it's pretty much move actions for my two PCs but I'll again do the Dire Radiance trigger for Polon on the first sight of #4 or anyone who is a threat.

* Atk *

* Dmg+striker *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    10-19-2012 11:28 AM
    Atk: 1d20 (14)+ 8 (8) = 22
    Dmg+striker: 1d6 (1)+ 5 (5)+ 1d6 (4) = 10
    Quote: