Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Acqua Alta Finale

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Rogur blinks and turns to the girl. "Keep an eye on the two puddingheads who got themselves knocked out, and make sure they don't try anything stupid." He nudges Zephyr with his toe. "This one especially," he adds with a smirk that manages to be wry, fond and exasperated in equal measure. He kneels by Zephyr, removes the purse, walks out onto the rickety bridge and starts counting the coins. By the time he finishes, there are a dozen groups of stacked silver coins. Enough, he knows, to buy meals and lodgings for their little band for weeks, or to obtain transport further inland. But, I suppose buying the lives of three people is valuable enough. To somebody, anyway. The skin on the back of his neck crawls, knowing that hostile eyes are on him, probably viewing him down the stock of a crossbow. He stands, stretches his back, and waits to assist the others, his eyes constantly scanning the surroundings, picking out likely locations for a sniper.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When Zephyr eventually regains consciousness, everything seems a bit... fuzzy. He looks to Yrisz, "You're here. That's great! .... What happened? OOOOOHHH! I found Polon. These hooligans kidnapped him. But after I freed him from where I also got captured... Well, that's all kind of a blank. And what is that TERRIBLE smell??" Zephyr rubs his head hoping to make himself feel a bit better.
    "I'm not going crazy. I'm going sane in a CRAZY world!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I don't quite know if I could keep them at bay even if it pleased me to," a slightly exasperated Yrisz admits to Rogur, "they surely have the war strength to disregard any council that I might submit to them, but I'll see what I can manage."

As Zephyr comes to, Yrisz gently tries to keep him laying with a simple hand gesture, "Oh, Polon is right over there, fit as a fiddle, or at least one that has been knocked around a bit," she corrects. "As for the smell, I'm afraid I can't help you, but just sit tight and Rogur will be back in but a second. We've bribed the Matchless Gang fellows into a cease fire, free passage, and for the remainder of the scribes that were with you and Polon. So hopefully we're nearing the end of it, but I'll not count eggs just yet...and you rest and find your feet incase we have need of them on the quick."

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Acqua Alta Finale Main Post #71 - Conclusion

This is the seventy-first and final Acqua Alta Finale main post. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, November 17th. The next main post will appear in the OOC discussion thread by 11 am, Monday, November 19th.

Glad to be safely away from these stinking environs, you dutifully lay down the silver pieces and make your way back to the corner building, once you are assured that everyone can move under their own volition. In places, you are sure you see movement along the rooftops, people staying under cover of the haphazard construction. You think you can catch a glimpse of their crossbows, too.

There are a few less bodies than you remember, and one of the boats is missing. The remaining boats still seem to be available. How else would they expect you to leave?

The silver was not an insignificant amount, but lives are more precious, and none whom you have come for were left behind in the clutches of your assailants. Perhaps more importantly, your agreement carries the tacit promise that you will be left in peace, at least for a little while. The hope of that is especially worthwhile for those of you who are staying in the Second Candle Inn, an establishment that is clearly known to the Matchless Gang.

Of course, overshadowing all of it is the tremendous but unknown service those of you who traveled through Faerie performed for everyone living here. The waters will recede, and thousands of lives will return to normal, thanks to your heroic efforts.

A blast of wind whips your at your clothing, bringing with it droplets of rain. The sun shines through breaks in the clouds, though. Zephyr thinks he catches a glimpse of a grinning, finned creature, not quite human, swimming just below the surface for a few paces, before it swiftly turns away.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 11-19-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516