Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    This is the thirty-ninth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Thursday, July 19th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, July 23rd.

It looks unlikely that I will have much free time this week. Whether or not I will be able to check this site prior to Thursday night is uncertain. Please note the due dates above. I believe I'm waiting on actions or responses from Cutopia, Malk0lm, and Yukonhorror at present.
    I'll delay the move action until Rogur is out of the way.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    OOC Post #36 shows the position of Yrisz's coracle at the end of round 4. OOC Posts #37 and #38 both show the position of Yrisz's coracle at the end of round 5. Only Rogur's coracle had to be updated, as I had not had Rogur's round 5 actions in OOC Post #37. Therefore, the #38 map shows Yrisz's position at the start of round 6.

Oh, I see, Round 6 hasn't happened yet! Sorry.

Also, I really wasn't expected to be kidnapped earlier this week (at least as early as I was), although as we are up to our usual summer slow downs that probably not as much a problem as it would be at other times.

Other then the Healing Word that I've already rolled for Yrisz, I guess she is simply going to double move east to the dock.

I hope your enjoying wherever you are Umi!

Best of luck to all!

Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    I'll delay the move action until Rogur is out of the way.
    If I remember the rules correctly, you can only delay your entire turn, so you'll want to clarify for Umiushi if that is your intent.

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    GAH! Okay fine attack, no move. I'll wait until next round.
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, ideally, Konstansz would like to move out of the boat and up to just in range of the nearest enemy, curse, and eldritch blast.

* eldritch blast *

* eldritch blast potential damage *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-21-2012 02:36 AM
    eldritch blast: 1d20 (2)+ 7 (7) = 9
    eldritch blast potential damage: 1d10 (5)+ 6 (6)+ 1d6 (1) = 12

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #40

This is the fortieth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Friday, July 27th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, July 30th.

I must acknowledge the fact that I have less free time than I did during last year's business trip. Therefore, I'm going to declare another week-long set of posting periods. Also note that players' posts are due by Friday evening of Thursday evening, this time. This reflects the fact that I won't have time to check the site this coming Friday.

That said, my schedule is somewhat better than it was last week, so if there is sufficient activity in the next two days, I may be able to get in a post on Tuesday or Wednesday night.

For now, I'm going to have to stay OOC. Narrative posts may come in a few days' time, or may have to wait until the beginning of August.

The fact that the bad guys dropped Yrisz this round may impact Rogur and Konstansz's chosen actions. For starters, Konstansz still isn't within range of anybody, unless she wants to take a swim or try her luck punting (which will risk capsizing the coracle due to her inexperience). She can still curse the nearest enemy, but should specify if she's going to be doing that specifically, rather than as part of a set of actions.

Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-6a.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	3727
    As promised, I have added the appropriate doors on the second story level of the northeast structure on this map.

Round Six (In Progress)

#4 (Initiative Count 24)
    Expended: 4 quarrels
    Held: crossbow

Standard Action: shoot at Yrisz. (Two attacks. Ranged Superior Crossbow vs. AC at distance 11 - critical hit, hit. Yrisz is bloodied by 13 points of damage and 9 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload.

Noxias (Initiative Count 21)

Expended: Chill Strike (encounter), Flaming Sphere, Shield, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: one
    Held: staff

Standard Action: cast Scorching Burst at #4 and #3. (Area Burst Fire -2 vs. Reflex at distance 7 - misses #4 with a modified result of 7; hits #3 with a modified result of 16. #3 takes 6 fire damage.)

Scorching Burst is an area of effect attack so it targets #3 as well. I took your Malk0lm's second roll for that attack.

#3 (Initiative Count 19)

Expended: 1 quarrel
    6 points of damage

Start of Turn - Yrisz no longer takes extra damage from enemy attacks.

Standard Action: Direct the Strike. (#4 makes a basic ranged attack against Yrisz. Ranged Basic Superior Crossbow vs. AC at distance 11 - hits. Yrisz is downed by 13 points of damage.)

Yrisz (Initiative Count 18+)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: holy symbol (worn), punting pole
    47 points of damage

Yrisz should make death saving throws for this round and the next one, just in case nobody revives her.

End of Turn: Yrisz's coracle is out of control. It moves one square east and then stops.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 18)

Expended: Starfire, 1 healing surge
    Held: rod

TBD

#5 (Initiative Count 10)

Expended: 1 quarrel

Standard Action: shoot at Konstansz. (Basic Ranged Crossbow vs. AC at distance 13 - hits. Konstansz takes 4 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload

Rogur (Initiative Count 7)

Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 23 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling

To be confirmed.

Zephyr is successful in wiggling around to get a full view of his surroundings. He's in a relatively large room, empty of furnishings. In addition to the person next to him, he discovers that the two missing scribes are here, similarly bound and gagged, as well as a bored-looking guard who notes his movement but gives it only a passing glance. Of more immediate interest, there is a splintered and warped section of the wooden floor next to him that might serve as a way to free his bonds.

The following checks are relevant: Dexterity (Acrobatics) to wriggle over to the splintered section; Dexterity (Acrobatics) or Strength (Athletics) to weaken his bonds with that section; Stealth or Bluff and a reasonable-sounding excuse to avoid the guard's intervention in doing so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...and a reasonable-sounding excuse to avoid the guard's intervention in doing so.
    I can picture Zephyr shouting "cramp! oh my leg! Ouch!" LOL

Noxias
    I'll scorch #4 again (maybe 3).

* Attack *

* damage *

* Attack *

* damage *

07-23-2012 12:16 PM
    Attack: 1d20 (3)+ 6 (6) = 9
    damage: 1d6 (5)+ 5 (5) = 10
    Attack: 1d20 (5)+ 6 (6) = 11
    damage: 1d6 (6)+ 5 (5) = 11
    Quote:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rogur is still using non-lethal attacks. Just an FYI in case you wanted to start spilling some blood.
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cutopia, is Konstanz going to take over punting duties? I'm not terribly concerned that Yrisz will expire in the next three rounds, but if Konstanz didn't make her skill check for punting, then Rogur will change direction to intercept your coracle and switch places with you. He'll then punt the coracle to the landing as quickly as possible, expending an action point if necessary to get there sooner. On his next turn, he'll carry Yrisz (which will likely put him well into his "heavy load" threshold) to the door with a double move. Perhaps Noxias & Konstanz can open the door.

If Konstanz *is* going to keep punting, then Rogur's actions remain unchanged, except perhaps that he'll freak out a bit. We'll see about the status of Rogur's non-lethal attacks when he actually starts attacking.

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that simplifies things a bit this round for poor Yrisz. These Matchless Gang such and suches really have a beef towards her.

It seems that they have really taken Gabe's lessons to heart: (Warning:bad language in the following link) http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/09/21/

Or as the smallest person in the party she might have been seen (correctly) as the easiest to cull, though that said she is wearing the heaviest of armor (not that really means a terrible lot in 4e). Though there are things to be happy of, if this was GURPS, Middle Earth Role Playing, Rolemaster, or Twilight 2000, crossbowmen set up like that would have killed most of the party by now.

Good luck saving Yrisz people and thanks for your heroic thoughts Palpatim.

* Yrisz Saves vs Death *

Edit: Wow, well isn't that the bees knees. Sorry, not very helpful. Also the new Batman is beautiful in IMax and the teaser for the new Superman made me cry (it looks like he's not going to have as idealized a life as he had in earlier renditions which I'm glad for). Be well, and sorry for my poor luck.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 07-24-2012 at 10:26 PM.

07-24-2012 10:04 PM
    Yrisz Saves vs Death : 1d20 (4)

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, Konstansz will lie down in the punt to avoid damage and stablize Yrisz.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * uh oh here comes a healing check... not konstansz's strong point *

07-25-2012 12:38 AM
    uh oh here comes a healing check... not konstansz's strong point: 1d20 (4)

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It would probably be more helpful to continue the coracle's forward motion unless Konstanz is unable to do so due to a low skill check.

Upon seeing Konstanz throw herself to cover Yrisz, Rogur will punt toward them and execute the plan outlined above.

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume that's a turn and a move for Rogur, but could you describe where the coracle will wind up and what heading it will have?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for all the trouble this is causing everybody (I looked back to learn what I could and by the time I had realized Yrisz was in trouble the avalanche of damage was already too far along). Please be careful though, because this moving around is extending everybody else exposure to those MGs fire...good luck!

~Mother Teresa