Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Umi,

I guess I'll ask that you move Nox as fast as possible without losing any of the actions that I have already outlined. If he can run and gain two more squares without losing the minor action nor the two move actions then that would be fine.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    For best results, if a character is made in accordance with character guideline #21, it should be possible to play in character and support the party. In cases where it is not, it has been a longstanding rule that the necessity to maintain party cohesion trumps any vagaries of a character's personality. That said, I believe Noxias is currently well within his prerogatives to keep his damage lethal, and so far it's still a minority of the party that is using non-lethal attacks.

It's not so much lethal or non-lethal in general, but hypothetical activities like killing off characters the party originally targeted for capture; killing off people who have surrendered; or killing off potential non-combatants and bystanders that are things which have a potential to cause problems and must be handled with care.

This hasn't been done in the past, but with so many new players (and such a lengthy history of past posts) it might be a good time for the three most senior players to describe in some general terms what the party's nature has been up to this point.
    While Yrisz is bit of a pacifist (as much as you can be in a war game), I as her player have little problem with players going for the kill shot if they feel that is in character.

That said, as Umi outlined the killing off of non-combatants, bystanders, or surrendered enemies might cause an unfavorable reaction from both character and player alike, as I perceived such actions as a exit from the gray area of self defense and conquest where most RP games exist in and an entrance into the somewhat unheroic domain known as murder.

Also, such actions also tend to bring down consequences to all that are perceived to have been involved in them, and such justice tends to be a little bit blind both in accuracy and execution.

Lastly, while the Matchless Gang have continuously proved themselves as despicable examples of humanity, we still don't know what is entirely going on here, so I suggest our capacity to render fatale judgement is not completely free of the possibility of regret…
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Malk0lm,

Please remember that running imposes a -5 penalties to your attack rolls and causes you to grant combat advantage.

--T

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    This hasn't been done in the past, but with so many new players (and such a lengthy history of past posts) it might be a good time for the three most senior players to describe in some general terms what the party's nature has been up to this point.
    I'll speak a bit on that from my perspective. I'd be interested to hear how Rogur is viewed by the other players and Umiushi as well, though.

Rogur joined as a character about 1 game day into the adventure, which translated into something like 4 months of real time. He joined the party because he's searching for a woman whom he believes has something to do with the sinking of the ship on which he served as first mate. He got sucked into the whole "saving the town" thing; he's not by nature a hero or terribly interested in anything other than his own motives. Additionally, he's distrustful of magic, particularly arcane magic and especially fire-wielding wizards. It'll be fun to watch him and Noxias interact, I think.

He respected Ariellana, whom he naturally viewed as a leader due to her age, experience, and demeanor. He's closest to Zephyr and Yrisz, inasmuch as you can be close to someone you've known for all of 2-3 days. He is comfortable with Zephyr, and interacts with him much as he would a comrade-in-arms. He recognizes there's some kind of magic at work in Zephyr, but the fact that the barbarian goes after enemies with a big-ass war pick helps mitigate Rogur's instinctive distrust. With Yrisz, he's slightly more reserved, out of respect to her position as a noble and a Vulysenyat Sister. Additionally, he is protective of her in a way that seems at odds with his general attitude, especially towards women.

As far as combat and game mechanics go, he's an archetypal rogue, preferring to sneak rather than assault, and thieve rather than fight. As a rogue, he's most effective when he's able to attack someone who is granting him combat advantage. That means he's usually going to be looking for ways to attack from cover, make ranged attacks against flanked foes, or flank an enemy with an ally.

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the party's nature from MY perspective has always been to to shoot first (non-lethal) ask questions later if being attacked. As umi said, party cohesion ALWAYS comes first. I have played in games (not mentioning any names) where players purposefully made characters that were problematic (personality wise).

Example: creating a mute character that can only speak in combat (because he was possessed by a demon of sorts). While that might be "fun" to play, it is not fun for the party as a whole (ESPECIALLY in a chat/pbp game). It could work in a live game where the other players can "read" facial expressions, but doesn't work so hot in chat/pbp.

Zephyr has been in this since the beginning. He was there on that fateful day when everybody failed their CON rolls and vomited off the side of the boat. He was there when Rogur was found drunk in a room full of Ortalons. In short, I like this game and LOVE umi's style of DMing. There have been some low points, but the high points make up for those. I have seen the half-orc ranger and gnome bard leave for greener pastures, the paladin join up with the matchless gang, the druid die at the hands of an evil mage, and Ariellana, Karu, and Dolan stay behind in the feywild.

Zephyr considers Rogur as a fun, good-natured fellow that lifts his typically low spirits. Zephyr is unsure what to think of Yrisz, her being from a society so foreign to his own. Unconsciously always taking the leader role, Yrisz presents a good alternative leader voice. He respects her, and with all of his "companions", he protects them as if they were family.

As said before, his origins/motives are unknown (even if you do read ALL of the posts). You know he is from the Septs (mountainous regions) so he is a warrior of nature (barbarian), but somehow has ties into the arcane (as evidenced by him throwing balls of acid and, soon to be seen, burst into flames) that is fueled by his anger. You do not know why he can use arcane powers, you do not know why he is bald, and you do not know why he wears a velvet sash (although ALL related). I hope his origins/motives can be explored in game (as well as Rogur and any other player) before the game goes under (which I hope it doesn't), as I think it could make for a fun adventure (HINT HINT).

Combat/game mechanics, he is a barbarian multiclassed (not hybrid) with sorcerer. He typically acts as a meat shield even though he REALLY shouldn't. He typically goes for the biggest baddest dude and goes nuts. After some seriously delayed retraining, his powers are very new to all, so I'll just hold out. I think I have retrained my daily, an @will, and replaced an encounter with a sorcerer power.

He does his best to set up flanks for his rogue friend.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Post #6 for Acqua Alta Finale

This post complements the sixth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, March 24th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, March 26th.

Yrisz and Noxias's positions are shown on both maps. Rogur, Noxias, and Yrisz cannot see or be seen by the enemies on the lower level, based on their current positions.

It might be good to start discussing who is and isn't going to wind up adjacent to the flaming sphere next round, as it looks like a melee is starting up.

Level 3 Map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagusL3-3a.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	3618

Level 2 Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MagusL2-3a.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	3620

Illumination:
    Level 2 is illuminated by lit torches mounted in wall brackets.

Round Three Summary

Marc (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: none
    Hands Free: one
    Held: longsword

Double Move Action: head to the base of the stairs. (Cost 10; normal - E.)

Marc has enemies within range of a Divine Challenge, if he wishes to issue one. If so, please specify the enemy.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 10)
    Hands Free: none
    Held: rod, everburning torch

Double Move Action: follow close behind pursuing allies. (Cost 12; shadow walk - E, 2xNE, NW, SW, SE, 2xS; 4 squares of difficult terrain. Konstansz gains concealment.)

Minor Action: lay Warlock's Curse on closest thug. (Curse laid on thug #2 at distance 2.)

End of Turn: Fate of the Void expires.

I don't have Konstansz's actions for the last posting period, so I will assume her intention is to continue to pursue, and curse the closest enemy.

Zephyr (Initiative Count 9)
    Expended: rope, sun rod, Acid Orb (encounter), Arcane Prodigy (encounter)
    Hands Free: none
    Held: heavy war pick

Minor Action: resume grip of war pick.

Double Move Action: head down to the second floor. (Cost 12; normal - 2xN, NW, SW, SE, 2xS, SW; 4 squares of difficult terrain.)

At the end of Zephyr's first move action, he doesn't see far enough into the lower corridor to see the enemies. In this situation, it seems that Zephyr would move directly down the corridor. However, with the assumption that Marc and Konstansz provided decent, sub-narrative "targeting information," Zephyr can move directly adjacent the nearest enemy.

Yrisz (Initiative Count 7)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, 1 healing surge
    Held: everburning torch, holy symbol (worn)

Move Action: move forward at the rear. (Cost 4; normal - 2xE, NE; 1 square of difficult terrain.)

Noxias (Initiative Count 6++)
    Held: staff

Minor Action: sustain Flaming Sphere.

Move Action: head down the stairs. (Cost 5; normal - NE, 2xN; 2 squares of difficult terrain.)

Move Action: send Flaming Sphere to the west side of the pillar. (Cost 4; normal - NW, SW; 2 squares of difficult terrain.)

I'm assuming that Noxias isn't interested in finishing his move adjacent to the sphere, either. In that case, it looks like running isn't necessary. If you wish to modify either your move or the sphere's, let me know.

Rogur (Initiative Count 6+)

Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 18 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling

No Action: Delay to the beginning of Round 4.

#2 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 6)
    Held: javelin

Standard Action: stab at Zephyr with javelin. (Melee Basic Spear vs. AC - hits. Zephyr takes 6 points of damage.)

#3 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 6-)
    Held: javelin

Move Action: engage Zephyr. (Cost 2; normal - E, NE.)

Standard Action: stab with javelin. (Melee Basic Spear vs. AC - hits. Zephyr takes 6 points of damage.)

#4 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 5+)
    Expended: 1 sling bullet
    Held: sling

Standard Action: hurl slingshot at Konstansz. (Ranged Basic Heavy Thrown -4 vs. AC at distance 5 - hits. Konstansz takes 6 points of damage.)

Free Action: reload

#5 - Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 5)
    Expended: 1 quarrel
    Held: crossbow

Move Action: step out from behind pillar (Cost 1; shift - SW.)

Standard Action: fire crossbow Konstansz. (Aimed Shot. Ranged Crossbow -2 vs. AC at distance 4 - hits. Konstansz takes 11 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload

PC Results Summary
    Konstansz is shadow walking.
    Konstansz has taken 17 points of damage.

Marc is normal.

Noxias is sustaining a Flaming Sphere (daily).

Rogur has expended 7 crossbow bolts and 18 sling bullets.
    Rogur is trying to hide from enemies.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz has spent 1 healing surge.

Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has cast Acid Orb.
    Zephyr has expended Arcane Prodigy.
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has taken 12 points of damage.

Enemy Negative Effects Summary
    Matchless Gang Thug #1 is dead.

Matchless Gang Thug #2 is cursed.

Enemy Damage Summary
    Matchless Gang Thug #1 - slain by 37 points of damage
    Last edited by Umiushi; 03-23-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: moving in line with narrative

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like we're nearly done with Round 3, except for a couple of actions that shouldn't affect Rogur's turn. Rogur will not worry overmuch about taking one round's worth of fire damage from the Flaming Sphere, if Noxias does not move it on his turn.

Everybody else, for next turn, Rogur can either continue to deal ranged attacks, or he can move in with his blade. Since we now have two good ranged attackers, I favor the latter option. If that works, then Marc and Zephyr should feel free to attempt to set up something where Rogur can move in for a flank on his turn.

Rogur, Round 4
    Free: Reload sling
    Minor: None
    Move: Fleeting Ghost: E, N, Hop Down (no move cost). Contingency: If Rogur fails to make his "Hop Down" check, forego the standard action and spend an additional move action to stand up, concealed by the pillar.
    Standard: Sly Flourish vs. #5
    * Rogur - Stealth *
    * Rogur - Acrobatics - Hop Down *
    * Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC (incl combat advantage) *
    * Rogur - Ranged damage *
    * Rogur - Sneak Attack damage *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    03-23-2012 06:57 AM
    Rogur - Stealth: 1d20 (11)+ 11 (11) = 22
    Rogur - Acrobatics - Hop Down: 1d20 (13)+ 11 (11) = 24
    Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC (incl combat advantage): 1d20 (3)+ 9 (9)+ 2 (2) = 14
    Rogur - Ranged damage: 1d6 (2)+ 7 (7) = 9
    Rogur - Sneak Attack damage: 2d8 (4,6 = 10)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no he didn't (sass intended).

PERFECT opportunity to test out my new toy

Do I remember (considering it was 2-3 days ago) which pillars were "walkthru"?

For now,

Std: Flame spiral vs. both #2 and #3 ref
    Free: If hit either savage growl that person (if hit BOTH, savage growl number 2)
    IF the above hit (and only if)
    Std (action point): hit target of savage growl with recuperating strike vs AC

* flame spiral vs. ref #2 *

* flame spiral vs. ref #3 *

* fire dam *

EFFECT (hit or miss): until start of my next turn, any enemy that enters a sqr adj to me or starts there ( ) takes 1d6 dam

* effect fire dam *

* effect fire dam *

assuming savage growl is in effect:

* recuperating stk vs. AC *

* dam and gain 3 temp hp *

ALSO, I am not sure, but I would think flame spiral would also do extra 1d8 for savage growl so here is that roll
    * bonus flame spiral/savage growl dam *

03-23-2012 07:47 AM
    flame spiral vs. ref #2 : 1d20 (20)+ 5 (5) = 25
    flame spiral vs. ref #3 : 1d20 (15)+ 5 (5) = 20
    fire dam : 1d10 (10)+ 3 (3) = 13
    effect fire dam : 1d6 (4)
    effect fire dam : 1d6 (1)
    recuperating stk vs. AC : 1d20 (17)+ 7 (7) = 24
    dam and gain 3 temp hp : 1d12 (7)+ 3 (3)+ 1d8 (1) = 11
    bonus flame spiral/savage growl dam : 1d8 (4)
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Marc Round 4 Actions:

Minor: Divine Challenge Enemy #5
    Move: S 5 aquares toward #5

Start non-lethal damage

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm tired of being on these stairs:

Noxias
    Minor: Sustain
    Move: Fey step 5 S adjacent to 3.
    Move: Sphere 5 S to square adjacent to 3 and one south of Zephyr. Hopefully both 2 and 3 will take damage.
    Noxias will spend an action point and have the sphere attack 3 if he can.

* Damage if 2 is adjacent to sphere *

* Damage if 3 is adjacent to sphere *

* Damage if Zeph is adjacent to sphere *

* Attack vs 3 reflex *

* Damage to 3 *

Note: Zephyr will be adjacent to the sphere so I would suggest that he move 1 N, he will still be adjacent to 2 and could continue to attack.

03-23-2012 01:45 PM
    Damage if 2 is adjacent to sphere: 1d4 (4)+ 4 (4) = 8
    Damage if 3 is adjacent to sphere: 1d4 (3)+ 4 (4) = 7
    Damage if Zeph is adjacent to sphere: 1d4 (2)+ 4 (4) = 6
    Attack vs 3 reflex: 1d20 (18)+ 6 (6) = 24
    Damage to 3: 2d6 (1,4 = 5) + 6 (6) = 11
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Konstansz wishes to attack. Her order of preference is #3, #2, #5.
    She'll attack the first one in that list that looks to be still fighting strongly (not gushing blood... yet). If they are all gushing she'll pick the most lively one.

After selecting an enemy, Konstansz would like to do the following:

- Curse the enemy if it is not already cursed (or curse next on list if the one she is attacking is already cursed).

-
    * Eldritch Blast Con vs Reflex - applying curse damage if it hits *

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Drat that dice roller didn't work very well. Looks like I probably missed anyhow.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

As her move Konstansz would like to step northeast to that currently empty square behind the pillar thing.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

* Rolling damage on the off chance my spell actually hit *

03-23-2012 10:56 PM
    Eldritch Blast Con vs Reflex - applying curse damage if it hits: 1d20 (6)+ 7,1d10 (10,8,10,8,8,1,6 = 51) + 6 (6)+ 1d6 (5) = 68
    03-23-2012 10:58 PM
    Eldritch Blast Con vs Reflex - applying curse damage if it hits: 1d20 (19)+ 7,1d10 (7,3,7,3,3,6,9 = 38) + 6 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 69
    03-23-2012 11:01 PM
    Eldritch Blast Con vs Reflex - applying curse damage if it hits: 1d20 (18)+ 7,1d10 (4,5,9,5,3,10,2 = 38) + 6 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 68
    03-23-2012 11:08 PM
    Eldritch Blast Con vs Reflex - applying curse damage if it hits: 1d20 (1)+ 7,1d10 (1,8,2,5,7,2,7 = 32) + 6 (6)+ 1d6 (4) = 43
    Rolling damage on the off chance my spell actually hit: 1d10 (2)+ 6 (6)+ 1d6 (6) = 14

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi cutopia,

You probably already figured out from your experiment above , but the dice roller only allows one result per "roll" tag. The appropriate way to do what you were attempting above is:

(roll=1d20+7)eldritch blast etc etc(/roll) (roll=1d10)Applying curse etc etc(/roll) (roll=1d10+6)rolling damage etc etc(/roll)

With the parentheses above being replaced with square brackets as appropriate. Hope this helps.

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    First, in terms of the stairs being difficult terrain, by my math it will take a double move for Yrisz to have eyes on the fellows from the Matchless Gang (i.e. she will be able to use her effects without them having any form of cover). With this assumption in motion Yrisz will drop to the end of her allies initiative and execute thus:

Standard & Move: Double move staying to rear of the party
    Minor: Healing Word Konstansz or Zephyr depending on who is the most beat up (this is assuming that the target is bloodied by this point)

I'm listing effects to make it easy on Umi:
    Healing Word: 2X Encounter (Divine, Healing), minor action, Close Burst 5, Person or one ally, effect: Target spends healing surge +1d6 hit points. (plus Wis hit points due to Healer's Lore and plus 1d6 + chr healing from Pacifist Healer, Surge+2d6+7)

Symbol of the Holy Nimbus (Yrisz - Healing Words) Whenever Yrisz speaks a Healing Word, Yrisz and all allies within 5 squares gain 4 temporary hit points.

* Healing Word *

If for some reason I'm wrong about her having a clean line of sight on the Matchless Gangers on just her move action, than she will use Astral Seal on whatever opponent that Zephyr happens to be fighting.

Astral Seal: (Divine, Healing, Implement), Standard Action, range 5, one creature, Wis+2 vs. Ref, Hit: Target takes -2 to all defense until the end of your next turn, the next ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn gains 2 + Chr hit points.
    (Current True Healing 5)

I'll start a story post simply to have a place holder to modulate depending how the situation pans out...

03-24-2012 02:20 PM
    Healing Word : 2d6 (4,2 = 6) + 4 (4)+ 3 (3) = 13

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    Do I remember (considering it was 2-3 days ago) which pillars were "walkthru"?
    Yes, the northern pillar that Rogur is entering this round is illusory, as are all the pillars on the eastern wall. The pillars on the western wall are solid.

Will Zephyr use his remaining Move Action to step away from the flaming sphere as Noxias suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Isrealjacob View Post
    Minor: Divine Challenge Enemy #5
    Move: S 5 aquares toward #5

Start non-lethal damage
    I've recorded Marc as using non-lethal damage.

If Marc moves that far south, he will cross thug #3's square, which is not permitted. Marc's options are to move around #3, which will leave him open to an attack of opportunity from both #3 and #2, or adjust his movement in some other way, bearing in mind that the flaming sphere is probably going to be west of #3 on Noxias's turn.

Marc can also fit in another move or standard action this turn. This means that if Marc does choose the take the attacks of opportunity, he could move less than 5 on his first move, and then spend his remaining standard action employing a Charge against thug #5.

Since there are several advantages and disadvantages to various alternate movements Marc can take, please advise on which option he will use. Taking your past desires into account, my default choice will be for him to charge #5, taking the two opportunity attacks along the way.

Divine Challenge has a range of 5, and Marc starts his turn 7 distant from thug #5. Therefore, I will swap his action order when I record the round summary since he will be in range by the end of his turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    I'm tired of being on these stairs:

Noxias
    Minor: Sustain
    Move: Fey step 5 S adjacent to 3.
    Move: Sphere 5 S to square adjacent to 3 and one south of Zephyr. Hopefully both 2 and 3 will take damage.
    Noxias will spend an action point and have the sphere attack 3 if he can.
    Note: Zephyr will be adjacent to the sphere so I would suggest that he move 1 N, he will still be adjacent to 2 and could continue to attack.
    Teleportation movement must be along line of sight. (Player's Handbook, page 286.) I will repost what can be seen from the stairs for convenience:
    • If you're on the stairs, you can see squares up to 180 degrees around the pillar in the direction of the staircase. In other words, if a character was standing northeast of the pillar, that character would be able to see into the staircase squares E, N, NW, W, and SW of the pillar, but the staircase square S of the pillar would be out of their line of sight, as they'd have to be able to completely look around the pillar to see it. This should follow common sense and means that characters standing on the squares N, NW, and W of the pillar can see every staircase square.
    • If you're standing on the three staircase squares shown on the upper floor map, you can't see or target, nor can you be seen or targeted by, anyone on the lower floor unless they are on the staircase.
    • If you're standing on the lower floor except for the three staircase squares shared in common with the upper floor map, you can't see or target, nor can you be seen or target by, anyone on the upper floor unless they are on the staircase.
    Since Noxias is in fact standing on the NE square relative to the pillar, the example is particularly relevant.

However, this means that Noxias could use a regular movement of W, SW, SE at a cost of 6 and see well enough to direct the flaming sphere.

Finally, as a minor note, there is a wall blocking the sphere's directly moving south on its first square of movement. However, the sphere can move SE, SW, and 3xS to reach the desired position, so this will not hinder Noxias.

I will finalize the round late Sunday night or early Monday morning using the most reasonable choices I've noted above unless I receive directions otherwise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Umi, a question, can Yrisz drop her turn to the very end of the initiative (i.e. past the Matchless Gangers' turns). If you want that can put her to the top of the initiative of the next round (which is a little wonky) but as she is mostly a reactionary character it works best I think...also story wise she's a little behind the ball anyway.

The other way I could handle it is to say that Yrisz holds her Healing Word Action until somebody gets bloodied and have it execute at that moment thus nothing weird with the initiative...either way is fine with me...

~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Umi, a question, can Yrisz drop her turn to the very end of the initiative (i.e. past the Matchless Gangers' turns). If you want that can put her to the top of the initiative of the next round (which is a little wonky) but as she is mostly a reactionary character it works best I think...also story wise she's a little behind the ball anyway.

The other way I could handle it is to say that Yrisz holds her Healing Word Action until somebody gets bloodied and have it execute at that moment thus nothing weird with the initiative...either way is fine with me...
    There is no problem with delaying Yrisz's turn. Anyone who delays past the enemies' turns winds up at the top of the initiative order for the subsequent round, just like Rogur, as there is no difference in turn order but doing so reduces the amount of ambiguity I have to deal with.

On the other hand, readying an action is always a Standard Action, no matter what action is being readied. Therefore, Yrisz would not be able to ready Healing Word on the same turn as her other stated actions without spending an Action Point to do so.

As a side note, it looks like Yrisz and Noxias may wind up competing for the squares at the base of the steps. However, as both of them can complete their desired actions from the squares S and SW of the round pillar, I'm not going to be too concerned with who winds up occupying which square.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Thugs #2 and #3 will be downed by the end of Zephyr's turn, based on my current understanding of the round. This may have an effect on Yrisz's and Noxias's actions.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast