Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Rogur carefully cleans his blade on the shirt of one of the downed thugs, and watches the rest of the party mill around the hall. He sees Yrisz face the northern window and begins a warning, but he is too late. The window shatters, leaving a frame lined with sharp edges. Shame, though. He's never been above a little petty vandalism against people who deserve it, but Duvek and his wife seemed like nice folk. Yrisz' next words bring him to his feet, though. Sheathing his blade and stowing his sling, he runs to the window to look through the muggy air at the hooded figures and gives it up as a bad job. It could be Duvek and Iniyusi, or it could be two random strangers. Odd that they're all dressed the same, though.

He turns to face the human and the tiefling, his voice rising slightly to be heard across the room. "Well, we drove 'em off, but I'm keen to hear just what you two did to get their cords all knotted in the first place, and how you ended up here."
    Last edited by Palpatim; 04-23-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Correcting post details

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz keeps a vigil on the Matchless Gang's watery retreat while listening keenly to what response her new acquaintances might give to Rogur's query.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noxias' searching is a bit less vigorous after listening to Rogur's probing question. Finding the Tenser's components he sets them aside. His current raiment does not agree with this warm land despite being quite fond of more igneous environs. He begins to remove his fireburst robes and travelling clothes and replaces them with a fine linen shirt. Keeping his trousers in place he dons the robes again but keeps them loose to help with the air flow. Finally he carefully folds the remaining clothes back into his pack and fastens it closed.

He walks casually over to Zephyr and waits for a break in the conversation before attempting to strike up a chat. "I didn't know you were so talented with arcane fires. I would be willing to share some of my knowledge in exchange for yours so that we may both benefit. For example, you claim to be no mage however that inferno you unleashed was quite impressive."
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zephyr is caught back a bit by Noxias's comment. "Well... I am not a mage. That 'inferno' has never happened before. For whatever reason, I have always had a natural connection to the arcane, but no real conscious control over it. When my emotions get a little heated, it always seems to manifest itself. My father and I always attributed it as a gift from the spirits."

Zephyr maintains a sightline with the boats outside while he "chats" with Noxias. "As you can tell, it has been a bit since we left the mound. Can you two tell us who you are, why was the matchless gang chasing you, and where the proprietors of this bookstore are? We have an urgent message for Duvek and his wife concerning their son."
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonhorror View Post
    Zephyr is caught back a bit by Noxias's comment. "Well... I am not a mage. That 'inferno' has never happened before. For whatever reason, I have always had a natural connection to the arcane, but no real conscious control over it. When my emotions get a little heated, it always seems to manifest itself. My father and I always attributed it as a gift from the spirits."
    Not wanting to interrupt the other conversation Noxias interjects between breaks and pauses in the dialogue. "What, not a mage? You just sort of, bleh," Noxias makes a noise not unlike a dog choking on a bone, "and create powerful effects? That's... I don't know what to say." Noxias is disappointed that the one comrade he thought he had in the group is so unnatural in his use of magic.

Later, after listening to the conversation unfold, Noxias turns away and makes himself busy rearranging his pack. He shuffles his items around and grasps his purse to retie it. Noticing that it is somewhat heavier he peers in confused to see some dull metal discs where his once brilliant ducats used to lay. "What, what is this?" He dumps the contents on the table. "These coins are nothing! What happened? I...I get forcibly removed from my home, have to join a party of unnatural mages," he casts a sideways glance at Zephyr, "and now I have nothing left to even purchase a meal?!" His shoulders fall as he leans heavily on his staff. "At least I won't have to worry about getting killed with such a skilled group of fighters. Starving on the other hand is a distinct possibility."
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yrisz keeps a keen eye on the boat traffic outside with Zephyr.

"Konstansz, if you could please come over here," Yrisz says indicating the window she is standing at, "what do you make of all these people with the cloaks on, super suspicious considering the temperature and all, but might you be able identify any of them?"
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 04-25-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Wait a moment, I almost forgot about Lywthast. We busted our necks trying to save her from these goons. Maybe they are going for round two. Where the heck is she?" Zephyr approaches the window and yells as loud as his powerful lungs can, "LYWTHAST! ARE YOU OUT THERE!" Zephyr listens closely for a response.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the boaters look up as Zephyr shouts. All three of the cloaked figures stir, and two try to rise from their seats, only to be roughly pushed back down by the pilots.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rogur looks out, alarmed, and shares a worried glance with Zephyr. "Get to the boats!" he shouts, and races off toward the pair of tragets Duvek showed them on their previous visit.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "I have a nasty feeling they aren't the ring leaders of today's escapades. Seriously, can I not go one day without getting soaked." Zephyr shakes his head a bit and dives into the water after the cloaked figures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Wait, you think that is Lywthast!" Yrisz says her eyes as big a saucers.

"Oh no," and with that she follows hard at Rogur's heels rushing to where they had last seen the Tower's small boats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "What? Who is Lywthast? Where are you going?" Noxias hastily packs his gear back up and races to catch up to Rogur.
    Quote:

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Lywthast is the daughter of the MGs worst enemy, you see," Yrisz says breathlessly to Noxias as she halts her headlong run by his question, and the realization that she was about to leave unrestrained Matchless Gang members in a tower full of scribes.

"She's Hieromonk Krushevx's daughter," directs to Konstansz and Marc while pull out a roll of thick hemp rope which she start to cut into small sections. "We went to great lengths, quite nearly drowned all of us, to save her when the Temple of the Great Master was sacked by the MGs, that's why we are so heart broken about them getting her again. I wonder who else they are nabbing?"

"Let's split for a second with some helping Rogur with the boats and some with me get these gents settled for their kip," she says neatly cutting another piece of rope, "and if we can could somebody keep an eye to which way that boat turns please?"
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 04-29-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swimming with all his might, Zephyr slowly gains on the first of the two boats escaping down the flooded, eastern side street. The man on the boat draws his punting pole out of the water, and wielding it like a quarterstaff, attempts to bludgeon Zephyr.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Meanwhile, Noxias is right on the heels of Rogur. They enter into a dark area. "Gah, I can't see anything in here!" Noxias utters a few quiet words and lights the end of his staff, holding it aloft for himself and Rogur.
    Last edited by Malk0lm; 05-06-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast