Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Post #8 for Acqua Alta Finale

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    This post complements the eighth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, March 31st. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, April 2nd.

Map:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagusL2-5a.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	3628

Round Five Summary

Yrisz reenters the initiative order.

Yrisz (Initiative Count 27)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: one
    Held: everburning torch, holy symbol (worn)

Double Move Action: head down the stairs to join the last rank. (Cost 7; normal - NW, SW, SE, E; 3 squares of difficult terrain.)

Rogur (Initiative Count 26)

Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 20 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling

Free Action: reload sling

Move Action: duck into the northernmost corridor pillar. (Cost 3; Fleeting Ghost - 2xS, SE. Rogur is trying to hide.)

Standard Action: shoot with a Sly Flourish against thug #5. (Ranged Sling +2 vs. AC -2 with combat advantage at distance 7 - critical hit. Rogur rolls 2 and thug #5 is bloodied by 29 points of damage and 2 points of thunder damage. Rogur is no longer hiding.)

Marc (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: none
    Held: longsword
    6 points of damage

Move Action: engage the dwarf. (Cost 1; shift - SW.)

Standard Action: attack thug #5. (Melee Basic Heavy Blade vs. AC -2 - Misses.)

End of Turn: Thug #5 remains marked.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 10)
    Hands Free: none
    Held: rod, everburning torch

Minor Action: lay Warlock's Curse on closest thug. (Curse laid on thug #5 at distance 8.)

Fate of the Void: Konstansz adds +2 to her Eldritch Blast attack.

Standard Action: cast Eldritch Blast on thug #5. (Ranged Rod +2 vs. Reflex -2 at distance 8 - misses.)

Zephyr (Initiative Count 9)
    Expended: rope, sun rod, Acid Orb (encounter), Arcane Prodigy (encounter), Escalating Violence (encounter), Flame Spiral (encounter), Roar of Triumph (encounter)
    Held: heavy war pick
    12 points of damage

(From prior round) Move Action: close with thug #4. (Cost 3; normal - 3xS.)

Minor Action: wield heavy war pick.

Move Action: pursue the thug in the library. (Cost 5; normal - S, SW, W, 2xNW.)

Standard Action: attack thug #4 with Escalating Violence. (Melee Pick vs. AC -2 - hits. Thug #4 is knocked unconscious by 12 points of damage. Zephyr is affected by Escalating Violence.)

End of Turn: Flame Spiral and Roar of Triumph expire.

Noxias (Initiative Count 6+)
    Held: staff

Minor Action: sustain Flaming Sphere.

Move Action: run down the corridor. (Cost 8; running - 8xS.)

Move Action: send Flaming Sphere into the library. (Cost 6; normal - 3xS, SW, 2xW.)

The dwarf is visibly bloodied, so Noxias sends the flaming sphere into the library.

#4 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 5+)
    Expended: 1 sling bullet
    12 points of damage

No Actions

#5 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 5)

Expended: 2 quarrels
    Held: warhammer
    31 points of damage

Minor Action: stow crossbow.

Minor Action: draw warhammer.

Standard Action: attack Marc. (Melee Basic Hammer vs. AC - misses by 1.)

PC Results Summary
    Konstansz has taken 17 points of damage.

Marc is using non-lethal attacks.
    Marc has taken 6 points of damage.

Noxias is sustaining a Flaming Sphere (daily).
    Noxias is running.

Rogur has expended 7 crossbow bolts and 20 sling bullets.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has total concealment.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz has spent 1 healing surge.

Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has cast Acid Orb and Flame Spiral.
    Zephyr has expended Arcane Prodigy, Escalating Violence, and Roar of Triumph.
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr is using Escalating Violence.
    Zephyr has taken 12 points of damage.

Enemy Negative Effects Summary
    Matchless Gang Thug #1 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #2 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #3 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #4 is unconscious.

Matchless Gang Thug #5 is marked by Marc.
    Matchless Gang Thug $5 is bloodied
    Matchless Gang Thug #5 is cursed.

Enemy Damage Summary
    Matchless Gang Thug #1 - slain by 37 points of damage

Matchless Gang Thug #2 - slain by 21 points of damage.

Matchless Gang Thug #3 - slain by 9 points of damage.

Matchless Gang Thug #4 - unconscious from 12 points of damage.

Matchless Gang Thug #5 - 31 points of damage
    Last edited by Umiushi; 03-30-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Rogur is no longer hiding after an attack.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That'll learn them goldurn Matchless Gangers!

Rogur, Round 6
    Move: 4S (Fleeting Ghost). Use Stealth to hide from #5.
    Minor: None
    Free: Reload sling
    Standard: Sly Flourish vs. #5
    * Rogur - Stealth *
    * Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC *
    * Rogur - Ranged damage *
    * Rogur - Sneak Attack damage *

Assuming the dwarf goes down this round (not guaranteed, of course, but just in case), we need to give some thought to a few loose ends here. Note that these are issues that may concern the party or individual members of the party, but Rogur isn't terribly interested one way or the other about most of them:

* The condition of Iniusy (Duvek's wife): Has her cough/sickness worsened?
    * Duvek himself: Did the thugs attack him?
    * Have they heard from Polon? Do we care, other than to report to Duvek that we didn't find any trace of him in Fey? He did say when he departed that he was going to see about the Acqua Alta, so there's some question about where he actually ended up.
    * Any fallout from Erszebet's demise?
    * Any fallout from the attack on the Garden of Preparation?
    * Did anybody notice that we just, like, saved the Valley from certain annihilation?
    * Is anybody hereabouts concerned with the now-dissolved compact that gave Fey power over the Yu? Do we need to get word to the mayor/council/local ruling body?

--T

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-30-2012 07:02 AM
    Rogur - Stealth: 1d20 (15)+ 11 (11) = 26
    Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC: 1d20 (18)+ 9 (9) = 27
    Rogur - Ranged damage: 1d6 (4)+ 7 (7) = 11
    Rogur - Sneak Attack damage: 2d8 (8,6 = 14)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what is happening with that ball of fire, but I am thinking do this for my turn as you guys seem to have 5 well covered

I am assuming these were minions. I haven't technically spent an AP yet, have I?

Std: Second wind
    Move: towards #5 Obviously don't park near ball of fire.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nox's Turn:
    Std: Delay, Ready Chill Strike against #5. Trigger if 5 is not subdued before hand and attempts to attack.
    Minor: Sustain
    Move: Move sphere 1 SE.

I would like to respect my teammates desire to keep #5 alive for questioning so I am hoping that someone dealing non-lethal damage will be able to subdue the dwarf. If he can't be subdued then dead would be fine with Nox. Also I think it would be better to keep 5 alive and kill 4 but either way is fine.

If we have "prisoners" what happens after combat? Do we keep them, turn them in, throw them off the tower? How does that work as a game mechanic?

* Chill Strike if needed *

* Cold Damage *

If successful, target will be dazed until next turn, so maybe we could tie him up or something?

Edit: You know what, I realized that moving the sphere would potentially put someone adjacent to it so I will keep it where it is.

03-30-2012 06:46 PM
    Chill Strike if needed: 1d20 (15)+ 6 (6) = 21
    Cold Damage: 2d8 (5,8 = 13) + 5 (5) = 18
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    If we have "prisoners" what happens after combat? Do we keep them, turn them in, throw them off the tower? How does that work as a game mechanic?
    The concept of prisoners is beyond the scope of the game mechanics; it is a question of role-playing. Specific activities involving prisoners, e.g. tying them up or questioning them, often fall under the purview of ability/skill checks or challenges. Overall treatment of prisoners may affect a character's alignment, especially as such matters are generally considered to be performed at a character's convenience, as opposed to out of immediate necessity (i.e. in combat). Assuming a party's treatment of prisoners becomes known to others, the party may establish a reputation that could affect their own treatment should the unlucky day come when the party itself is taken prisoner by a more powerful foe.

Additionally, those characters who are natives of Aucothia will be aware that the literal taking of prisoners within a settlement has no legal standing. It is not treated differently from kidnapping. In self-defense, assailants may be subdued and restrained for as long as it takes for them to be turned over to the city watch or other authorities.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 03-30-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, this seems to be rolling up nicely (I did use the word 'seems' mind you).

Am….as for Yrisz turn. I'll keep it simple as things seem to be running down.

Minor: Healing Word Konstansz

Move: S, S, S, S, and S
    Standard: Astral Seal #5
    * Astral Seal Wis+2 vs Thug #5's Ref *

* Healing Word Konstansz *

Healing Word: 2X Encounter (Divine, Healing), minor action, Close Burst 5, Person or one ally, effect: Target spends healing surge +1d6 hit points. (plus Wis hit points due to Healer's Lore and plus 1d6 + chr healing from Pacifist Healer, Surge+2d6+7)

◦ Symbol of the Holy Nimbus (Yrisz - Healing Words) Whenever Yrisz speaks a Healing Word, Yrisz and all allies within 5 squares gain 4 temporary hit points.

Astral Seal: (Divine, Healing, Implement), Standard Action, range 5, one creature, Wis+2 vs. Ref, Hit: Target takes -2 to all defense until the end of your next turn, the next ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains 2 + Chr hit points.
    (Current True Healing 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post

* The condition of Iniusy (Duvek's wife): Has her cough/sickness worsened?
    * Duvek himself: Did the thugs attack him?
    * Have they heard from Polon? Do we care, other than to report to Duvek that we didn't find any trace of him in Fey? He did say when he departed that he was going to see about the Acqua Alta, so there's some question about where he actually ended up.
    * Any fallout from Erszebet's demise?
    * Any fallout from the attack on the Garden of Preparation?
    * Did anybody notice that we just, like, saved the Valley from certain annihilation?
    * Is anybody hereabouts concerned with the now-dissolved compact that gave Fey power over the Yu? Do we need to get word to the mayor/council/local ruling body?

--T
    As for most of the questions, I thought time would answer some of them for as we re-explored the E's tower. This includes the fallout of E's demise and our counter attack in The Garden. That said Yrisz is quite interested in touch base with Duvek and surveying the damages that the waters caused Tower and Town (clearly we were fast enough to save these Matchless Gang water rats).

As for the questions regarding the Fey's stewardship of the Yu or credit for saving The Valley, I was kind of hoping we could stay with the 'unsung hero' approach. Being a party mostly consisting of foreigners, I can imagine a bunch of lovely ways owning up to such things could go in unwished for directions, party because the bureaucracy of the Empire seems like the type entity that makes your life very complicated very quickly when it notices you. Ending the Fey's stewardship of the Yu seems like a fine way to get noticed…though not telling them might provide its own hazards. Definitely food for thought and further in-character conversations Palp.

03-31-2012 06:16 PM
    Astral Seal Wis+2 vs Thug #5's Ref : 1d20 (10)+ 7 (7)+ 2 (2) = 19
    Healing Word Konstansz : 2d6 (1,5 = 6) + 4 (4)+ 3 (3) = 13

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is past the players' posting time, but I feel that Konstansz and Marc's actions will strongly determine the course of this round. I will begin preparing the round summary on Sunday night. Please try to get your actions in prior to that time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Konstansz will move up until she is in range of the dwarf and threaten the dwarf, "You are beaten. Surrender now and we will spare you."
    She will ready an action, another Eldritch Blast, to be cast if the dwarf attempts to either run or attack (can Eldritch blasts do subdual damage? if so then I'll do that).

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

* Eldritch blast vs reflex *

* Damage with curse damage *

04-01-2012 03:31 PM
    Eldritch blast vs reflex: 1d20 (7)+ 7 (7) = 14
    Damage with curse damage: 1d10 (2)+ 6 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 14

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Post #9 for Acqua Alta

This post complements the ninth main post in the Acqua Alta Finale thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, April 3rd. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, April 5th.

Just about any attack can do non-lethal damage, but must be specified in advance. Powers that persist, such as magical conjurations, must be specified at the time the power is first used and cannot be changed for the duration of the power. PCs also have a "default mode" of damage dealing. At the moment, Marc, Rogur, Yrisz and Zephyr are assumed to be dealing non-lethal damage; and Konstansz and Noxias are assumed to be dealing lethal damage.

Because Noxias has memorized the Shield Spell, he is a special case in combat. If an attack hits him by less than 4, it has the potential to be nullified by the spell. However, Noxias must choose to cast the spell before he knows what effect the attack will have. I will update his damage and status when I know whether he has cast the spell.

Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagusL2-6a.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	3630

On this map, the depiction of open doors is not meant to hinder movement or sighting, such as in the case of the flaming sphere.

The southern room is brightly lit by daylight. Two of the three large windows have been shattered. The squares with the table and chairs in the middle of the room function as covering terrain.

Most of the thugs are depicted by numbers with two exceptions:
    S - Roszroon, a female human in hide armor holding a light shield and a mace
    T - Roti, a male human in hide armor holding a light shield and a long sword

Round Six Summary

Yrisz (Initiative Count 27)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Healing Word (encounter - once), 1 healing surge
    Held: everburning torch, holy symbol (worn)
    4 temporary hit points

Minor Action: pronounce a Healing Word for Konstansz. (Close Burst Healing at distance 1. Konstansz spends a healing surge to recover all of her hit points.)
    Holy Nimbus (trigger - Yrisz speaks a Healing Word) Konstansz, Rogur, and Yrisz gain 4 temporary hit points.

Move Action: head south. (Cost 5; normal - 5xS.)

Standard Action: lay an Astral Seal on Thug #5. (Ranged Symbol +2 vs. Reflex at distance 3 - hits. Thug #5 is at -2 to all defenses and the next ally who hits him heals 5 hit points.)

Rogur (Initiative Count 26)
    Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 21 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    4 temporary hit points

Move Action: move to the southernmost corridor pillar. (Cost 4; Fleeting Ghost - 4xS. Rogur is trying to hide.)

Free Action: reload sling

Standard Action: shoot with a Sly Flourish against thug #5. (Rogur's presence was detected. Ranged Sling vs. AC -2 at distance 3 - hits. Thug #5 takes 11 points of damage. Rogur is no longer hiding.)
    Astral Seal (trigger - Rogur's attack hits Thug #5) Rogur is at full hit points.

Marc (Initiative Count 13)
    Held: longsword
    6 points of damage

Standard Action: attack thug #5. (Melee Basic Heavy Blade vs. AC -2 - Marc rolls 2 modified to 9. Misses.)

End of Turn: Thug #5 remains marked.

In the absence of instructions this round and with the situation unchanged, I'll simply repeat his prior action.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 10)

Expended: 1 healing surge
    Held: rod, everburning torch

Move Action: move into view. (Cost 6; normal - W, SW, 4xS.)

Standard Action: ready a non-lethal Eldritch Blast targeting thug #5. (Trigger - the dwarf flees or attacks.)

Konstansz is already in range, but threatening from behind a pillar doesn't have much impact. I have interpreted the instructions such that she moves up to the last rank of the party. Technically, Konstansz could move diagonally across the illusory pillar's corner, but the move listed above is good practice for moving around corners and large, blocking objects.

Zephyr (Initiative Count 9)

Expended: rope, sun rod, Acid Orb (encounter), Arcane Prodigy (encounter), Escalating Violence (encounter), Flame Spiral (encounter), Roar of Triumph (encounter), Second Wind (encounter), 1 healing surge
    Held: heavy war pick

Standard Action: take a Second Wind. (Zephyr spends a healing surge to regain all of his hit points. Zephyr gains +2 to all defenses.)

Move: head towards thug #5. (Cost 3; normal - 3xSE.)

End of Turn: Escalating Violence expires.

Noxias (Initiative Count 6+)
    Held: staff

Start of Turn: Noxias is no longer running.

Minor Action: sustain Flaming Sphere.

Standard Action: ready Chill Strike. (Trigger - #5 attacks.)

Matchless Gang Thug #7's Initiative Count set to 6

S - Roszroon (Initiative Count 6-)
    Expended:
    Held: light shield, mace
    8 temporary hit points

Minor Action: kick open the doors.

Standard Action: attack Zephyr with a Crushing Surge. (Melee Mace vs. AC +2 - hits. Zephyr takes 12 points of damage and is marked. Roszroon gains 8 temporary hit points and Battle Vigor.)
    #7's Immediate Reaction (trigger - an enemy comes into view) Shoot Zephyr. (Ranged Crossbow -2 vs. AC +2 - misses by 11.)

T - Roti (Initiative Count 5+)
    Expended:
    Held: light shield, long sword

Move Action: join Roszroon's side. (Cost 2; normal - 2xN.)

Standard Action: attack Zephyr. (Tide of Iron. Melee Heavy Blade vs. AC +2 - hits. Zephyr takes 11 points of damage, is pushed 1xN, and is now marked by Roti. Roti shifts 1xNW into the vacated square.)

#11 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 5)

Expended: 1 quarrel
    Held: crossbow

Move Action: dash to the side. (Cost 3; normal - 3xW.)

Standard Action: shoot at Noxias. (Ranged Crossbow -2 vs. AC at distance 3 - hits Noxias by less than 4.)
    Noxias's Immediate Interrupt (trigger - Noxias is hit by an attack) Cast Shield. (Noxias's AC and Reflex defenses increase by 4. #11's attack now misses by 2.)

Minor Action: reload.

#10 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 4)

Standard Action: attack Zephyr. (Ranged Crossbow -2 vs. AC +2 at distance 3 - misses by 6.)

Minor Action: reload crossbow

#9 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 3)
    Expended: javelin
    Held: javelin

Standard Action: throw javelin at Zephyr. (Ranged Heavy Thrown Spear vs. AC +2 at distance 7 - misses by 3.)

Minor Action: wield a new javelin

Minor Action: drop prone

#8 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 2)
    Expended: javelin
    Held: javelin

Move Action: move towards the front. (Cost 4; normal - 4xN.)

Standard Action: throw javelin at Marc. (Ranged Heavy Thrown Spear -2 vs. AC at distance 4 - hits. Marc takes 6 points of damage.)

Minor Action: wield a new javelin.

#6 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 1+)
    Expended:

Standard Action: shoot slingshot at Marc. (Ranged Basic Sling vs. AC at distance 7 - hits. Marc takes 6 points of damage.)

Free Action: reload.

Minor Action: drop prone.

#5 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 1)

Expended: 2 quarrels
    Held: warhammer

Minor Action: stow warhammer.

Double Move Action: duck around the corner. (Cost 2; shift - S^1, E.)
    ^1 Konstansz's Immediate Reaction (trigger - thug #5 is fleeing) Cast a non-lethal Eldritch Blast at the dwarf. (Ranged Rod vs. Reflex -2 at distance 4 - hits. Thug #5 is knocked unconscious by 14 points of damage.)
    Fate of the Void: Konstansz gains a +1 bonus to any single d20 roll on her next turn.

PC Results Summary
    Konstansz has spent 1 healing surge.
    Konstansz sees the Fate of the Void.
    Konstansz has 4 temporary hit points.

Marc is using non-lethal attacks.
    Marc has taken 18 points of damage.

Noxias has cast Shield (daily).

Rogur has expended 7 crossbow bolts and 21 sling bullets.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur is trying to hide from enemies.
    Rogur has total concealment.
    Rogur has 4 temporary hit points.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has used a Healing Word.
    Yrisz has spent 1 healing surge.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz has 4 temporary hit points.

Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has cast Acid Orb and Flame Spiral.
    Zephyr has expended Arcane Prodigy, Escalating Violence, Roar of Triumph, and Second Wind.
    Zephyr has spent 1 healing surge.
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr is on his Second Wind.
    Zephyr is marked by Roti.
    Zephyr has taken 23 points of damage.

Enemy Negative Effects Summary
    Matchless Gang Thug #1 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #2 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #3 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #4 is unconscious.

Matchless Gang Thug #5 is unconscious.

Matchless Gang Thug #7's crossbow is unloaded.

Enemy Damage Summary
    Matchless Gang Thug #1 - slain by 37 points of damage

Matchless Gang Thug #2 - slain by 21 points of damage.

Matchless Gang Thug #3 - slain by 9 points of damage.

Matchless Gang Thug #4 - unconscious from 12 points of damage.

Matchless Gang Thug #5 - unconscious from 56 points of damage
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-02-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Shield Spell effect

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe I should have moved THEN done the second wind....

first, don't worry about "prisoners" Malkolm. Two are unconscious. We can question them. They'll eventually wake up.

Why not get fancy (and blow the load in one go).

Roti wants me marked, well he is going to get it.

move: shift SE
    std: life thane rage vs. roti AC
    free: (if hit) savage growl
    AP: hit or miss - howl of fury vs. roti's AC

* life thane rage vs. roti AC *

* dam (half if miss) *

EFFECT: I spend a HS. Any ally who starts their turn w/in 3 sqrs of me gets 3 temp hp. (your welcome)

* howl of fury vs. roti AC *

* dam and all enemies but roti in blast 3 take 6 thunder dam *

* bonus dam from savage growl, if in effect *

direct the blast so that roti, Ros, and 11 are included. Roti doesn't take the dam, but 11 and Ros do.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I forgot to roll the savage growl damage, but PLEASE use the first rolls for everything else.

04-02-2012 08:48 AM
    life thane rage vs. roti AC : 1d20 (13)+ 7 (7) = 20
    dam (half if miss) : 2d12 (10,9 = 19) + 3 (3) = 22
    howl of fury vs. roti AC : 1d20 (11)+ 7 (7) = 18
    dam and all enemies but roti in blast 3 take 6 thunder dam : 1d12 (11)+ 3 (3) = 14
    04-02-2012 08:49 AM
    life thane rage vs. roti AC : 1d20 (4)+ 7 (7) = 11
    dam (half if miss) : 2d12 (1,8 = 9) + 3 (3) = 12
    howl of fury vs. roti AC : 1d20 (13)+ 7 (7) = 20
    dam and all enemies but roti in blast 3 take 6 thunder dam : 1d12 (8)+ 3 (3) = 11
    bonus dam from savage growl, if in effect : 1d8 (3)
    04-02-2012 08:50 AM
    life thane rage vs. roti AC : 1d20 (12)+ 7 (7) = 19
    dam (half if miss) : 2d12 (2,11 = 13) + 3 (3) = 16
    howl of fury vs. roti AC : 1d20 (5)+ 7 (7) = 12
    dam and all enemies but roti in blast 3 take 6 thunder dam : 1d12 (8)+ 3 (3) = 11
    bonus dam from savage growl, if in effect : 1d8 (3)
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Konstansz will curse Roszroon.
    Konstansz will cast flames of phlegethos (aka starfire) at Roszroon in an attempt to melt her into a puddle of human goo.
    * flames vs reflex +1 for fate of the void *

* flames damage *

* oops forgot the potential 1d6 curse damage *

Konstansz will step back 3 squares to gain concealment.

04-02-2012 08:59 AM
    flames vs reflex +1 for fate of the void: 1d20 (8)+ 8 (8) = 16
    flames damage: 3d10 (8,4,3 = 15) + 6 (6) = 21
    oops forgot the potential 1d6 curse damage: 1d6 (4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why was Nox's attack not triggered by 5 attacking? Was Konstansz able to act first to curse him before I could blast him?

Well, not worried about blasting him now...

Anyway, glad more people have joined the fight, I'll just worry about killing them as fast as possible.

Nox's Turn
    Nox will cast shield interrupt
    Minor: Sustain
    Move: Sphere 2xSE and 1W to 1W of S
    Std: Attack Roti first or Roszroon second if Roti is downed

* Attack Roti or Roszroon *

* Fire Damage *

* Adjacent Fire Damage *

* Adjacent Fire Damage *

* Adjacent Fire Damage (an extra one just in case) *

* And one to grow on (since you like that) *

Edit: This is the third time Konstansz has cursed the dwarf, right? Otherwise my IC post doesn't really make sense... oh well.
    Last edited by Malk0lm; 04-02-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Edited

04-02-2012 06:41 PM
    Attack Roti or Roszroon: 1d20 (16)+ 6 (6) = 22
    Fire Damage: 2d6 (2,3 = 5) + 6 (6) = 11
    Adjacent Fire Damage: 1d4 (3)+ 4 (4) = 7
    Adjacent Fire Damage: 1d4 (2)+ 4 (4) = 6
    Adjacent Fire Damage (an extra one just in case): 1d4 (1)+ 4 (4) = 5
    And one to grow on (since you like that): 1d20 (2)
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why was Nox's attack not triggered by 5 attacking? Was Konstansz able to act first to curse him before I could blast him?

. . .

Nox will cast shield interrupt

. . .

Move: Sphere 2xSE and 1W to 1W of S

. . .

Edit: This is the third time Konstansz has cursed the dwarf, right? Otherwise my IC post doesn't really make sense... oh well.
    Thug #5 did not attack, so the condition for Nox's readied action was not triggered. Konstansz's readied action had a trigger of attack or flee, and so was triggered when #5 attempted to leave the room. However, if both actions had been triggered, you are correct in that Konstansz would have gone first because she was earlier in the relative initiative order, so the outcome would have been the same. Lastly, only one immediate action per character is allowed per round, so if the readied action had been triggered, Noxias would have been forced to choose between that and casting Shield.

Noxias casts Shield and cancels the effect of #11's attack. I will edit the Round Summary to reflect this. Here are the relevant changes:

#11 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 5)

Move Action: dash to the side. (Cost 3; normal - 3xW.)

Standard Action: shoot at Noxias. (Ranged Crossbow -2 vs. AC at distance 3 - hits Noxias by less than 4.)
    Noxias's Immediate Interrupt (trigger - Noxias is hit by an attack) Cast Shield. (Noxias's AC and Reflex defenses increase by 4. #11's attack now misses by 2.)

Minor Action: reload.

PC Results Summary
    Noxias has cast Shield (daily).

Conjurations must obey the same movement restrictions as PCs. They cannot move through enemy-occupied squares. However, they are usually unaffected by opportunity attacks, so they can freely slip between enemy-occupied squares.

Konstansz only curses an enemy once, though she has used her curse on a number of enemies, now.

Edit: I should take the opportunity to mention that, other than the now-unconscious dwarf, all the enemies the party is facing are human.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 04-02-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I misremembered. When I read "shoot and Noxias" and saw the Crossbow I assumed it was the dwarf, before he was knocked unconscious. My bad...

By my calculation the sphere can move thorough Zephyr's square and still end up in the same spot using all 6 of it's movement. Please correct me if I am wrong. In either case I would like the sphere to end up one west of "S".

Thanks!
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By my calculation the sphere can move thorough Zephyr's square and still end up in the same spot using all 6 of it's movement. Please correct me if I am wrong. In either case I would like the sphere to end up one west of "S".
    It looks like you are correct. We'll do it that way, then.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast