Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Will do madame!" Zephyr takes his weapon in hand and approaches the unhooded figure on the boat at full speed. With his momentum, the kidnapper loses his footing and splashes into the water. "Stay behind me, madame. I'll make sure you make it back to the tower safely." Zephyr glares at the other kidnapper with pure malice.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Ha, hostile towards The Temple, that's not the half of it really," Yrisz says as the brief shadow of grief flutters across her fine features. "When last we left things, it looked rather like the Matchless Gang had ended the Temple's presences here in Bailston Mound though, every last monk except Lywthast which is why we are so fierce to have her recovered."

Realizing that she has now entirely slacked in her punting, Yrisz tries to make up by punting all the quicker.

"I don't know if we know much more then what I've already said, Miss," Yrisz says her quirky smile returning between punt inflicted grunts. "We know that the Gang is making war with the Temple, and that they pulled in Avandrist for added muscle. Also we've heard rumor that the Matchless Gang become a pest only after the Edict of Evocation, which suggests they were always related to the Avandrists, but the Edict exposed the connection. Probably the Avandrists were in charge out of the two as all The Gang members we've met thus far wreak of enforcers and commoner rabble, not much initiative or grace among them, though I was somewhat fond of our sadistically plucky pair we killed in the tower."

"My thought is the Edict smashed the head of the snake exposing how long the its body had really grown as it riled about in pain. Unfortunately it sounds rather like the snake's head wasn't destroyed like everybody thought so we are in rather a bit of trouble here, as the snake's fangs are bearing, and the body, the Matchless Gang, isn't dying a slow death it should…These are all guesses mind you…but they fit what we are seeing somewhat…"

Again, Yrisz realizes her pace is waining and again ever to quickly tries to make amends.

"Am…I was going to the Temple of Lighting's Spear before my teacher, Ms. Bieiris, deposited me here as she thought it safer, pah, though perhaps it is though as I hear that the Matchless Gang was causing pains there too. Gah, and the next boat hand who rows for me is in for a quite a tip," she says brushing the sweat out of her eyes.

"So, am, what kind of alchemical supplies have gone missing?" Yrisz asks. "That could be quite telling as well."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "All I know of the alchemical supplies is that they were at some point labeled as having the purpose of 'homunculi.' Not much to go on, is it? Also, the Avandrists here added something to the shipment before it proceeded on to its final destination and they did so shortly before the destruction of their temple."
    "I've been here in Beilston long enough that I've picked up a second task. I'm also trying to find a young warlock named Polon, who was most likely kidnapped, or worse, by this Matchless Gang. Everywhere I turn here, it seems this gang is somehow involved in mayhem. I hope we can find a way to topple them once and for all."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #27

This is the twenty-seventh Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, June 5th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, June 7th.

"That is enough out of all of you, I do believe," says the official softly. "Stop your fighting and come aboard our vessel. I will have everything sorted out to my satisfaction."

The last punter looks from Zephyr to Lywthast to the woman, and cautiously lays down his pole with an abashed half-grin. The one fallen in the water awkwardly paddles to the far side of the street, and neither the official nor her guards appear interested in dealing with him further.

The last punter on the closer of the two boats that Rogur and Noxias are pursuing pushes her boat backwards towards the pair. As it slowly rotates towards them, she casts her pole into the water and dives in, a moment later.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well, I got what I came for, so that's fine. You first, sir." Zephyr indicates towards Lywthast's captor with a heavy dose of sarcasm. After stowing his weapon, he quickly unties Lywthast, "You OK? You hurt? Sorry we were not there to prevent this madness. However, it looks like we have subsided the flooding." Zephyr waits for the kidnapper to proceed first before following.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Rogur, mind the other punt while I put one of these Matchless members into the water."
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz's mouth drops open at the Tieflings words, "Homunculi again! Erzebet had papers about making homunculi, she seemed very serious about a project of that sort." Yrisz blushes beyond her exertion, "honestly, I didn't understand a thing that the papers said, though I remember several of the names mentioned, Cresta who was perhaps E's friend and even a Imperial Cult member, I think that a Master Acrod was mentioned, (whomever he is) and even there was a paper by Krushevx I think…but none of it made sense to me, like stepping into a conversation spoken mostly in a foreign tongue. Our friend Ariellana I think understood it much better, but we left her in Tanisaornkuld after…"

"oh dear!" the young cleric says as she misleads the small skiff into what appears to be the remains of a long abandoned store front, the skiff's sides making an unwholesome crunching sound making the girl girl wince in sympathetic pain.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 06-09-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #28

This is the twenty-eighth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, June 9th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, June 11th.

"Thank you, Zephyr," Lywthast replies, "Ogam and the other scribes were also taken. We were loaded onto different boats."

While the gang member is secured, the official is deep in thought, making gestures like she's counting to herself. At last, she looks up, "Though they scattered, there may be a central gathering point." She addresses the prisoner, "You will lead us there." Turning to Zephyr and Lywthast: "What shall we do with you two, I wonder. If we don't hurry, those other captives may be moved before we reach there."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #29

This is the twenty-ninth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, June 12th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, June 14th.

Noxias's spell blasts one of the two punters. Seeing this, the two captives rise up and the one in front headbutts the last one overboard.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "My companions tried to pursue some of the other captors, but I am not sure where they went. We will follow you to where you think the scribes might be located. You can deal with us later."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Rogur! The boat!" Noxias braces for an impact of the two punts.

Nox turns to the freed, but still bound captives, and attempts to hail them. "Hi there! No need to thank us. Who are you?"

Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh look Konstansz, I think it is them," says Yrisz, her pale face utterly drained of color from exertion.

"They've already secured the prisoners and are now toying with remaining Matchless Gang Members it seems, so very like them," the young cleric says the shadow of a smile playing across her lips.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh dear, I guess we missed out on the action this time," Konstansz says, looking a bit disappointed.
    "I do find your connection to Erszebet of interest. The kidnapped warlock was an apprentice of hers."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz stops rowing to let her mouth fall open in surprise. "Kidnapped warlock, E's apprentice?" is all she can gasp at first. "Do you mean you know what happened to Polon," she hopefully squeals, her punting rod now completely forgotten.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #30

This is the thirtieth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, June 16th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, June 18th.

Rogur kicks out at the oncoming boat, but not strongly enough to avoid a minor collision. The coracle's forward progress is briefly blocked, but it's a Pyrrhic victory for the Matchless Gang as they are no longer in a position where there is anyone left standing to fight or flee.

The two scribes are Vist and Penally, familiar to everyone but Noxias. Vist is an elderly, white-haired man, the oldest of the scribes. Penally is a woman of middle years, a little round around the belly but sturdily-built. It turns out she's the one who headbutted the last thug into the water.

Penally stares at Noxias for a moment, and then nods and swallows, "My name is Penally. We are scribes from the Scriptorium of Saint Ioun. These foul people kidnapped us, and took us from there! They took the others, too: Ogam, Gendoll, and Lywthast! Each boat went in a different direction, but one of them definitely said, 'Meet together at the rendezvous.'"

The official looks at the captive, "I'm not sure what he's talking about either, but your part is clear: show us to where you intended to take this woman. I will mention your cooperation to Radimoth." The man sighs loudly and begins giving directions.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast