Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 765

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

  1. #406
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    If Zephyr is inside the "tower", our changing course wouldn't assist him. My understanding is that we need to get inside the structure and ascend it to be of any assistance to our doughty companion. My suggestion was intended to get us to the south "platform" of white squares as quickly as possible. I don't object to engaging #3 at range (especially since we have 3--count 'em!--ranged attackers in the boats right now) but we still need to figure out, in-game, where we're going.

    Yukon, the idea of shouting for Lywthast only works if we're actually searching for her. At this point, I think we're keeping an eye out for the scribes (whose names escape me for the moment) and aren't terribly interested in drawing attention to ourselves. However, if we do start to take on #3, I imagine you'll hear something from that.

    --T
    So we move to usurp #3 bad guy from his high ground?

    I'll make an IC post to that effect.

    Noxias
    Move & Std: Pilot the flimsy coracle South and East of the garbage patch staying within 20 squares of #3. Next round we will try to move within 10 squares.

    Does the punting pole act as staff or anything in terms of hitting or pushing #3 if we decide to dock?
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  2. #407
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redmond
    Posts
    1,241
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    With the set up Noxias already has made with the ginger, I'll have Yrisz call out for Zephyr (once I come home from work tonight)....

    Be well all.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

    Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

  3. #408
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    With the set up Noxias already has made with the ginger, I'll have Yrisz call out for Zephyr (once I come home from work tonight)....

    Be well all.
    Make sure you go like: "Here! Zephyr, here boy! Com'ere boy! Before you rip out the throat of another Matchless member! He really has a taste for them... picking up after him when he's eaten the face off one of those MGrs is no fun, let me tell you!"
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  4. #409
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,729
    Blog Entries
    24
    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    . . .
    Does the punting pole act as staff or anything in terms of hitting or pushing #3 if we decide to dock?
    The punting pole acts as a two-handed, improvised, melee weapon. Specifically, it requires two hands to wield, its attack is based on Strength, it has a proficiency bonus of +0, and does a base damage of 1d8, also modified by Strength.

    Because #3 is standing on the roof of a building that rises three stories out of the water, he is always at least 6 squares distant, even if a character occupies an adjacent square on the map, until the character manages to ascend to the roof, too.

  5. #410
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redmond
    Posts
    1,241
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ug, I was hoping to stay to the west when moving south (should have mentioned this in my previous post). Going east exposes us to so many unpleasant things. My other concern is that Yrisz with her mail and crapy physical stats will not be able to get out of the boat until we hit the white areas anyway, so beeline to it seemed the thing to do.

    On the other hand I will not split the party again (it was a mistake last time, even if Zephyr manage to get what we were looking for). So that said Yrisz will double move (standard and move) her boat in order to stay on N and R's tail.

    Malk0lm, where are you thinking of docking? We don't want to stay in these fragile boats too long as swimming in mail isn't very fun (see drowning).

    edit: Also, Yrisz will keep her boat right behind N's instead of closer to the piles like she currently is. I don't expect we will be going far this round as I see a turn and a move as our actions.

    Lastly, beware of the rodents in the piles, they might not take to us paddling about.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 07-03-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

    Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

  6. #411
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'm just thinking that I would try to find some place that is near Zephyr or maybe something I can just Teleport to. Not really planning that far ahead.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  7. #412
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redmond
    Posts
    1,241
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    I'm just thinking that I would try to find some place that is near Zephyr or maybe something I can just Teleport to. Not really planning that far ahead.
    Oh boy, and I'm following you. There might be some upsides here, as we don't really understand the hazards of the terrain yet, and if Zephyr jumps or unconscious form is pushed out a window we'll be there to save him!

    p.s. next round could you give exact movement instructions for your craft Malk0lm so I can give exact movement instructions and thus make Umi's life an slightly easier affair.
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

    Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

  8. #413
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I can give exact movement, that's no problem. But just for future reference, I don't think that the Noxias character would think much about other's needs. Not that he doesn't care, but more like he doesn't find it too important to consider. I only went east of the garbage patch because it seemed the largest expanse of water and I'm not too sure how Nox will handle the tiny boat.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  9. #414
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redmond
    Posts
    1,241
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    But just for future reference, I don't think that the Noxias character would think much about other's needs. Not that he doesn't care, but more like he doesn't find it too important to consider. I only went east of the garbage patch because it seemed the largest expanse of water and I'm not too sure how Nox will handle the tiny boat.
    No worries, your in character and I can quite respect that. I'm fretting out loud mostly, we don't even know if it is going to prove a bad idea or not. At the end of this round we will probably understand the score better then we do now.

    Umi, I know this is posting late into your domain, but if you need a diplomacy roll from Yrisz for her platitudes, here it is:

    * Diplomacy Check *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-05-2012 11:33 PM
    Diplomacy Check : 1d20 (17)+ 10 (10) = 27
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

    Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

  10. #415
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,729
    Blog Entries
    24
    Downloads
    15
    Uploads
    0

    OOC Post #36 for Acqua Alta Finale

    This post complements the thirty-sixth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, July 7th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, July 9th.

    I don't generally care to do this, and certainly don't wish to make it a habit, but in the interest of giving Yukonhorror something to do, I'm going to retroactively say that Zephyr arrived a few minutes ahead of the rest of the party after all. This will give him time to regain consciousness and maybe explore his new environment, or at least try to work free from his bonds.

    With that in mind, Zephyr gains the benefits of another short rest and can spend even more healing surges.

    Map:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-4a.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	3715

    Now it's time for the rest of the party to roll initiative.

    Round Two Summary
    #2 - (Initiative Count 14+)
    Held: short sword, hand crossbow

    Standard Action: ready action.

    #1 - (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: Begin the Hunt
    Held: two spears
    Status: hunting Zephyr

    Standard Action: total defense.

    #2's initiative count is set to 12+.

    Zephyr (Initiative Count 12)
    Expended: rope, sun rod, Arcane Prodigy (encounter), Escalating Violence (encounter), Life Thane Rage, Savage Growl (encounter), 5 healing surges
    Hands Free: none
    Held: heavy war pick
    Status: non-lethal attacks, #1's quarry, -2 to attacks, +2 to hit and damage to next attack, +3 to next attack against #2, marked by #2
    24 points of damage

    Move Action: shift SW towards other baddy. (Cost 1; shift - SW.)

    Minor Action: draw pick.

    Standard Action: Escalating Violence versus #2. (Melee Heavy War Pick vs. AC - hits with Arcane Prodigy. #2 is bloodied by 28 points of damage. Zephyr gains the Escalating Violence effect.)

    Thaneborn Triumph (trigger - Zephyr bloodies an enemy) Zephyr gains +3 to his next attack against #2.

    Free Action (encounter trigger - Zephyr damages but does not drop an enemy) Savage Growl. (Zephyr and #2 mark one another.)

    #2's Immediate Reaction (readied action trigger - Zephyr has not dropped his weapon on his turn) drive his blade into Zephyr's side. (Hounding Assault. Melee Short Sword vs. AC -
    hits with Savage Growl mark. Zephyr takes 18 points of damage and gains a -2 penalty to his attacks.)

    Escalating Violence (trigger - Zephyr takes damage) Zephyr gains +2 to hit and damage for his next attack.

    PC Results Summary
    Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Arcane Prodigy, Escalating Violence, Life Thane Rage (daily), Savage Growl.
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zepyr is taking a +2 bonus to hit and damage to his next attack, and a +3 bonus to his next attack against #2.
    Zephyr is taking a -2 penalty to his attacks.
    Zephyr is marked by #2
    Zephyr has spent 5 healing surges.
    Zephyr has taken 24 points of damage.


    Enemy Negative Effects Summary
    #2 is bloodied.

    Enemy Damage Summary
    #2 - 28 points of damage


    Round Three Summary
    #1 - (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: Begin the Hunt
    Held: two spears
    Status: hunting Zephyr, flanking Zephyr with #2

    Standard Action: charge Zephyr. (Cost 2; normal - N, NW. #1 is now flanking Zephyr. Melee Spear +5 vs. AC - hits with Hunter's Quarry. Zephyr is bloodied by 11 points of damage.)

    Spirit Speaker (encounter trigger - Zephyr is bloodied for the first time) Zephyr gains +1 to all defenses.

    #2 - (Initiative Count 12+)

    Expended: Hounding Assault
    Held: short sword, hand crossbow
    Status: bloodied, marked by Zephyr, flanking Zephyr with #1
    28 points of damage

    Standard Action: twist blade. (Melee Short Sword +2 vs. AC +1 - hits with Savage Growl mark and combat advantage - Zephyr is knocked unconscious by 22 points of non-lethal damage.)

    Zephyr (Initiative Count 12)
    Expended: rope, sun rod, Arcane Prodigy (encounter), Escalating Violence (encounter), Life Thane Rage, Savage Growl (encounter), Spirit Speaker (encounter), 5 healing surges
    Hands Free: none
    Held: heavy war pick
    Status: non-lethal attacks, prone, unconscious
    57 points of non-lethal damage

    No Actions.

    Enemy Negative Effects Summary
    #2 is bloodied.

    Enemy Damage Summary
    #2 - 28 points of damage

    PC Results Summary
    Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Life Thane Rage (daily).
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zephyr has spent 5 healing surges.
    Zephyr is prone and unconscious.
    Zephyr has taken 57 points of non-lethal damage.


    Some time passes. . .

    Round Four (In Progress)
    Noxias (Initiative Count)
    Expended: Flaming Shere, Shield, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: punting pole
    Status: piloting coracle
    6 points of damage

    Move Action: pilot coracle. (Turn. Cost 1 - SE. Change heading to east.)

    Move Action: pilot coracle. (Move. Cost 3 - SE.)

    Yrisz (Initiative Count)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: holy symbol (worn), punting pole
    Status: piloting coracle

    Move Action: pilot coracle. (Turn. Cost 1 - SE. Change heading to east.)

    Move Action: pilot coracle. (Move. Cost 3 - SE.)

    Konstansz (Initiative Count)
    Expended: Starfire, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: one
    Held: rod
    Status: normal

    Rogur (Initiative Count)
    Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 23 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: two
    Held: none
    Status: non-lethal attacks

    #3 (Initiative Count)
    Held: crossbow
    Status: cover

    #4 (Initiative Count)
    Held: crossbow
    Status: cover

  11. #416
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Dang, they totally screwed me up QUICK! I thought I could at least down ONE of them... Of course, I wasn't planning on savage growl (no need to mark foes when I am the only target). That's ok though. We'll say I did it for the extra damage possibility. I don't know what kind of hp I am down after waking up, but spend at least 3 HS.

    I think it is athletics to escape, right? Can I do some fancy tongue work to at least ungag myself?

    * athletics to escape *

    * generic roll (in case I need it) *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-06-2012 07:54 AM
    athletics to escape : 1d20 (9)+ 9 (9) = 18
    generic roll (in case I need it) : 1d20 (1)
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  12. #417
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    In light of those rolls, and to speed along the story. Here is another 1d20 roll to aid the girl in freeing from her bonds. I am assuming I can inchworm over there to help loosen at least her gag?

    * aid another *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-06-2012 07:56 AM
    aid another : 1d20 (4)
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  13. #418
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    * Init *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-06-2012 10:31 AM
    Init: 1d20 (19)+ 2 (2) = 21
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  14. #419
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Noxias:
    Free: Drop the punting pole in the boat.
    Minor: Grab my staff

    Do I have both Chill Strike and Fire Shroud available to me? I thought that you made me train one before we used the portal? It's been a while, my memory is a bit foggy.

    Std: If I have Chill Strike then
    * Attack against enemy with wickeder looking crossbow *
    (i.e. the dude that can do the most damage, let's take him out first).
    * Chill Strike damage *

    Std: If I don't have Chill Strike then use the same attack roll for Scorching Burst (both are +6 with the fire staff).
    * Scorching Burst damage *

    * Extra roll *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    07-06-2012 10:46 AM
    Attack against enemy with wickeder looking crossbow: 1d20 (6)+ 6 (6) = 12
    Chill Strike damage: 2d8 (8,8 = 16) + 5 (5) = 21
    Scorching Burst damage: 1d6 (1)+ 5 (5) = 6
    Extra roll: 1d20 (20)
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    884
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    /facepalm

    HTML Code:
      .-'---`-.
    ,'          `.
    |             \
    |              \
    \           _  \
    ,\  _    ,'-,/-)\
    ( * \ \,' ,' ,'-)
     `._,)     -',-')
       \/         ''/
        )        / /
       /       ,'-'
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •