Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.

Thread: Players Wanted for New Classic AD&D Campaign in Puyallup/Sumner/Bonney Lake/Auburn Area

Downloads
    Uploads

Players Wanted for New Classic AD&D Campaign in Puyallup/Sumner/Bonney Lake/Auburn Area

Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Do you remember (or wish you remembered) the heady days of high adventure when the best computer RPG available was Zork and required a boot disc? Do you remember wondering what kind of bow Eric had and why it was missing from the DMG? Do you recall a time before THACO where hits and misses were determined by looking at the table below the scimitar? Well if so I may have a campaign for you!

Seriously, I am a thirty something who was an avid gamer in the 80’s but kind of fell out of gaming just when 2nd edition was being released. Lately I have wanted to play but it’s hard to find a group that plays “old school” games located within 30 minutes of my home.

My campaign would be based on the T, A, I, C, and G/D/Q series TSR modules. I know we have played (or wish we had played) most of them, but they are classics that can be run over and over again IMHO.

Let me know if you are in the Pierce / South King county area and are interested in starting a 1e (or possibly 2e) campaign based on the classic Greyhawk adventures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude! If you are still available, I am in Sumner! I am down, I have my own means of transportation, and my girlfriend makes wonderful baked goods for the group!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there,

This weekend is out because I have only had you and one other guy say yo can make it. I am going to give it another shot in 2 weeks. Sorry about that, hopefully you can make it in 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Ders

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this weekend didn’t work and after a Pen & Paper direct media blitz I only had confirmations from Opus and Dylan. Because of the responses I received over the weekend I am encouraged that we should have at least 4 players interested to participate in our first session.

I would like to have the initial session run from 11:00am to about 5:00pm on Sunday April 29th. The date and time are not set in stone and if there are folks who can’t make a Sunday session we could move it to Saturday the 28th. As for the time we probably will have a hard ending time of 6:00pm so I can get the kiddies to bed on time. Personally I am an early riser and would be available anytime after 9:00am but I realize that’s early for normal folks on a Sunday morning.

One Idea I have been kicking around is a “meet and greet” character generation session for this Sunday (the 22nd). I Can’t make it on Saturday because I am taking the family truckster up to Mt. Vernon for the tulip festival and will be gone all day. Anyway, if there is enough interest in a 2 hour or so meet and greet session this weekend I will clear it with the Chief Family Officer.

Please join the group here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Greyhawk_Geezer/

and let me know if you are available for either the initial character generation session this Sunday or the general first campaign session on the weekend of the 29th.

Thanks,