Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale Discussion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Malk0lm, from your post I see you are taking the RP elements with the humor that they were meant to be met with. Just tell me if I go to far, as my character seems to have a somewhat polar disposition to Noxias so while I think her mostly friendly, she might stomp her feet a bit…

Wow, even now this round is mopping up quite well.

Umi, as for talking as a minor action that was meant to be a joke as I felt that Yrisz had been a little chatty the last few rounds…and I couldn't think of anything to do with her minor that round…

Nobody is risking death at this point (unless Roszroon smacks somebody really really good)…so I'm going to do this.

Yrisz will delay her turn until after Roszroon goes, then she will:

Move: So all bloodied allies are within close burst 5 (but not base to base with Rosz assuming Rosz is still breathing). At this point only Marc is the only bloodied player, and I'll still take this action if he still is the only one bloodied.

Standard Action: cast Healer's Mercy.

Minor Action: If needed, any player who is unconscious Yrisz will cast Healing Word on.

* Healer's Mercy *

Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy- Encounter (Divine, Healing), Standard Action, close burst 5, each bloodied ally in burst, effect: each target can spend a healing surge and you are weakened until the end of your next turn. (plus Wis hit points due to Healer's Lore and plus 1d6 + chr healing from Pacifist Healer, Currently Surge+1d6+7)

I'll have full referenced character sheet by this weeks end...

Dice Result History - [Hide]
    04-10-2012 12:07 AM
    Healer's Mercy : 1d6 (2)+ 4 (4)+ 3 (3) = 9
    Acqua Alta - Player of the human priestess Yrisz Vulysenyat.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    actually, if ros is bloodied, I am thinking of changing my action to an intimidate

Std: intimidate ros into surrender

UNFORTUNATELY, no idea on what my intimidate score is so here is a generic d20 roll

* intimidate roll with NO bonuses *

04-10-2012 06:55 PM
    intimidate roll with NO bonuses : 1d20 (8)
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, if Roszroon has not surrendered or gone unconscious before Konstansz's next turn then Konstansz will target her again. If Roszroon is unconscious, Konstansz will choose whatever crossbow wielding thug she can get the clearest shot at (moving as needed to make the shot--but intentionally moving 3 squares so she can still be concealed).

If she targets, Roszroon, she will first go ahead and curse whatever thug would have been her second choice to attack (otherwise if her target is not yet cursed she will curse her target)

* Eldritch Blast vs reflex *

* Eldritch Blast damage *

If Konstansz did not need to move in order to make the shot, then she will move afterwards 3 squares (looks like she should probably move 3 squares closer to the action since she is getting pretty far back from all her shifting around).

04-11-2012 12:33 AM
    Eldritch Blast vs reflex: 1d20 (16)+ 7 (7) = 23
    Eldritch Blast damage: 1d10 (9)+ 6 (6)+ 1d6 (1) = 16

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOC Post #12 for Acqua Alta Finale

This post complements the twelfth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, April 14th. The next OOC main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, April 16th.

It looks like Roszroon's no more by the start of the round. Yrisz probably sticks with her planned actions. As for the rest of you, you can let things stand as they are, which means thug #7 is going to join his two surviving friends and exit to the east, or you can try to rush in and finish him off.

Round Nine Update

Konstansz (Initiative Count 28)
    Expended: Starfire, 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: none
    Held: rod, everburning torch
    4 temporary hit points

Standard Action: cast Eldritch Blast at Roszroon. (Ranged Rod +1 vs. Reflex with Bloodhunt at distance 6 - hits with a modified result of 24. Roszroon loses her temporary hit points and is slain by 12 points of damage.)
    Fate of the Void: Konstansz gains a +1 bonus to any single d20 roll on her next turn.

Move Action: move back to the party. (Cost 4; shadow walk - 4xS. Konstansz gains concealment.)

Minor Action: curse thug #7.

Quote Originally Posted by cutopia View Post
    If she targets, Roszroon, she will first go ahead and curse whatever thug would have been her second choice to attack (otherwise if her target is not yet cursed she will curse her target)
    Konstansz will have to deal with Roszroon first, or the other thug will not be "the enemy nearest to you that you can see."

Quote Originally Posted by cutopia View Post
    Okay, if Roszroon has not surrendered or gone unconscious before Konstansz's next turn then Konstansz will target her again.
    This is the sort of thing that you don't have to worry about if you're at the top of the initiative order. It is of course good practice for when you're not at the top.

Yrisz (Initiative Count 27)
    Expended: sun rod, 2 healing potions, Channel Divinity (encounter), Cure Light Wounds, Exacting Utterance (encounter), Healing Word (encounter - once), 1 healing surge
    Hands Free: one
    Held: everburning torch, holy symbol (worn)
    4 temporary hit points

Standard Action: channel divinity. (Healer's Mercy. Close Burst targeting bloodied allies (Marc) within distance 5. Marc may choose to spend a healing surge to recover 18 hit points. Yrisz is weakened.)

Rogur (Initiative Count 26)
    Expended: 7 crossbow bolts, 23 sling bullets, 1 healing surge
    Held: sling
    4 temporary hit points

Marc (Initiative Count 13)
    Expended: none
    Held: longsword
    21 points of damage

3 temporary hit points

If Marc chooses to benefit from Healer's Mercy, he will have spent one healing surge, not be bloodied, and have 3 points of damage plus 3 temporary hit points.

Zephyr (Initiative Count 9)

Expended: rope, sun rod, Acid Orb (encounter), Action Point (encounter - none remaining), Arcane Prodigy (encounter), Escalating Violence (encounter), Flame Spiral (encounter), Life Thane Rage, Roar of Triumph (encounter), Savage Growl (encounter), Second Wind (encounter), 2 healing surges
    Hands Free: none
    Held: heavy war pick
    19 points of damage
    8 temporary hit points

Noxias (Initiative Count 6+)

Expended: Shield
    Held: staff
    13 points of damage
    3 temporary hit points

Start of Turn: Noxias gains 3 temporary hit points from Zephyr's Life Thane Rage.

#7- Matchless Gang Thug (Initiative Count 6)

Expended: 3 quarrels
    Held: crossbow

S - Roszroon (Initiative Count 6-)
    Expended: Bull Charge, Shielded Sides
    Held: light shield, mace
    75 points of damage

No Actions

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am assuming my intimidate was unsuccesful?

just go for a standard howl of fury

* howl of fury vs. ros AC *

* dam and all OTHER enemies in blast take 6 thunder dam *

04-12-2012 08:58 AM
    howl of fury vs. ros AC : 1d20 (2)+ 7 (7) = 9
    dam and all OTHER enemies in blast take 6 thunder dam : 1d12 (10)+ 3 (3) = 13

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ros is dead. Who are you attacking?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Am Yukonhorror, didn't you mean to be targeting Thug #7 because Rosz is speaking with her maker by your turn in the round...wow, I can't believe Rosz is dead, I thought she had another hat trick up her sleeve for she seemed so confident or perhaps some meet there end better than others. I'll give her that...RIP Roszroon.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ha, look at the post times Palp. Darn I messed it up by saying that...we had posted at the same minute.

Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.
    ~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    My IC post assumes that the fighting is over.

Also, I'm using some cantrips for dramatic and narrative appeal, feel free to let me know if that is a problem.

I think Nox is a little cranky at Yrisz.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    apparently I missed that... move to nearest baddy and target them including other baddies in blast

Downloads
    Uploads
    Marc is not going to pursue so I'll just make an IC post.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rogur is not going to pursue the remaining thugs. --T

Downloads
    Uploads
    The dang browser ate my post three time (the second one was my negligence from not learning from the first time).

Simply put this time (because I'm not going into the detail I did before), Yrisz will double move to follow Zephyr who seems from his earlier post is going to press the last MGer. She's just going to keep an eye on things as Zephyr is already a bit beat up. If he is blooded by her next turn she will toss him a Healing Word as well. Yrisz hasn't forgotten Noxias's hurts, but she'll see to them during the short rest period.

~Mother Teresa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Konstansz will also not pursue. She would like to get that dwarf to the authorities and see if she can observe the questioning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    Yrisz hasn't forgotten Noxias's hurts, but she'll see to them during the short rest period.
    Baleful, eh? Well then, we'll see how this plays out!
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Malk0lm View Post
    Baleful, eh? Well then, we'll see how this plays out!

Hmmm. I just looked up the diction of Baleful, it was not exactly what I thought it was. Exasperated or some form of exacerbate was more the word that I was looking for...I will change my post accordingly...

Also, she is more saying, we have our skins and the floor is littered with the remains of our dead or maimed enemies, and Noxias is concerned about his cloths/equipment that are more or less still providing their functions (a lot important things in Yrisz measure could have been and were lost in that fight). She also wondering what will happen when we end up in the 'drink', which will probably happen sooner or later, and poor Noxias gets everything including his under cloths wet, dirty, and ruined. Or worse, he does something that gets the bureaucracy of the Empire more on our case, which I read as somewhat akin to getting the bureaucracy in China or Japan on your case, which is really inconvenient (and sometimes fatal). I'm writing all this because there are contexts that can be picked up form body language that become cumbersome to write in story posts...that's all.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 04-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.

~Mother Teresa