Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    OOC Post #1 for Acqua Alta Finale
    This post complements the first main post in the Acqua Alta Finale thread. Players' posts in open threads are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, March 6th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Friday, March 9th.

Remember to read both these first posts in the new threads and the final posts in the original Acqua Alta threads.

This week will probably be the busiest week I have until summer. Therefore, my next post may be as late as one day, as reflected in the due dates given above. I have kept the players' due dates the same, but in practice this means that you have quite a few days of leeway, this week.

As before, traveling across the portals would restore all of your healing surges and daily powers, should you have spent any.

However, the minor magical items of the Feywild may be disenchanted by the transition back to Aucothia. Stronger magical items, such as the Acrobat Boots, are not at risk. Items that have long been in the possession of a Feywild inhabitant, such as Noxias, are also not affected.

The two Gray Rain Cloaks, the Wine Raisin, and the Everburning Torch may lose their magic. To offset this, the characters who carry those items may spend one healing surge, each, while in the Amber Room. A single healing surge will be sufficient bind all items carried by that character closely enough to them that they will retain their powers. If the character elects not to spend a healing surge, each of the above items must make a saving throw or its enchantment will be lost.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 03-05-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umiushi, I notice you are particularly quiet on the subject of the 2 gold ducats the party brought with us from the Feywild. Should we assume that silence means nothing untoward has happened to them, or shall we assume silence means we haven't discovered any possible ill effects yet?

Rogur will spend a healing surge for his Gray Rain Cloak. Here's a save for the Wine Raisin.
    * Save vs. Disenchantment - Wine Raisin *

I meant to ask for your ruling on two things:
    1. Does the Gray Rain Cloak keep a wearer dry from puddles caused by rain, or only from direct downpour? I'm assuming the latter.
    2. Do items dissolved in the puddle created by a Rain Cloak (e.g., dirt from washing hands, or a Wine Raisin, to pick a random example) remain when the puddle is converted back into cloak form and then again back into puddle form? Would such impurities affect the color of the cloak?

--T

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Sorry for the double-post. I didn't read Umiushi's post carefully enough, it seems. Rogur's single healing surge will suffice for both the Wine Raisin and the Rain Cloak.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-05-2012 04:47 PM
    Save vs. Disenchantment - Wine Raisin: 1d20 (10)
    03-05-2012 04:58 PM
    Save vs. Disenchantment - Wine Raisin: 1d20 (17)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    Umiushi, I notice you are particularly quiet on the subject of the 2 gold ducats the party brought with us from the Feywild. Should we assume that silence means nothing untoward has happened to them, or shall we assume silence means we haven't discovered any possible ill effects yet?

I meant to ask for your ruling on two things:
    1. Does the Gray Rain Cloak keep a wearer dry from puddles caused by rain, or only from direct downpour? I'm assuming the latter.
    2. Do items dissolved in the puddle created by a Rain Cloak (e.g., dirt from washing hands, or a Wine Raisin, to pick a random example) remain when the puddle is converted back into cloak form and then again back into puddle form? Would such impurities affect the color of the cloak?
    Two lead coins won't burst a belt pouch, but there's no suspense to preserve, so I'll go ahead and report what happens. The ducats have indeed transformed themselves into leaden copies. Each coin now weighs as much as five normal coins.

You got the impression that the cloak is only supposed to keep you dry in a rainstorm.

The shopkeeper gave some assurances about the cloak not getting muddy. You could take that to mean impurities introduced when the cloak is in puddle form do not stay with the cloak when the cloak returns to its clothing form.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll spend a HS for the ever burning torch

Also, (just asking) did we get the quest XP when we killed Eirwin (or whatever her name was), or is there something else we need to do to "complete" that quest.
    Last edited by yukonhorror; 03-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz is carrying the torch. I had originally thought I was holding it, which would have allowed my HS to catch the cloak, torch and raisin. C'est la vie.

We got both encounter XP for defeating Eirin Tuwi and quest XP for stopping the Twilight's Tryst ritual.

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WELL,

welcome to level 4 buddy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    The ducats have indeed transformed themselves into leaden copies.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Post #2 for Acqua Alta Finale

This post complements the second Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, March 10th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, March 12th.

I'm quite aware that I'm jumping the gun here. Here are the posts that I pretty much explicitly said would come out this Friday.

I'm approaching a perfect storm of offline commitments just as the online situation is picking up. Therefore, I'm going to have to dump a fair amount into the players' hands for the next several days.

The absolute worst case scenario is that I won't be able to post again for eleven or twelve days. That means two canceled posting periods. However, I think it is more likely that I will be able to make those due dates, but possibly with abbreviated posts.

At this point, you are joined by the two new PCs, played by Cutopia and Isrealjacob. They come rushing out of the corridor into the room, armed and ready for a fight. However, it does not look like the fight they are ready for is with any of you. Please roll initiative.

Normally I'd describe them in more detail, but this time I'd prefer to leave that to the players in question. However, this post has probably caught them quite unprepared. Therefore, please be patient for the rest of the week.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    * Rogur: init *

03-06-2012 11:02 PM
    Rogur: init: 1d20 (7)+ 6 (6) = 13

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I was catching up and I missed the posting period....sorry....

Yrisz will spend thing HS for the items she's carrying, which I think might be a torch and most definitely the cloak.

And of course...
    * Initiative *

03-06-2012 11:34 PM
    Initiative : 1d20 (19)+ 1 (1) = 20
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea, Nox's first initiative!
    * Initiative *

03-07-2012 12:31 AM
    Initiative: 1d20 (18)+ 2 (2) = 20
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    * initiative? *

been a while since I have rolled anything

03-07-2012 08:38 AM
    initiative? : 1d20 (6)+ 3 (3) = 9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do attacks that target "creatures" also attack party members if they are close to it's area of effect?

I'm curious if the word "creature" has a significant technical meaning or if it just means really anything that is living.
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, otherwise it says "enemies". Close, no, but IN area of effect, yes. So be careful where you point that thing .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I'll wait for the map to show up before I start swinging my stick around.
    Quote:

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast