Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    "Right! Let's go now before we lose them altogether." Noxias holds on to the boat while Rogur pushes it along. As they begin to travel south he stops the party, "Rogur, wait here for one second." Noxias holds out a hand and small ornate arrow appears on the side of the building. "Hopefully Zephyr will notice that."

Travelling south, Noxias beings questioning passers-by. "Excuse me, you there, have you seen a boat with a couple hooded figures travelling this way?"
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Ok, the southern boats might be best then," Yrisz says cheerly to Konstansz as she swings there boat around with surprising skill.

"Keep your eyes peeled and I'll see what I can manage," she says straining with effort at the punt.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #22

This is the twenty-second Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 19th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, May 21st.

The tower's coracles are not the steadiest of boats, but seem to be water-worthy enough. The poles are long enough to reach the bottom of the flooded street, but perhaps were not made to anticipate a flood of this magnitude; the punters find themselves holding on to the very tops of the poles.

Most of the other boaters stare at Noxias in surprise. Some nod apprehensively. Others shrug. A few nod and point towards the fleeing boats with some words of explanation and inquiry.

As Zephyr closes in on his target, the fleeing boat passes by a rather broad skiff with a pair of rowers. Standing in the skiff are two armed and armored guards and a woman wearing a brown half-cloak. She favors Zephyr with an owlish look.

"Do you make a habit of jumping into the water with your clothes on?" she asks conversationally as Zephyr approaches, "Is that how you bathe? Please bring the boat you are occupying to a halt alongside this one."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh bother," Yrisz mutters nearly loosing her punting pole for a second time. Her fumbling allows Noxias and Rogur's boat to move ahead despite their own lackluster performance with the punting pole.

"This is all a good bit harder then the MGs made it seem," she calls out almost jovial for her frustrations. "If this keeps up we might just want to cut back and see if Zephyr needs our aid," she adds to Konstansz, "unless you are seeing something here I'm really not."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #23

This is the twenty-third Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, May 22nd. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, May 24th.

Without slowing, Zephyr propels his boat forward and to the far side of the street, hoping to avoid the other vessel.

The woman raises her gloved finger in the air and her two guards draw their already-loaded crossbows. Pivoting smoothly on her feet, she keeps her face towards Zephyr.

"I see you still have that large, barbaric-looking weapon on your back. Did you get proper authorization to carry it with you? Stop your poling and show me your papers."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Madame, I do have the proper authorization. However, my papers may have been lost in the flood. In any case, I don't have time to doddle; I AM in a rush. So if you don't mind, I'll come back and show you my papers later. I have more pressing matters now." Zephyr keeps punting along in hopes he can catch up with the Matchless Gang's boat.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz's handing of the punting pole proves very un-seaman like, "It's much to small to use properly," she complains to her Tiefling boat mate.

She makes up for her lack of skill with a surprising amount of pluck, pushing for a great deal longer then her petite frame would suggest possible, to little effect unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #24

This is the twenty-fourth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 26th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, May 28th.

"Not having the papers is the same as not having authorization. For that matter, I'm curious if you really own that boat you're on." The official watches neutrally as Zephyr outmaneuvers her rowers, her finger still poised in the air. She turns her head to each of her guards, catching their glance.

"Don't kill him if you can manage it, but do not let him get away," she says, and lowers her finger to point at Zephyr's back. With sharp twangs, the guards fire. The bolts slam into the half-elf's shoulder and thigh, nearly knocking him forward.

"I knew he was a tough one," she observes as her guards reload, "Try to avoid his vitals. He's attempting to be polite, after all."

Elsewhere in the flooded city, Noxias and Rogur continue to close on their quarry, but Yrisz and Konstansz fall further and further behind.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As Zephyr punts away from the authorities, he tries to keep things civil, "Well you do catch more flies with honey then vinegar, as my father always said. As for the proper documentation, in the current circumstances, I didn't want it getting ruined in the flood."

As the bolts go into Zephyr's back, he flinches but continues towards his quarry, "If you must shoot me, that's fine. But know this, if it weren't for me, the water levels would be as high as the mountain septs. I really do need to finish what I was doing, so yes, do avoid my vitals. I will come quietly after I have finished what I was doing."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #25

This is the twenty-fifth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, May 29th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, May 31st.

Another crossbow quarrel tears a gash along Zephyr's arm. A second one shoots through his thick, hide armor, the metal-tipped head projecting outward from his body at an odd angle.

"It is rare to find someone who resists authority to be so understanding," replies the woman, "but you are making less and less sense. Maybe you are merely a lunatic. One that must be stopped, in any case."

A few yards ahead of the boats that the rest of the party is chasing is a neighborhood much more crowded and less well-to-do than anything you've seen on the route until now. Rogur recognizes it as "The Ruins," the city blocks that were torn down around the Church of Saint Avandra. Rude, wooden buildings, haphazardly assembled over the stone carcasses of the former dwellings, rise above the water. The residents are gathered on their rooftops, or are lounging around on barges and rafts.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "I apologize for your lack of understanding. I am not crazy. See that boat ahead. I believe they have kidnapped a friend of mine. I must save her. I am sure you would similarly endure pain to save a ward of yours. If you must detain me after she is safe, so be it. BUT, I AM going to make sure she is safe."

Zephyr puts ever muscle into work to catch up to the other boat. His arms burn like a mountain's fire and his lungs seem like he swallowed one of his own acid orbs. Aside from this, he keeps his target in scope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweating under the humid heat of the day, her hard work, and heavy mail, Yrisz manages with effort to give Konstansz a rye smile.

"I'm ah, much afraid that we are the slowest contestant in this game, but at least we can, am, compare notes as this has all been rather quick.""Am, did you know that the old Church of Saint Avandra and the Matchless Gang have rather close ties, (oof stupid pole). You see, one of the Matchless Gang sergeants was talking about exactly that when we were sneaking up on him during their raid on the Hieromonk Kruskevx's temple. (ouch, how does Noxias make this looks so easy)…He said that they even had Avandrains providing magical support during the attacks that night, though I don't think we faced any ourselves when we rescued Lywthast. We…we would have saved more, if there had been more to save, (oh come back punting pole, I shan't bite!),"Yrisz says quickly retrieving the her lost pole before it escapes her reach. "Ah, My thoughts turn turn this way because look where we are heading, to The Ruins, I heard it said that the old Avandrain leader still pots from some hidden lair there, though he has surely come up for air now! Am, of course being a Rebus Legothete you must know a bit about this then I."

"Am,What was the mystery that brought you here again Ms. Konstansz?" Yrisz unconsciously slows her now rhythmic punting as her eyes slowly mist over in thought...
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 05-29-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nox moves closer to the little vessel, hoping to put Rogur in a better position to identify it's occupants.

"Rogur, I know we've just met here, but honestly, what is the game plan here? My arms are getting tired."
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I am ultimately on my way to the Temple of Lightning's Spear in Temple's Landing. I've been retracing the path of shipment of alchemical supplies to determine its fate. The shipment may have been altered by the Avandrists as it passed through this town. My encounters thus far with the Matchless Gang indicate they are hostile towards the local branch of the Temple of Lightning's Spear here. Can you enlighten me any further about the relationships between the Matchless Gang and these two religious organizations?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #26

This is the twenty-sixth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, June 2nd. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, June 4th.

Rogur cannot recognize just who is under the hoods so he shouts at them but is ignored, or perhaps his voice simply does not carry far enough to be heard. Noxias, however, throws a fiery spell that attracts everyone's attention and sends the burnt body of one of the Matchless Gang's members falling into the water. With loud exclamations, the remaining boaters do their best to get away.

Elsewhere in the city, and perhaps in the past or future relative to the rest of you, Zephyr staggers under the brunt of multiple darts, but finally brings his boat nearly next to the one he's chasing.

"You are raving," the official states. "When you are subdued, I will deliver you to Rafias Ring to see if they can't heal your delusions." Her guards hurriedly reload, but before they can fire again, the seated figure hastily stands and shakes off her hood, revealing a pale face framed with pitch-black hair. There is an audible gasp from the bystanders, and Zephyr, even through his pain and fatigue, finds his heart skipping a beat at her amazing beauty.

"I am Lywthast," she cries, "daughter of Hieromonk Krushevx Sastwyrhta! I am being kidnapped by these men!" She nods awkwardly to her surprised captors. It's now clear that her arms have been bound.

"Help me!" she locks gazes with Zephyr, "Zephyr, help me!"

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast