Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Regaining his feet, Rogur catches Yrisz before she stumbles into him and slides around her to stand between her and the door. He nearly chokes in surprise at her description of Duvek's invitation, and wonders if she knows what that phrase...best not to think about it.

He shakes his head minutely to clear it and studies the newcomers with a wary eye. To Konstansz, he grunts, "There's not really a right place or time around those folks. We ran into them..." He guesses hesitantly, "Yesterday, maybe?" Time spent in the Feywild didn't feel the same as time in the real world.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "To keep things short, we are not with either the church OR the matchless gang. We have battled both. However, it seems the gang is becoming more of an aggressor against us than we originally thought. Whoever you are, we are with you. If they are pursuing you, get inside and we'll fortify our position." Zephyr moves towards the door, takes out his pick and readies himself once more.

"Can't get a break can we there, Rogur? Just wanted to come home, get an ale at the Little Ortalan, and sit in front of the fire for an afternoon."
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I missed my chance to burn Elpy so this Matchless group will have to do. Join us and we will make quick work of this." His ears perk up at the mention of ale, "If your Little Ortalan ale is a fraction as good as what I'm used to back home I'll happily drink you under the table."
    Ariellana, Noxias, and Yrisz that one time...
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."
    Translation: "Damn girl, you fugly."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Marc moves to stand next to Zephyr. "Then the gods haven't abandoned me yet. We can hold them here where their numbers won't be an advantage"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "We didn't really battle the church did we?" Yrisz asks Zephyr biting her lip slight apprehension as to how the half-elf might answer her. "Oh and Noxias dear, the Matchless Gang will surely oblige you with a fight...wait...what did you say about their numbers," Yrisz says locking her large eyes to Marc.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Not so much we battled the church. They attacked us and a whole room of innocent patrons at the Little Ortalan." Zephyr looks around and realizes something. "Now that I think about it, I guess I was the only one in this room to partake... I can assure you it was totally unprovoked."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noxias is quick to cotton on. "What did you do to 'unprovoke' them?"
    Quote:
    "It seems to Noxias that the mere act of perceiving her in her decrepitude is enough to draw forth the mortality in his body."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "They say the group who attacked us was not acting under orders. So they said the group wasn't representing the church as a whole. Also, we saved the Heiromonk's daughter from a kidnapping from the matchless gang. I am sure that earned us favor." As Zephyr explains the politics of his home plane, he realizes this may not be the time.

"When we do get time for that ale, I'll be sure to lay out all that has conspired since the rains started. Right now, let's lay this scum to waste."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #4

This is the fourth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, March 17th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, March 19th.

A man wearing linothorax careens into view, a leaden cudgel in one hand and a throwing knife in the other. He stops up short and peers at the assembled party.

Though he wasn't so well-armed or armored at the time, Rogur recognizes the man as the visitor to the scriptorium from the night before and lets loose with his sling. Noxias seamlessly moves from conversing with Zephyr to uttering the words of an incantation.

"Wha-? Gah!" the man blurts out as an amber-hued ball of fire materializes next to his body and rolls towards him. He fends it off at the cost of some superficial burns and barely ducks out of the way of Rogur's sling shot at the same time.

"Wizards! Lots!" he bellows, and prompts turns tail, dashing back down the stairs screaming, "Back, back, go back!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "YES DOZENS OF WIZARDS! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES OR WE WILL DRAIN YOUR BLOOD!" Noxias bellows. It feels good to finally have the good end of the stick for once.

Somewhat quieter, to the group he offers, "allow my flaming sphere to lead the way down, but don't get too close! 'Kron-stance', is it?" These foreign names are difficult for him to pronounce. "Konstansz, hey where did you go?" Noxias looks around for a second. "Oh there, you seem to be good at being unnoticeable, would you care to lead the way?"
    Quote:

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Why do they always run. Come on everyone, let's show these hooligans they can't push poor Duvek around." Zephyr rushes after the gang member to teach him a lesson in manners.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Coward!" shouts Marc and rushes alongside his new found comrade-in-arms. Marc wonders how this barbarian knows Duvek, but decides to keep it to himself for now.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Poor" isn't exactly how Rogur would have chosen to describe the burly scriptorium proprietor, but he decides to take it up with Zephyr later. With a mental shrug, he drops another bullet into his sling's cup and trots after the others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I do hope Iniusy and Duvek were still upstairs avoiding the flooding when all this started," Yrisz says craning her head up to see up the stair as she waits her turn to proceed down it.

"I would much prefer that we were rescuing them over having to avenging them, as it were," she says evenly, clutching Sehanine's likeness in her mail mittened hand.
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 03-19-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Main Post #5

This is the fifth Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Tuesday, March 20th. The next main post will appear by 11 pm, Thursday, March 22nd.

"Two, three wizards! An elf, and--" the man gasps as he's battered by magical attacks. He slumps against the corner of the stairs.

"No! No!" he screams, shielding his face as the ball of fire bumps up against him, lighting his clothing on fire. The burning corpse collapses on the steps, its screams turning into a whistle of steaming flesh and blood.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast