Recent Chat Activity (Main Lobby)
Join Chat

Loading Chat Log...

Prefer not to see ads? Become a Community Supporter.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first special guest post in this thread.   Thread: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prefer not to see ads?
    Become a Community Supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustland View Post
    If you had to choose one I'd say Armor for two reasons:

1) Since the Thing is a brick, he should be able to effecively defend against multiple attacks.
    2) Elemental Form allows you to travel through the element in question. I don't think that's something the Thing is known for (I could be wrong).

Him being rocky could be handled as simply cosmetic if you drop the Elemental Form power.
    Hey Dustland!

I'd totally forgotten about Elemental Form granting the ability to move through the element in question! That cinches it for me. I'll take the Elemental Form off of the Thing's character sheet.

I'll re-post him tomorrow with the change.

Thanks for the feedback!

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I'm coming after the war is over, but I would have said the same thing as Dustland. It's purely a cosmetic aspect of Armor.
    Sorry for my English, but it's not my primary language.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey folks!

Instead of posting a character today, I'm posting SUPERS! benchmarks and rankings for the Marvel write-ups that I've done thus far. These are the product of my taking a break from the write-ups to calibrate the characters I'd worked on thus far, and the work generated a few changes to my old write-ups. I'm not going to repost the write-ups, because that would take too long, but anyone who is interested in a Word Doc of the new work can PM me with an email and I'll send them your way.

In the meantime, I would love your feedback on the rankings that I'm posting in this message. I know that everybody will have slightly different interpretations of these characters, so there is no right way of doing them, but I always value feedback, as I'm somewhat unsure of certain values that I've assigned.

Anyway, I'm going to resume doing new write-ups this weekend. Until then, here are the rankings...

Supers-Benchmarks-01 by Eletarmion, on Flickr

Supers-Benchmarks-02 by Eletarmion, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally, here is draft 1.0 of the Silver Surfer!

Marvel-SilverSurfer by Eletarmion, on Flickr

A few notes:
    1) Wizardry is meant to emulate "The Power Cosmic"
    2) Please feel free to critique this. I'm not a huge Silver Surfer fan, so I don't know him as well as I know other characters.
    3) I'll probably create a new Space Flight power at some point.

Cheers!

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh, meant to comment about the Banchmarks earlier, thanks for posting those! That's something I'm going to include in the book, lots of benchmarks for various actions (climbing, swimming, etc). That's been the one area I've struggled with in Supers!, how hard are particular actions, how strong is my character compared to known supers, etc. So thanks again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Howdy Dustland,

Thanks for the kind words about the benchmarks! So they look about right to you? Feel free to tell me where you see something "off". Again, I know this is somewhat subjective, but some characters I know better than others, and I welcome constructive criticism - especially on a Resistance like Composure, which is somewhat harder to quantify. I think I have a handle on it, but again - I welcome feedback.

I CAN'T WAIT to buy your supplement! It's going to be SO useful! Benchmarks for actions would be GREAT to have.

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, back to the Marvel write-ups. I decided to go back to alphabetical order, so here is Quicksilver. I'll post Rogue tomorrow, if I have the chance. I don't have many left to go before I start working on completely new ones.

Marvel-Quicksilver by Eletarmion, on Flickr

I'm not 100% certain about the Element Control (Wind). He does make whirwinds with his super speed. Maybe I should give it less dice? Maybe I should put some sort of Complication on it? What do ya'll think?

Best,

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey folks,

Here is another Avenger. Simple one, but an Avenger nonetheless. :-)

Marvel-She-Hulk by Eletarmion, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    SHE looks good! ;-)
    Sorry for my English, but it's not my primary language.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know what you mean! ;-)

Cheers!

Dragonfly

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want She-Hulk on my squad, just sayin'...

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Thanks, Simon. If you don't know Ant-Man/Giant-Man, and if you are a fan of superhero fiction, do yourself a favor and watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlUOgN6catE

Unfortunately, he doesn't use his growth powers until later in the series, but this gives you a good sense of who the character is (and it's only like 7 minutes long).

If you like what you see, I highly recommend the whole series! Watch all 20 micro-episodes first, as they introduce you to the characters, and then dig into the main series. WELL worth it, IMO.

Again, the show is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Best,

Dragonfly
    Just a little off topic. Have you decided to abandon BASH?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Age Superhero View Post
    We don't talk about BASH on these forums!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Age Superhero View Post
    Howdy Golden Age Superhero! Fancy meeting you here! Mum's the word on that other game. (How's that, Simon? ) We can talk about that in person this summer. In the meantime, does the fact that you have an account here mean that you are gonna give SUPERS! a try?

Cheers!

Aldo

P.S. BTW, Simon, Golden Age Superhero and I have played quite a bit of BoL at his gaming table. Loads of fun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    P.S. BTW, Simon, Golden Age Superhero and I have played quite a bit of BoL at his gaming table. Loads of fun!
    Cool.

Oh and hi & wecome to GAS.

(Oh and we do talk about BASH but only if we are saying how superior SUPERS! is )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast