Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Since we are all slowly becoming dead in the water (pun intended) I will still attack this round, but next round I'll try to do something with the rope and Feystep and begin warping the coracles so we can all... how are the kids putting it these days... ah, yes; GTFO!
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    I assume that's a turn and a move for Rogur, but could you describe where the coracle will wind up and what heading it will have?
    Pasting the relevant quote for easy reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    Heading
    Unlike creatures, vehicles have a specific heading, the direction of movement. This is shown on the map by a black arrow at the front of the vehicle. A vehicle's heading affects its movement as described below.

Vehicle Movement Commands

Drive - Uses a pilot's move action. Move the vehicle up to its speed. Movement must be in the direction of the heading, or up to 45 degrees to the right or left of the heading, but the heading does not change.

Ram - Uses a pilot's standard action. Move the vehicle up to its speed, ending adjacent to a creature or object in the direction of its heading. If the target is medium or smaller, make a bull rush charge attack using the pilot's attributes. If successful, the target is affected as per a bull rush. If the target is at least large size, the attack fails and the coracle takes 1d10 damage for every square it traveled.

Stop - Uses a pilot's move action. The vehicle comes to a halt.

Turn - Uses a pilot's move action. Move the vehicle up to half its speed. Movement must be in the direction of the heading or up to 45 degrees to the right or left of the heading, which does not change the heading. At any point during this movement, the heading may itself be changed up to 90 degrees in either direction. At the end of the movement, the vehicle is reoriented according to its heading.
    I hope I'm reading the rules correctly. Revised action:

Move: 1) Turn, pivoting around the Westernmost portion of the coracle (1N, revised heading: N); 2) Turn, pivoting around the Northernmost portion of the coracle (revised heading: E). The intent is to end up with at least some portion of Rogur's coracle adjacent to Yrisz' and Konstanz' boat, heading East, something like this:
    Name:  coracles.png
Views: 54
Size:  21.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I believe that coracle movement will work. Right now I've got to catch a train, and I won't be back in touch until Saturday. I will post the completed round six and whatever I have available for round seven during my posting period, this weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Enjoy your travels and adventures Umi. I love trains (minus the lack of showers in the compartments I can afford), but being able to sit back and watch the world zip by. For me I find it quite magical.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Konstansz doesn't know anything about punting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont be so hard on yourself. It's easy, place ball on ground, run at it and kick. Very simple.
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #41

This is the forty-first Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, July 31st. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, August 2nd.

I'm back from my trip, now. Thank you for bearing with me. Due to the necessity of preparing for one of my other games, this post will still be rather brief (excepting the combat summary), but this should be the last brief one for a while now. I anticipate my schedule being relatively clear until October.

First of all, I can at last present round six in its final, completed form.

Next, we can also begin a bit of round seven. This is the map as it appears at the start of Konstansz's turn on round seven. I'll be looking for actions from Konstansz, Rogur, and Zephyr this round. Yrisz should make her second death saving throw. Noxias is presently taken care of, but if he wishes to make his first death saving throw for round eight, he should go ahead and do so.

Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-7a.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	3758

Round Six Summary

#4 (Initiative Count 24)
    Expended: 4 quarrels
    Held: crossbow

Standard Action: shoot at Yrisz. (Two attacks. Ranged Superior Crossbow vs. AC at distance 11 - critical hit, hit. Yrisz is bloodied by 13 points of damage and 9 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload.

Noxias (Initiative Count 21)

Expended: Chill Strike (encounter), Flaming Sphere, Shield, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: one
    Held: staff

Standard Action: cast Scorching Burst at #4 and #3. (Area Burst Fire -2 vs. Reflex at distance 7 - misses #4 with a modified result of 7; hits #3 with a modified result of 16. #3 takes 6 fire damage.)
    End of Turn: #4 is no longer slowed.

#3 (Initiative Count 19)

Expended: 1 quarrel
    6 points of damage

Start of Turn - Yrisz no longer takes extra damage from enemy attacks.

Standard Action: Direct the Strike. (#4 makes a basic ranged attack against Yrisz. Ranged Basic Superior Crossbow vs. AC at distance 11 - hits. Yrisz is downed by 13 points of damage.)

Yrisz (Initiative Count 18+)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: holy symbol (worn), punting pole
    47 points of damage

End of Turn: Yrisz fails her death saving throw.
    Yrisz's coracle is out of control. It moves one square east and then stops.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 18)

Expended: Starfire, 1 healing surge
    Held: rod
    Minor Action: drop prone

Standard Action: stabilize Yrisz (Healing Check - failed.)

#5 (Initiative Count 10)

Standard Action: shoot at Konstansz. (Basic Ranged Crossbow vs. AC at distance 13 - hits. Konstansz takes 4 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload

Rogur (Initiative Count 7)

Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 23 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling
    Double Move Action: pilot boat. (Cost 6 - turn; N, heading N; heading E.)

PC Results Summary

Konstansz has cast Starfire (daily).
    Konstansz has spent 1 healing surge.
    Konstansz is prone.
    Konstanz has taken 4 points of damage.

Noxias has cast Chill Strike, Flaming Sphere (daily) and Shield (daily).
    Noxias has spent 1 healing surge.
    Noxias has taken 6 points of damage.

Rogur has expended 7 crossbow bolts and 24 sling bullets.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has cast Cure Light Wounds (daily) and Exacting Utterance.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz is prone.
    Yrisz is dying. (One failed death saving throw)
    Yrisz has spent 1 healing surge.
    Yrisz has taken 47 points of damage.

Enemy Damage Summary

#3 - 6 points of damage

Round Seven (In Progress)
    #4 (Initiative Count 24)
    Expended: 7 quarrels

Standard Action: shoot at Noxias. (Two attacks. Ranged Superior Crossbow vs. AC at distance 10 - both hit. Noxias takes 7 and 8 for a total of 15 points of damage and is bloodied.)

Noxias (Initiative Count 21)

Expended: Chill Strike (encounter), Flaming Sphere, Shield, 1 healing surge
    Held: staff
    21 points of damage

Standard Action: cast Scorching Burst at #3 and #4. (Area Burst Fire -2 vs. Reflex at distance 10 - both miss with modified results of 7 and 9.)

When an attack targets multiple creatures, multiple attack rolls should be made, but only a single damage roll is necessary. However, if an ability allows for multiple attacks, then a damage roll should be made for each separate attack.

#3 (Initiative Count 19)
    Expended: 2 quarrels
    6 points of damage

Standard Action: Paint the Bull's Eye on Noxias. (Ranged Repeating Crossbow vs. AC at distance 10 - hits. Noxias is downed by 9 points of damage and his enemies gain a bonus to damage rolls against him.)

Free Action: reload.

Yrisz (Initiative Count 18+)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: holy symbol (worn), punting pole
    47 points of damage
    Yrisz's death saving throw.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 18)

Expended: Starfire, 1 healing surge
    Held: rod
    4 points of damage

Konstansz's actions

#5 (Initiative Count 10)

#5's actions

Rogur (Initiative Count 7)

Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 23 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling

Rogur's actions

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best. Rescue. Ever! My original plan to swap places with Konstanz and let Noxias ferry her to safety is clearly not going to work, what with Noxias being unconscious and all.

Cutopia, would object to delaying until after Rogur's initiative? On his turn, Rogur will toss a healing potion to Konstanz to use on Yrisz. Once she recovers, she can heal herself and Noxias. In the meantime, Rogur will use a rope to tow Y&Ks coracle NE. I imagine the speed of this contraption is going to be damn slow, so if Konstanz can provide a bit of shielding, it would be helpful. Otherwise, it's just her, sitting in the coracles waiting to be picked off.

Rogur, Round Seven
    Minor: Retrieve healing potion
    Standard: (Substitute minor) give/toss healing potion to Konstanz for Yrisz.
    Move: (Substitute minor) Retrieve rope

And, assuming he is still standing for Round 8:

Rogur, Round Eight
    Minor: (none)
    Standard: Tie coracles together
    Move: NE at max speed, aiming for the north side of the platform.
    Free: Action point
    Move: NE at max speed, aiming for the north side of the platform.

Once we're close enough, everybody should clamber over any boats in their way and get to the door in the platform. Where we will undoubtedly be met by other guards.

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Running to work, but meta game wise this should help timings on everybody's schemes. I'll post more after work!!!

* Yrisz Saves vs Death *

Edit: That went over like a lead balloon. I think I need to find a different D20.

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-31-2012 11:19 AM
    Yrisz Saves vs Death : 1d20 (1)

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check. This whole assault seems rather cursed, even if we get Yrisz on her feet soon she's one death save from dead now, not good. Though what can I say, the MGS have ranged weapons and terrain, that has always has proved to be a big problem for the assaulting force (Battle of Agincourt anybody http://xkcd.com/1078/). Thanks for the heroic effort though and we aren't done yet, just in a lot of trouble.

I'll do my best to get the healing flowing once Yrisz is up and kicking! I'll try not to over conserve, which is part of what got us into this fix in the first place.

Be well.

~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    * I'll make another healing check on Yrisz... I hope it goes better this time! *

08-01-2012 12:11 AM
    I'll make another healing check on Yrisz... I hope it goes better this time!: 1d20 (3)

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not better at all! Poor Konstansz apparently doesn't have a healing bone in her body!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wait, I just realized that a healing potion has been lobbed at Konstansz. She shall use that on Yrisz instead!!!

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Umi, I am just waiting on my results of my rolling. Next week is when I leave, so we can either a) wrap it up quick or b) delay until I have reliable internet access.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    * To the last great adventure. *

So if I save this, will I be able to do anything, or just lie there bleeding out?

08-02-2012 10:05 AM
    To the last great adventure.: 1d20 (5)
    Quote: