Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 765

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

  1. #376
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    851
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    As an addendum to my post in the Party Membership thread Nox's plan is to just follow Rogur's lead to wherever we are going. I expect it will take a week or two before we find the place (real time) so I'm not overly worried.

    If we get jumped while I'm not available, Nox will try to support Rogur's attack by attacking his target. He will likewise do his best to keep enemies away from our two ladies by using attacks that have a knockback effect. If anyone gets too close then Nox will hold both his staff and longsword and poke and beat them away until unable to do so any longer.

    If there is any dispute I will accept Palpatim as my proxy until I am able to catch up (just don't go jumping into any volcanoes!).
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mountlake Terrace
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,256
    Blog Entries
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    851
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ahhhhh!
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redmond
    Posts
    1,215
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    As I wrote in the proper board, I may or may not be incapacitated over the next week due to minor oral surgery. Just like Malk0lm I feel that we are not at a point where major shenanigans might occur, but all the same a copy of my character can be found in the 'character' string.

    I think that Palptim solidly nailed that Streetwise, but there is no major harm in Yrisz trying as well. I'm now playing enough Clerics in 4e/5e games that I should start writing RP notes for each, though I miss the time when Yrisz was a little bit more bubbling (funny, but not always good for intrigue/action RPGS), this is of course disregarding her inept punting practices.

    * Yrisz - Streetwise - What/where is The Castle? *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-23-2012 07:19 PM
    Yrisz - Streetwise - What/where is The Castle?: 1d20 (17)+ 5 (5) = 22
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

    Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,679
    Blog Entries
    24
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0

    OOC Post #33 for Acqua Alta Finale

    This post complements the thirty-third main post in the Acqua Alta Finale thread. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, June 26th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, June 28th.

    This is a map of "the Castle" from Zephyr's perspective.

    Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-0a.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	3698
    Key
    • 2x4 red rectangle to the east - the boat containing Zephyr and others
    • large white rectangles - buildings or parts of buildings within the compound that are four or more stories high
    • gray lines - three-story-high stone wall encircling the compound which look moderately easy to climb
    • thick brown line - a lower, two-story-high, makeshift wooden wall where the stone wall is ruined, it also looks moderately easy to climb
    • small yellow rectangles within the stone wall - open windows on the second story of the stone wall
    • small orange rectangles within the stone wall - wooden, shuttered windows on the second story of the stone wall


    Map Notes
    1. The water is one story in depth, so a two-story-high wall, for example, only rises one story out of the water.
    2. The area within the compound, inside the stone wall, is mostly shown as water, but this actually represents an area out-of-sight that is a mix of water, rooftops, and buildings.



    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    if I remember right, I am pretty hurt. I will use 3 HS during said short rest. Also, how long did it take to get here? Does it seem feasible to punt back to the scriptorium to see if Rogur and the rest returned? I am thinking wait another 5 minutes to see if either a MG member brings the scribes or I see Rogur and them. Then start heading in.

    If it took less than 5 minutes to get here, maybe wait only 2 minutes (they weren't that far behind me).
    It took over five minutes to row to the present location. You can propose a new location to the Trade Ministry official, and try your luck. However, she clearly expects Zephyr to move in immediately.


    Both Yrisz and Rogur are well aware of the haphazard stack of shanties referred to as "the Castle" by the inhabitants of the Ruins. Formerly a furriers' guild hall, little trace of the original structure remains beyond the crumbling stone walls that serve as an exoskeleton for the crude shelters that were built there. The walls of the Church of Saint Avandra were completely toppled, so this is the largest shell of a structure still standing in the Ruins. It is home to the most privileged of the mean lot who are forced to dwell in this neighborhood. In retrospect, it is no surprise that this would mean the Matchless Gang.

    Knowing this, both of you could arrive there within a few more minutes.


    Here is the current PC status, taking into account the short rests. Concerning those who are punting, Rogur is already in as good a condition as he would be if he had taken a short rest; Noxias may spend one healing surge; and Yrisz may recover two single uses of any of the following expended powers: Healer's Mercy, Exacting Utterance, or Healing Word. This is assuming you do not choose to stop and rest for five minutes.

    PC Results Summary

    Konstansz has cast Starfire (daily).
    Konstansz has spent 1 healing surge.

    Noxias is sustaining a Flaming Sphere (daily).
    Noxias has cast Shield (daily).
    Noxias has taken 13 points of damage.

    Rogur has expended 7 crossbow bolts and 23 sling bullets.
    Rogur is using non-lethal attacks.
    Rogur has spent 1 healing surge.

    Yrisz has used a sun rod and 2 healing potions.
    Yrisz has cast Cure Light Wounds (daily), Healer's Mercy, and Exacting Utterance.
    Yrisz has used a Healing Word.
    Yrisz is using non-lethal attacks.
    Yrisz has spent 1 healing surge.

    Zephyr has used his length of rope and a sun rod.
    Zephyr has expended Life Thane Rage (daily).
    Zephyr is using non-lethal attacks.
    Zephyr has spent 1 action point (none remaining).
    Zephyr has spent 5 healing surges.
    Zephyr has taken 6 points of damage.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    so the spent HS is kosher on the way there? That's good.

    Start climbing then. Wherever she suggests.

    * athletics to climb *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-25-2012 08:47 AM
    athletics to climb : 1d20 (15)+ 9 (9) = 24
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mountlake Terrace
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,256
    Blog Entries
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    We (Rogur and Noxias for sure, but I assume Yrisz and Konstanz will remain with us) will continue to the Castle, and hope Zephyr catches up to us. (From a player perspective, we'll hope we run into him when we get there, although it looks like we'll be approaching from the opposite side. But spatial relationships aren't my forte, so I could have everything all skewed around.)

    --T

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Issaquah
    Posts
    851
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    We (Rogur and Noxias for sure, but I assume Yrisz and Konstanz will remain with us) will continue to the Castle, and hope Zephyr catches up to us. (From a player perspective, we'll hope we run into him when we get there, although it looks like we'll be approaching from the opposite side. But spatial relationships aren't my forte, so I could have everything all skewed around.)

    --T
    Agreed, I'll spend that Healing Surge and also make ready a Ghost Sound to let Zephyr know we are here if he is in range. I'll try to whisper to him to look down at us but if there are enemies adjacent to him where they could potentially hear the sound I will not.

    Maybe Yrisz and Konstanz will just go up to the door and knock and demand to be let in while Rogur, Zephyr and I try to break it down from the other side? A bit of a diversion perhaps?
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,679
    Blog Entries
    24
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    Start climbing then. Wherever she suggests.
    The wooden section of wall appears to be the most reasonable. Here is what you see after you complete the climb.

    Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-0b.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	3699
    Key

    • gray lines - three-story-high stone wall encircling the compound which look moderately easy to climb
    • thick brown line - a lower, two-story-high, makeshift wooden wall where the stone wall is ruined, it also looks moderately easy to climb
    • small, black rectangles - crudely-made, wooden doors
    • white squares - one-story-high structures just a few inches above the level of the water
    • olive squares - two-story-high structures or large masses of floating debris
    • orange squares - three-story-high structures
    • red squares - four-story-high structures
    • yellow path - a set of wooden planks twelve feet above the surface of the water that connects the third stories of the central and southeastern buildings


    Map Notes

    1. The top of the wooden wall is thin and slippery. Moving at a speed of more than 2 squares per move action requires an Acrobatics Check to maintain one's footing.
    2. The central building and northwestern building have wooden fencing around their roofs that serve as makeshift parapets.
    3. There are two boats docked on the west side of the northeastern building and two more boats on the north side of the low roof of the one-story section in the south. All four boats look like the same sort that the Matchless Gang has been using.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 06-25-2012 at 06:13 PM.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    I was expecting an entrance.... My orientation is a bit off. Where was the window she talked about?

    In any case, those planks look... purposeful. I'll go towards there (with that red in the middle as the target) at normal speed here is my acro check in case I need it (not the best) Actually, what happens if I slip? Do I go off the edge, or just fall on my bum. If the likelihood of falling off the edge is great, just walk at a speed of 2. If it is just bum falling, normal speed.


    * acro check to maintain balance (if need it) *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-26-2012 03:40 PM
    acro check to maintain balance (if need it) : 1d20 (19)+ 2 (2) = 21
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    I REALLY need to read both before posting. ummm... I'll go to the south door. IN terms of speed, as above.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,679
    Blog Entries
    24
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0

    OOC Post #34 for Acqua Alta Finale

    This post complements the thirty-fourth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, June 30th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, July 2nd.

    To answer Zephyr's question, it's a moderately-difficult Acrobatics Check. If the check was failed by 4 or less, Zephyr would have fallen prone. If it was failed by 5 or more, Zephyr would have fallen off the walkway, with a 50% chance of falling to either side. The fall into the water would be insufficient to do damage, unless there is solid ground just below the surface, in which case he would have suffered 2d10 damage. Anyway, Zephyr easily made the check. In terms of how difficult it looked, it would have been difficult to judge initially, so I took Zephyr's first declaration and had him move at full speed.

    I was going back and forth about whether to ask you if you were going to stop in front of the door to do anything fancy, but to move things along and seeing that you said the highest point of the building was your target, I'll assume Zephyr just walks in. The door turns out to be unlocked and not trapped. It's really little more than wooden boards attached to crude, wooden hinges.

    Map:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-0c.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	3701
    Key
    • As per the previous map, but the small white rectangles are windows.


    Map Notes
    1. I've changed a few of the colors of the around, but there is no great significance in that.


    If Zephyr feels like any combat-based actions, please roll initiative for him.


    I will deal with the other group, hopefully during this posting period, but I'd like to first confirm which powers Yrisz chooses to renew. Unfortunately, Ithelryn may be temporarily incapacitated, so I would like someone else in that group to make the selection for Yrisz and ask forgiveness later. At that point, I will post a revised PC status summary.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 06-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    so who is this dude?

    If he looks like he isn't willing to go through this peacefully, well, I'll probably smack him good and proper with escalating violence (assuming he is adj). If he looks like he will attack, but I have first init, use acid orb. I will save savage growl for later in case I don't get a short rest in between fights. He seems more than a minion so go ahead and use arcane prodigy.

    * init *


    If he approaches me first:

    Minor: ready pick
    std: escalating violence

    * escalating violence vs. AC *

    * dam and if I take dam, +2 to atk/dam rolls until ENT *


    if he DOES NOT approach me, but looks like he is going to attack:

    Std: acid orb vs. ref
    minor: ready pick
    move: get adj

    * acid orb vs ref *

    * acid dam *

    Dice Result History - [Hide]
    06-27-2012 07:39 AM
    init : 1d20 (9)+ 3 (3) = 12
    escalating violence vs. AC : 1d20 (17)+ 7 (7) = 24
    dam and if I take dam, +2 to atk/dam rolls until ENT : 2d12 (12,7 = 19) + 3 (3)+ 2 (2) = 24
    acid orb vs ref : 1d20 (14)+ 5 (5) = 19
    acid dam : 1d10 (10)+ 3 (3)+ 2 (2) = 15
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    2,679
    Blog Entries
    24
    Downloads
    14
    Uploads
    0
    Map: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewField1-1a.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	3705

    In light of the new information, Zephyr can choose to revise his Round One actions if he so wishes.

    Round One (In Progress)
    Start of Combat

    #1 - Begin the Hunt. (#1 gains +2 to initiative. Zephyr is #1's quarry. While Zephyr remains #1's quarry, #1 gains +2 to all attacks against Zephyr.)

    #2 - (Initiative Count 14+)
    Held: short sword, hand crossbow

    Standard Action: ready action.

    #1 - (Initiative Count 14)
    Expended: Begin the Hunt (daily)
    Held: two spears
    Status: hunting Zephyr

    Standard Action: total defense.

    Zephyr (Initiative Count 12)
    Expended: rope, sun rod, Life Thane Rage, 5 healing surges
    Hands Free: both
    Held: none
    Status: non-lethal attacks, #1's quarry
    6 points of damage

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Rapid City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,320
    Blog Entries
    107
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    he wishes. in addition to the nice monologue, put myself into the total defense position.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •