Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Yrisz gathers up her long lengths of rope and proceeds with on her quest to tie up the unconscious Matchless Gang members.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #18

This is the eighteenth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 5th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, May 7th.

Marc retrieves a length of rope and follows Yrisz's example.

"I will stay to look after these two. I want to check the second story of the bookshop; I don't think the thugs made it into that building. There were five people here a few moments ago: an elderly man, two other men, a woman, and. . ." he flushes a little, "another woman. Most or all of them are the scribes for this place, I think."

In the large storage room under the light of Noxias's spell, Rogur sees that it is unchanged from his last visit. The two boats look like they each have room for one occupant, or two in close quarters. Everything in this room is in good shape, and the mechanism to raise the far wall is well-greased. With Noxias to help, he expects to have the boats in the water within a few minutes.

Outside, Zephyr hauls himself up the stern of the boat. Standing quickly, he shoves back an attempt by the pilot to rush him, and the two of them face off as other boaters in the channel stop and stare.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "No offense boy, you are not shoving me off this boat. Let's not make this more difficult than it has to be. I just laid to waste both Roszroon and Roti; do you REALLY want me to do the same to you? I am taking charge of this boat whether you let me or not." With that, Zephyr rushes the boatman.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz stops her quick preparations of the rope to breathlessly describe Lywthast to Marc.

"Was she, um, the girl that makes you fluster so?" Yrisz asks with the hint of a smile. "She was the best of them I thought to," Yrisz says with a measure of warmth in her voice.

"Well, with you staying here I should run off to make light work for the others for these guys will not be stirring for a while yet," she says indicating to the unconscious Matchless Gang members.

With a quick gesture Yrisz abandons her chopped pieces of rope to Marc's care and pads away to join Noxias's and Rogur's efforts to prepare The Tower's small boats.

"Do be careful Marc," she calls back as she follows Noxias's ghostly light to the boat room.

"Oh dear," she says squeezing into the room and trying divine a way to help rather then hinder, "are we all going to fit in those?"

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #19

This is the nineteenth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, May 8th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, May 10th.

"I'm not flustered by her," Marc responds, looking briefly annoyed, "I'm just. . . curious. She has something besides human blood, if we are talking about the same person. Now, off with you to help your comrades!"

Konstansz's appearance and the black bolts of magic she casts elicit quite a response from the onlookers. Sadly, they fail to fell their intended targets, who hastily exit from her effective range. However, as she is leveling her curses, she notices that beyond the two escaping boats, there is yet a third, similar boat heading north. It too has two seated, cloaked passengers, just like the other two. As she notes this, it rounds a corner and is gone from her sight.

Zephyr's rush, only a scant moment after he's pulled himself out of the water, bowls his opponent off the boat. Seeing the victorious Zephyr towering above him, the man thinks twice about returning the challenge, and starts swimming to the nearest building with a dry landing.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Well, that's what you get for not listening..." Zephyr grabs the remaining paddle and paddles as fast as he can to catch up to the hooded figure.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noxias reaches Rogur and begins trying to help. "Your friend Zephyr is rather reckless. Does he defenestrate himself often? Seems like a bad habit to be in, even with water there to cushion his fall."
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Defen-what? If you mean throwing himself out the window, just say that. But you're not wrong, he does like to mix it up." Rogur says, deftly untying the ropes that secure the boats and looking for a way to lower them to launch position.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Oh, he does love a good tiff Zephyr does, though have you noticed Rogur, he doesn't seem one to kill much," Yrisz says with a satisfied smile as she struggles with her allotment of ropes. "I suspect its the reckless hunt that really excites him mo...oh bother this line...and he probably set upon the quickest way to acquire a boat as well, and while *ouch* denying the MGs a boat in the process. I can seldom find fault his tenacity really, especially at this very moment," Yrisz says pausing a moment to remove her chain mitts which she stows carefully in a concealed pocket sown into back of her dark blue tabard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Strange, one who likes to battle but shies away from death? I think reckless is too kind a description for that preposterous behavior. If you are willing to engage then eliminate you enemies. There is nothing to be gained from leaving them alive and maimed; unless, of course, to interrogate them later." Noxias reaches out for a line to help steady the craft while Rogur works on putting them in the water.
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #20

This is the twentieth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, May 12th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, May 14th.

An odd, crane-like device lowers the boats into the water. Something like this might really come in handy at the Imareska docks, but it still requires a lot of grunt work from Rogur, Noxias, and even Yrisz. After a few minutes of hurried effort, however, the boats are floating in the water and are ready to be boarded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noxias looks at Rogur, then at Yrisz, then back at Rogur. "You look like you know what you are doing, I'll ride with you." Looking back to Yrisz he says, "you ought to get that Tiefling to help you drive this punt, otherwise you might get left behind."
    Quote:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Konstansz can barely contain her concern for the kidnapping in progress, "Who else plans on pursuing the northbound boat? Let's save those two captives! The other boat can rescue those to the south."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz looks hesitantly at Rogur and Noxias as they board their respective craft. "It sounds rather like Konstansz and I shall harass the Northern craft, unless you think Lywthast might prove to be in the southern, they did stand when Zephyr called her name, though I didn't know what to make of it at the time..."

Once Konstansz boards and is settled in the vessel Yrisz quickly tries her hand with the punt. "I really never tried this before," she admits sheepishly to the Tiefling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I would like us to do our best to rescue all the captives. Although if you feel we can not afford to split our resources to pursue both, then perhaps you are right and we should all pursue the south bound boat. Recovering Lywthast is the highest priority," Konstansz reconsiders.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast