Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Umiushi, et al. Thanks for clarifying. I'm looking for the quickest way to enter the "Castle", so if that is via doors in the NE structure, I'm all for it. Please accept Rogur's revised move action as: (Double Move) SE, Ex5

--T

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    Umiushi, et al. Thanks for clarifying. I'm looking for the quickest way to enter the "Castle", so if that is via doors in the NE structure, I'm all for it. Please accept Rogur's revised move action as: (Double Move) SE, Ex5

--T
    Ack, they are shooting primarily at Yrisz of all people, perhaps they've come to realize her place in the party (party healer). I'm going to assume that she will not go down in the next round and thus not use one of her precious Healing Words on herself as I think we might seriously need those for later.

Yrisz's action is going to continue punting East Double Move which should bring us to the docks this round.

If Konstansz will please dock us and secure us to the dock (with a rope) I would appreciate it.

Umi, would it be possible for Konstansz to slip the boat sideways once we make contact with the dock, using the solid dock for greater leverage? I've moved a a 100ft Coast Guard Cutter this way when I was 14 (with the help of a rope mind you), but these are small boats which should make the operation quite a bit easier. I mean we could disembark of the end of the boat, but that seems funny somehow.

Be well all!
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Umi, would it be possible for Konstansz to slip the boat sideways once we make contact with the dock, using the solid dock for greater leverage?
    I won't say it's impossible or even not probable, but any movement that does not follow the scheme outlined in OOC Post #35 will have to evaluated on a case-by-case basis. As to what Yrisz believes she can or cannot do, she's hampered by her overall lack of experience with this method of transportation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are we on to round six? Or are we still clearing up five? I'm assuming Umi's next post (Thurs) will be the completion of round 5 with updated locations/status of everyone and then we will move on?
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    I won't say it's impossible or even not probable, but any movement that does not follow the scheme outlined in OOC Post #35 will have to evaluated on a case-by-case basis. As to what Yrisz believes she can or cannot do, she's hampered by her overall lack of experience with this method of transportation.
    That still ended up sounding remarkably no-ish.

I'm sure that one way or the other we'll simply have to deal with it next round..am...so what's the action to disembark the boat in a controlled fashion (i.e. not by capsizing the boat).

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably what Umi is saying is that your fate is in the roll of the dice. I say have Konny (yea thats right, I'm shortening it! But don't confuse it with Kony!) kick the boat around sideways when you get close. On the other hand Coracles are usually roundish so there may not be a "sideways" except in relation to your current heading.
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #38

This is the thirty-eighth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, July 14th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, July 16th.

It could be I'm tired from all the traveling but it's really slow going tonight on this laptop. Anyway, here's the end of Round Five. I'll take Round Six actions this posting period.

Zephyr's initial struggles prove futile; he'll have to rely on a more methodical approach. He may use any of the methods outlined previously, but now as part of a skill challenge.

Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-5b.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	3720

Round Five Summary
    #4 (Initiative Count 24)
    Expended: 2 quarrels
    Held: crossbow

Standard Action: shoot at Yrisz. (Two attacks. Ranged Superior Crossbow vs. AC at distance 11 - misses by 5, hits. Yrisz takes 3 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload.

Noxias (Initiative Count 21)
    Expended: Chill Strike (encounter), Flaming Sphere, Shield, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: one
    Held: staff

Free Action: drop the punting pole in the boat.

Minor Action: grab staff.

Standard Action: cast Chill Strike at #4. (Ranged Cold -2 vs. Fortitude at distance 9 - misses with a modified result of 10. #4 is slowed.)

End of Turn: the coracle is out of control and drifts 1 square east.

#3 (Initiative Count 19)
    Expended: 1 quarrel

Standard Action: shoot at Yrisz. (Paint the Bull's Eye. Long Range Repeating Crossbow -2 vs. AC at distance 11 - hits. Yrisz takes 9 points of damage and her enemies gain a bonus to damage rolls against her.)

Free Action: load repeating crossbow.

Yrisz (Initiative Count 18+)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: holy symbol (worn), punting pole
    Status: piloting coracle, takes extra damage from enemy attacks
    12 points of damage

Double Move Action: pilot coracle. (Move. Cost 6 - 6xE.)

Konstansz seems to want to attack, but is too far from any targets.

Konstansz (Initiative Count 18)
    Expended: Starfire, 1 healing surge
    Held: rod

No Actions: Konstansz remains out of range.

#5 (Initiative Count 2 rerolled to 10)

Move Action: step into view.

Standard Action: hurl torch at pile of refuse (Ranged Basic Thrown vs. AC at distance 5 - hits. Floating Dragontar Trap activates.)
    Floating Dragontar Trap's Immediate Reaction (single-use trigger - activated) detonate. (Close Blast Explosion vs. AC targeting Noxias, Rogur, and their coracle at distance 2 - misses Noxias by 7, misses Rogur by 4, automatic miss against the coracle. The red squares on the map represent flaming dragontar that will threaten any character who ends their turn in such a square. This also includes the two squares presently occupied by Noxias and Rogur's coracle.)

Minor Action: ready crossbow.

Rogur (Initiative Count 7)
    Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 23 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling

Double Move Action: pilot coracle. (Cost 6; normal - SE, 5xE.)

PC Results Summary
    Konstansz has cast Starfire (daily).
    Konstansz has spent 1 healing surge.

Noxias has cast Chill Strike, Flaming Sphere (daily) and Shield (daily).
    Noxias has spent 1 healing surge.
    Noxias has taken 6 points of damage.

Rogur has expended 7 crossbow bolts and 24 sling bullets.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.

Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has cast Cure Light Wounds (daily) and Exacting Utterance.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz will take extra damage from enemy attacks.
    Yrisz has spent 1 healing surge.
    Yrisz has taken 12 points of damage.

Enemy Negative Effects Summary

#4 is slowed.

Round Six (In Progress)
    #4 (Initiative Count 24)
    Expended: 4 quarrels

Standard Action: shoot at Yrisz. (Two attacks. Ranged Superior Crossbow vs. ACat distance 11 - critical hit, hit. Yrisz is bloodied by 13 points of damage and 9 points of damage.)

Minor Action: reload.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rogur, Round Six
    Move: Double move: (Punt coracle) Ex3; E, NE, NE (Rogur is now outside the door)
    Minor: Open door, if possible
    Free: None
    Standard: None

--T

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    first, it is marked that I spent 4 HS after regaining consciousness, correct?

Second, can I use something like... flame spiral to make this rope turned to cinders?

Finally, is there anything in the room other than the hot chick to possibly cut (window for glass, a loose nail, a mounted axe?) or possibly loosen the ropes (loose nail, fork that the chick could hold tight, etc...).

IF flame spiral is kosher:
    * flame spiral vs. rope ref *

* fire dam *

ELSE:

* perception to find something to help *

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-13-2012 08:18 AM
    flame spiral vs. rope ref : 1d20 (3)+ 5 (5) = 8
    fire dam : 1d10 (1)+ 3 (3) = 4
    perception to find something to help : 1d20 (10)+ 2 (2) = 12
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do I always get one standard, on minor and one move action? Or can I combine the minor and move action into one standard action so I can have two standard actions?

Noxias, Round 6
    Std: Scorching Burst on #4 (should be reached diagonally with squares to spare)
    Move: Follow Rogur through the door.
    Minor: None

* Attack *

* Damage *

EDIT: What the heck is going on with this roll? Why is there no damage roll but there is a random "Malk0lm rolls some dice" roll. I didn't write that. Is this related to the changes that broke the thread email thing?
    Last edited by Malk0lm; 07-13-2012 at 11:06 AM.

07-13-2012 11:03 AM
    Attack: 1d20 (3)+ 6 (6) = 9
    Damage[/FONT]Malk0lm rolls some dice: 1d6 (1)+ 5 (5) = 6
    Quote:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's try rolling with the stupid "enhanced" editor turned off...

* attack *

* damage *

EDIT: Alright, at least that worked without adding some kind of random "Malk0lm rolls some dice" rolls.

Umi, if you want to make the roll on your own rather than use either of these then that is fine.
    Last edited by Malk0lm; 07-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.

07-13-2012 11:10 AM
    attack: 1d20 (12)+ 6 (6) = 18
    damage: 1d6 (3)+ 5 (5) = 8
    Quote:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ouch, that hurt! Is it me or did Yrisz's coracle not move between the diagram presented in round 4 and the one in round 5 (I might be confused), R and N seemed to move between the two diagrams.

I thought I was going to be shoring things up this round on the dock...do I still need to double move East?

So my turn is going to be either moving double East or getting the coracle turned, tied up, and getting out of it onto the dock.

But first we will start with a minor action Healing Word on Yrisz (I hate using these on the healer, but those MGs are doing a good job of trying to down her).

Minor: Healing Word Yrisz

* Healing Word *

Move Standard: As appropriate.

Lastly, I'm getting kidnapped and taken to my twin's house (which makes it hard to check the webs). I'll try to check in one more time during this posting period but I make no promises....

07-13-2012 10:48 PM
    Healing Word : 2d6 (2,5 = 7) + 4 (4)+ 3 (3) = 14

~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll remind everyone that I'll be answering questions for the next two weeks without any access to rulebooks.

Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    first, it is marked that I spent 4 HS after regaining consciousness, correct?

Second, can I use something like... flame spiral to make this rope turned to cinders?

Finally, is there anything in the room other than the hot chick to possibly cut (window for glass, a loose nail, a mounted axe?) or possibly loosen the ropes (loose nail, fork that the chick could hold tight, etc...).
    I can't remember if it was marked before, but it is now recorded that Zephyr spent four healing surges. His status is as follows:
    Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Life Thane Rage (daily).
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zephyr has spent 9 healing surges.
    Zephyr has taken 1 point of damage.

If I recall correctly, Flame Spiral only targets enemies. Zephyr's feelings to his bonds may not be exactly amiable, but the rope lacks the conceptual standing to be properly considered "an enemy."

For the final question, let me first state that no window in this structure will be made of glass. Only places that are relatively wealthy, such as the tower of the Magus, have glass windows. A nail would be a possibility, a mounted axe a remote one. To examine the area for items that could aid in Zephyr's attempt, please make a Perception Check. Zephyr can also try to make an Acrobatics Check to wriggle around and expand his area of view: success will provide a bonus to the Perception Check, failure a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    Do I always get one standard, on minor and one move action? Or can I combine the minor and move action into one standard action so I can have two standard actions?

Noxias, Round 6
    Std: Scorching Burst on #4 (should be reached diagonally with squares to spare)
    Move: Follow Rogur through the door.
    Minor: None

. . .

EDIT: What the heck is going on with this roll? Why is there no damage roll but there is a random "Malk0lm rolls some dice" roll. I didn't write that. Is this related to the changes that broke the thread email thing?
    Actions cannot be combined to make a "better" action. The primary mechanism for a character to take more than one standard action in a turn is through the expenditure of Action Points, which can be spent once an encounter provided the character has action points remaining. Noxias does have one Action Point at this time.

A note on timing: Noxias takes his turn before Rogur, so the Move Action is not possible; the coracle will not yet have reached the door on Noxias's turn. You may wish to revise Noxias's move and minor actions on that turn.

I have noticed that the new editor, which was updated at the same time as whatever broke the email, appears to insert unwanted code in these posts, with the potential of creating malformed dice rolls and messages. In this case, the initial dice rolls appear to have been correctly executed, even if the labeling was not, so they stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Ouch, that hurt! Is it me or did Yrisz's coracle not move between the diagram presented in round 4 and the one in round 5 (I might be confused), R and N seemed to move between the two diagrams.

. . .
    OOC Post #36 shows the position of Yrisz's coracle at the end of round 4. OOC Posts #37 and #38 both show the position of Yrisz's coracle at the end of round 5. Only Rogur's coracle had to be updated, as I had not had Rogur's round 5 actions in OOC Post #37. Therefore, the #38 map shows Yrisz's position at the start of round 6.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Main Post #39

This is the thirty-ninth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Thursday, July 19th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, July 23rd.

It looks unlikely that I will have much free time this week. Whether or not I will be able to check this site prior to Thursday night is uncertain. Please note the due dates above. I believe I'm waiting on actions or responses from Cutopia, Malk0lm, and Yukonhorror at present.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to try.

I guess I'll try to maneuver for a better view then do a perception

* acro to maneuver *

* perception *

07-16-2012 07:48 AM
    acro to maneuver : 1d20 (13)+ 2 (2) = 15
    perception : 1d20 (18)+ 2 (2) = 20
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"